Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is JR right?

Is JR right?

On Talent Making Their Own Breaks: With all that said, I am a firm believer that talents largely make their own breaks especially today with no territories with which to pluck established, main eventers. How much one is willing to invest DAILY in one's career is the difference in getting to the Promised Land OR choosing to use their lack of effort and initiative to blame the business, the establishment, creative, etc for one's failure. Some who read this will disagree with my assessment, which is fine. Unlike many keyboard warriors on Twitter or those who become tough guys on internet message boards, success, no matter what field it may be, is largely dependent on the person who one sees daily in the mirror. That's simply my opinion.

The argument I would have is this, when I look back at the WCW dvds. All I heard was how the only man in WCW to get a break was Goldberg. You hear talents say, if you arn't friends with the head man you wouldn't be able to make it there. JR was one of people who stated something similar to those statements on those WCW dvds. Is he trying to tell me the likes of Rey Mysterio, Jericho, Benoit, Malenko, Bret Hart, among others had poor effort? Was it truly their fault why they didn't get over? Hell, Mean Gene said it himself why WCW wanted him was because how over he was in other countries like Germany. Don't let us try to pretend either that WWE didn't do the same holding back great talent like Raven, DDP, among others jokes who were great in other organizations besides in the WWE.

I don't have a problem with JR at all. My favorite announcer all-time is JR. I just wanted to hear others opinion while voicing my own.

I believe JR is right. Nothing is handed to you as a wrestler you must make your own break. Sure there are those that got a head start but still they had to be able to do it. Wrestling fans will not take a forced package and no matter how big the initial push if a talent does not make their move on their own they will not be a top tier talent. No wrestling company truly hold back talent unless they keep them off tv. If a talent makes their move and connects with the fans they will be on TV and will go to bigger things. Wrestling is about money and if you can draw you will be on TV.

On the one hand you have a member of the drive by IWC, who's specualting on what he think he knows happens or happened in these companies.

On the other hand you have JR who has spent years in the business, working for different companies, in many different roles the majority of which were recruiting and developing talent.

Yeah I think I know where my hat lies here.

It's almost like JR is right and Wrong, I do think if someone is lazy and doesn't work on there carer they will fail and they can't get mad at others but surely there are many talents who worked so so hard but never got anywhere
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Quote Originally Posted by lewism173 View Post
    It's almost like JR is right and Wrong, I do think if someone is lazy and doesn't work on there carer they will fail and they can't get mad at others but surely there are many talents who worked so so hard but never got anywhere
    That's just a fact of life though. Lol. Someone can work hard but never really go anywhere, while another person can just be spoonfed everything.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    That's just a fact of life though. Lol. Someone can work hard but never really go anywhere, while another person can just be spoonfed everything.
    what I mean is SOMETIMES only sometimes it really is Creatives fault or another guys fault, for example Alex Reilly could have worked harder than someone like David O'tounga for example but If cena doesn't like him he aint going no where.

an example of creative ruining a wwe carer is Colt Cabana, they decided the Scotty Goldman name way to near to his debut and also had no clue how to use him.
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

Blog Entries
    The way no one likes to think about it is that this business is very unfair, and sometimes the creative team won't back you or give you a fair chance. There's always the chance you just happen to not be able to get along with some of the influential people. Maybe they just don't like you.

However, there is nothing a wrestler can do about that. ABSOLUTELY nothing. The only things you can control are how hard you work and how much you improve yourself day in, day out. If you as hard as you can and STILL someone doesn't give you the green light, then you can't do anything about it, and so sorry see ya later. But if you use the creative team as an excuse to be complacent then you don't deserve it.

Hard work and a willingness to do things most people would not be willing to will help. Santino is a wrestler who works hard but if he was not willing to play his goofball toon he would be gone. There are only so many people who can be stars. The key for most of the wwe roster is to get to the show and do what it takes to stay there. Even if is a change of character like steve austin/ playing a fool like santino or losing like heath slater. WWE will not make everyone a superstar they cannot to many stars cause problems. However if can get to the TV roster you can make yourself a star.

Blog Entries
    It take a mix of things for a talent to make it in Wrestling....

The promoter and agents having faith in them.... Then seeing how over someone is, in character.... If they appeal to the fans as heel or face..... Then if creative and the ideas the promotion have for the talent.....
    Sometimes both TNA and WWE makes you wonder why they so slow at pushing talent, esp when they are already proven....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???