Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Has TNA forgotten what brought them to the dance?

Let me tell ya, I got a story for yall. It goes a little something like this....TNA started the car in 2002. It wasn't a limo like WWE rides. It was more of a busted down car. That car went hit some bumps on the way to being the #2 company in wrestling. They focused on every division, hell at one point, fans felt that the X-Division title was the most prestigous title in the biz. They even added a knockouts division that was head and shoulders better than the other company's women's division. This company put on a show every night in matches that were so gimmicky that fans were scratching their head wondering how the match would end. However, fans still loved the effort and the matches they put on. They had the 6 sides of steel, Ultimate X, King of the Mountain among other great unique matches. They even got a TV and primetime deal. This wrestling company was rolling.

That car was so pretty other wrestlers from the top company wanted to be a part of it. Legends like Sting, Lex Luger, DDP, Dusty Rhodes, Goldust, Kevin Nash, Sting, Kurt Angle, among others. However, the ultimate legend himself Hulk Hogan decided to come in and give this company that push it needed to be the top company in the world. His first night, they went live head to head with WWE. Did have a great show of returns like the Band, Jeff Hardy, Val Venis, and even the Nasty Boyz. Despite all these legends they brought in, they ended up having their worst ratings they ever had for Impact before the arrival of Hulk Hogan. They did 1.3s without them and til this day, they can't keep that mark they kept before.

A legend came in taking the things that made TNA great. They had the young guns who he claimed he was going to push take a backseat to the likes of RVD, Mr.Anderson, Nasty Boyz, Himself, Flair, among others. That January 4th show had the best tag team in the business in the back shaking hands with the Nature Boy. Hogan than decided to get rid of the gimmicks like the King of the Mountain match that fans loved. Hardly get to see the Ultimate X matches anymore. Taken a great character like Abyss making him into a Eugene type of character. Constantly making mistakes with Fortune joining Legacy at first instead of having them feud with them in the first place. Which they ended up doing with Flair as a heel. No one wants to boo the Nature Boy. Than you push Garrett Bischoff while having the likes of AJ Styles and Hogan himself out there saying how big of a star and how much balls he has. Most of the best talent don't need other talent to tell the fans how big of a set they have. Fans know it by the effort they put out inside that squared circle.

Has TNA forgotten what made them great? What took them to the heights they were? They were doing better without Hogan. They are trying to ride a limo they can't afford. WCW got to the top by being different. They didn't get to the top trying to be just like the other promotion. Hogan has came in and taken a lot of things that made TNA special. He took away things that helped bring TNA to those heights. We witnessed a knockouts title change hands via box in 2010. The tag division is at its worst it has ever been. I could go on, but I figure you get the point. Do you agree or disagree with the things I stated? If so, why or why not?

First off, I agree with you, Hulk ruined the company and backed it into a corner, but for future reference, this is more of a blog.

I've been saying this since Hulk came in and shit on everything that USED TO be TNA, he turned it into WWE-Lite. TNA in 2006-09 used to be a brilliant, unique show that was a complete alternative to the crap WWE has been putting on for years but now it's basically a copy. No more 6-sided ring, no 2 entrance ways for faces/heels, no more fun gimmick matches like Ultimate X, barbed wire, 10,000 tacks, King of the mountain, etc, knockouts division ruined, tag team division ruined, new stars like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe ruined, x-division disregarded and filling the show with has-beens or never-beens like Hogan, Flair and Mr Anderson

For me TNA used to be must-watch TV back in 2008-9, it really had something great going, but when Hogan came in and cut it's throat it totally killed the product for me and I haven't followed the show since then

agree..... TNA has become more predictable in Hogan's era no exciting new matches... Every ex wwe guy has a gets a gold around his waist as soon as they get hired

I can't believe that people stil say this.TNA has been doing so well lately and its probably the best TNA ever.And i never understood why is so bad that former WWE wrestlers are the champions.If you are big fans of the old TNA then you will already know that TNA was billed from former WCW, WWE and ECW wrestlers.And is so stupid that people always blaming Hogan about something

I mean lets see the positives

Aces and eight's storyline, finally TNA is investing in a big storyline

World Title Picture,is so good to see more guys getting involved(and Hardy found his old self ans still sells more than anyone)

And now they are trying to rebuild their other divisions

Also the TV title actually matters now

Open fight night and Gut check.I've been enjoying this since it started

Quality matches on Impact almost every week

OK you will find a few things that you don't like.But you can't always get what you want,right?You need to stop complaining and enjoy the product, if you don't like the product then why the hell you are watching it,ha?

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    I can't believe that people stil say this.TNA has been doing so well lately and its probably the best TNA ever.And i never understood why is so bad that former WWE wrestlers are the champions.If you are big fans of the old TNA then you will already know that TNA was billed from former WCW, WWE and ECW wrestlers.And is so stupid that people always blaming Hogan about something

I mean lets see the positives

Aces and eight's storyline, finally TNA is investing in a big storyline

World Title Picture,is so good to see more guys getting involved(and Hardy found his old self ans still sells more than anyone)

And now they are trying to rebuild their other divisions

Also the TV title actually matters now

Open fight night and Gut check.I've been enjoying this since it started

Quality matches on Impact almost every week

OK you will find a few things that you don't like.But you can't always get what you want,right?You need to stop complaining and enjoy the product, if you don't like the product then why the hell you are watching it,ha?
    You do raise some good points, the new product isn't the best TNA's ever done, but it's still a quality wrestling show (much better than WWE) and should be seen as such

I miss the clockwork orange house of fun match.Particularly the first one.
    Orton hears a who

Blog Entries
    In the great words of dk wrestling savior (correct me if I'm wrong), "when the #1 company doesn't want you to work for them and the #2 company does, it's better to go to the #2 company rather than be unemployed"

I know I know. That was a horrible rendition of what dk actually said. >.< but it sounded something like that and it was 100% right.

Blog Entries
    I think thoughts like this double bind companies. I'll try to keep this short but I'm sorry in advance if it's too long. Ok let's say that tna were to have kept the same product as before, always putting on gimmick matches, always pushing the envelope... guess what happens the match gimmicks become stale and you can start comparing them to other matches that you have already seen and they are just trying to push it as original... and because you are pushing the same product you are never surprised about what happens. think about it like this... Who is the funniest wrestler to watch for you in wrestling? I assume that wrestler doesn't have the five moves of doom ending to every one of his matches... That's because we like to see something different... and now tna is pushing a different product people are trying to find flaws instead of see the change in merit.
    #BeJelly