Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What makes you think he loathes Cena in real life?

Blog Entries
    So, everyone is off at some point, look at Punk, even one of the best talkers was owned by Cena at one point. (The Rock) It happens, no need to dwell on it.

I can't believe some of you don't realize that Dolph Ziggler's push has NEVER been about Dolph Ziggler.

When he was IC and US Champion, it was about Vickie Guerrero.
    As MITB winner and WHC Champion, it's going to be about AJ Lee and Big E Langston.

Face it, Ziggler has always played second-fiddle to a more popular character, and the man is NOT going to be a top star until WWE allows him to branch out on his own. I've been believing this for years.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihltygre View Post
    then again maybe he had a bad night, a head cold, something in his personal life distracting him. honestly i think the guy has huge talent but we haven't seen him have to maintain his level of performance. he may just be like a sprinter, good in the short term but have trouble with the long term. Dunno we'll have to see.
    Some guys aren't so hot on the extra-length promos; and in all fairness, last night's closer was hardly a masterpiece of writing. Not the first time the WWE essentially beat one joke to death on a promo...unfortunately. Then again, easily the worst part of Raw was Cole coming off like a jackass with the overblown--even by his standards--fake laughing.

(I'm pretending the Mae Young skits didn't occur. Posting too close to dinnertime.)
    --Stately

visit the home of The Return Of The Official Greatest Heel Column Ever
    http://www.swmswm.com/StatelyStates.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    I can't believe some of you don't realize that Dolph Ziggler's push has NEVER been about Dolph Ziggler.

When he was IC and US Champion, it was about Vickie Guerrero.
    As MITB winner and WHC Champion, it's going to be about AJ Lee and Big E Langston.

Face it, Ziggler has always played second-fiddle to a more popular character, and the man is NOT going to be a top star until WWE allows him to branch out on his own. I've been believing this for years.
    AJ's job is to compliment Ziggler who is a rising star yet to win the big one just as Lita's job was to do the same to a rising star yet to win the big one. Edge spent most of his career not on his own when he was in main event and it didnt hurt him so why would it hurt ziggler?

Quote Originally Posted by imswm View Post
    Some guys aren't so hot on the extra-length promos; and in all fairness, last night's closer was hardly a masterpiece of writing. Not the first time the WWE essentially beat one joke to death on a promo...unfortunately. Then again, easily the worst part of Raw was Cole coming off like a jackass with the overblown--even by his standards--fake laughing.

(I'm pretending the Mae Young skits didn't occur. Posting too close to dinnertime.)
    What Lawler said after those skits almost made them worth sitting thru though.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adreme View Post
    AJ's job is to compliment Ziggler who is a rising star yet to win the big one just as Lita's job was to do the same to a rising star yet to win the big one. Edge spent most of his career not on his own when he was in main event and it didnt hurt him so why would it hurt ziggler?
    A manager doesn't have to hurt per se and adds most of the time.. but I don't see this as a great fit. I don't know who's complimenting who to be honest.

AJ has been used with too many superstars this year and Dolph just broke free from Vicky. I had rather seen him go alone.. or had the Vicky/AJ switcheroo happen earlier. When they did the hotelroom skit, I hoped AJ didn't visit John, but Dolph, who via that angle would've broken away by Vicky.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyKong View Post
    What makes you think he loathes Cena in real life?
    i want to know this too.

I thought ziggler won on the mic. Cena had to keep repeating himself while DZ didn't. I enjoyed the segment. I found humor in the pics though, but come on....is that the best hes got? Been done several times before.

Quote Originally Posted by Adreme View Post
    That may be the idea on paper, but that's not how it's playing out on TV. The entire time Dolph Ziggler was with Vickie Guerrero, she was the bigger heel. She got the bigger reaction. She got the bigger spotlight. She got more mic-time. Her purpose on television was more relevant, and he just happened to be the lucky Superstar she was managing. The exact same thing is now playing out with AJ Lee.

The only role Dolph Ziggler has been playing for the past 3 years is a boy toy sidekick. The IWC may love the guy, but everyone else has never tuned in to see him, but whichever female manager he's stuck with.