*Spoilers* The Superior Spider-Man

Ok, so I have just finished reading The Amazing Spider-Man Issue 700, which also happens to be the end of the series. Now, I haven't really followed the comics, but this is one I decided to read, because I heard it was the end. Sadly as good as it was, the ending and the future of Spider-Man just seems horrible.

To recap, Doc Oc switches bodies with Parker, leaving Pete in the Doc's near dead body and Doc in Peter's body. This alone was odd for me, but I went with it. However the ending, which you can see coming halfway through, sees Doc kill Peter, but right before Peter dies, Doc gets a flash of Peter's life, all his heartache, everything Parker has gone through living as Spidey. So in the end, Doc promises to continue as Spider-Man, only he says he will be a better Spider-Man, a Superior Spider-Man. This is how we end 700 Issues of Amazing Spider-Man.

All I can say is WTF?? How can they expect people to buy Doc as the new Spidey? There was reasoning that the whole death of Peter by Doc was supposed to symbolize Peter's choices leading to his Uncle Ben dying, but honestly I don't see it. Doc Oc was a mass murderer, a psychopath, and now we are just supposed to be ok with him being the new WebHead? I dunno.. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Thoughts?
    Profile Retired

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krysys View Post
    Ok, so I have just finished reading The Amazing Spider-Man Issue 700, which also happens to be the end of the series. Now, I haven't really followed the comics, but this is one I decided to read, because I heard it was the end. Sadly as good as it was, the ending and the future of Spider-Man just seems horrible.

To recap, Doc Oc switches bodies with Parker, leaving Pete in the Doc's near dead body and Doc in Peter's body. This alone was odd for me, but I went with it. However the ending, which you can see coming halfway through, sees Doc kill Peter, but right before Peter dies, Doc gets a flash of Peter's life, all his heartache, everything Parker has gone through living as Spidey. So in the end, Doc promises to continue as Spider-Man, only he says he will be a better Spider-Man, a Superior Spider-Man. This is how we end 700 Issues of Amazing Spider-Man.

All I can say is WTF?? How can they expect people to buy Doc as the new Spidey? There was reasoning that the whole death of Peter by Doc was supposed to symbolize Peter's choices leading to his Uncle Ben dying, but honestly I don't see it. Doc Oc was a mass murderer, a psychopath, and now we are just supposed to be ok with him being the new WebHead? I dunno.. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Thoughts?
    They might go with it a bit, but I think will change their minds like what they did with the civil war when he unmasked himself to the public. But we will see
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

a more evil spidey could be refreshing, but I don't see it lasting too long