Blog Entries

A Separate Section for Politics

In the Simply Topical section, I was just wondering if there should be a separate section for political discussion. Since it seems to be an unpopular topic, when mingled with general conversation, I figured that it could still have its own section because of how politics pertains to daily life.

Your thoughts?

Blog Entries
    It's own thread for sure, but I don't think it's such a hot topic that it warrants it's own section.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    It's own thread for sure, but I don't think it's such a hot topic that it warrants it's own section.
    Gotta agree with tommy. Even if it were made a sticky thread in the general section, i think that would be better than a whole politics section

Blog Entries
    Religion and Politics are very touchy subjects for some, and making a section dedicated to any of these two subjects would be a mistake IMO. Eventually I could see this getting out of hand, people banned, and the section closed anyway. IMO before a section is created you could try a simple test thread in the tea spot section of the forum, see how it goes and move from there. The mods already have a thankless non-paid job as it is, and adding another section for them to moderate wouldn't, (in my opinion), be met with much enthusiasm. However I could be wrong about it all and I've been wrong before, (all men are according to my wife - - hi hon if your reading this), I just feel a trial thread would be prudent before a section needs to be created.

UFC Womens Bantamweight Champion
    Ronda Rousey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Death View Post
    Religion and Politics are very touchy subjects for some, and making a section dedicated to any of these two subjects would be a mistake IMO. Eventually I could see this getting out of hand, people banned, and the section closed anyway. IMO before a section is created you could try a simple test thread in the tea spot section of the forum, see how it goes and move from there. The mods already have a thankless non-paid job as it is, and adding another section for them to moderate wouldn't, (in my opinion), be met with much enthusiasm. However I could be wrong about it all and I've been wrong before, (all men are according to my wife - - hi hon if your reading this), I just feel a trial thread would be prudent before a section needs to be created.
    Way ahead of you, Doc.

Blog Entries
    We have a thread or three for this already. Doesn't need a whole section. If you want to go hang out somewhere that has petty bitchfights, we have a section dedicated to that

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    We have a thread or three for this already. Doesn't need a whole section. If you want to go hang out somewhere that has petty bitchfights, we have a section dedicated to that
    hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaahahhahahhahahahahah ha
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !