Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

TNA and Impact Wrestling in 2013

Simple question what is your prediction of what will happen in TNA and Impact in 2013????

My predictions.......
    1. Move PPVs out of the Impact Zone, the time is now or never if they want to grow they going have to do that.

2. A secondary or 3rd show, as much as they rely on Xplosion internationally it not working for those who don't follow TNA or know anything about it... The thing is Xplosion is no more the a review show with other tidbits like Rewind, and SpinCycle and Underground... Even bring Xplosion to the the US of A, shop it around for a network, expand it to 2 hours with a hour for wrestling, the other hour for Spin Cycle and Rewind and Underground....

3. Roster expansion, time to grow, time to bring some of those who won Gut Check back or those that is improving their skills in OVW back....

4.Something new and inventive.... In 2012, TNA brought up Gut Check, which is used at certain house shows to scout talent... Then they had added Open Fight Night and Championship Thursday as once a month events... What ever it is, a new match concept or specialty show, I'm sure TNA can make good on it.....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Heel AJ Styles

Hopefully expand and travel throughout the country

Cutting back on PPV's I've heard

Re build the tag team division like it used to be

Hogan/Sting retire

Quote Originally Posted by Sicksnuff17 View Post
    Heel AJ Styles

Hopefully expand and travel throughout the country

Cutting back on PPV's I've heard

Re build the tag team division like it used to be

Hogan/Sting retire
    I agree with all these except for Sting retire. I would say that TNA need to learn to use Sting properly but he's got a few more years of in ring in him yet.
    As for the op: 2 out of 4 impacts are ''gimmick'' shows so I dont think they need another new concept there.

Divas to believe in.

My hope for 2013
    Christopher Daniels, AJ Styles, Bully Ray and James Storm as WHC

2. Manage the time better for Impact. Cut all but 1 maybe 2 in ring talking segments put everything else back stage. Set up the next weeks show better. Make it click. Too much time wasted by people just walking to the ring to talk.

3. Refresh the roster. Cut the dead weight/big contracts and bring in the new. The Hogans he maybe the face of wrestling but he's brought all he's going to bring to TNA. RVD age is catching up. Pope as much as I like him if he's not being used he can go. I would like to see Adam Pearce and the Briscos.

5. A&8 lets get the ball rolling already.

6. Take the TV title off Devon has A&8 he does not need the title to be over. Give it to someone who can use it to get over. York would be awesome to start with. Make it the most defended title and let it change hands about every 4-6 weeks.

remove champion cycles (these guys these 2 months, then forget about them and move on)

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    I agree with all these except for Sting retire. I would say that TNA need to learn to use Sting properly but he's got a few more years of in ring in him yet.
    As for the op: 2 out of 4 impacts are ''gimmick'' shows so I dont think they need another new concept there.
    Open Fight Night is gimmicky but it does do a nice job progressing storylines and feuds Championship Thursday is mighty pointless in my mind. It is just there to beg people to tune in. Gimmick PPVs are getting old, and I agree, more gimmick TV tapings will be over doing it.

On topic:
    - I think TNA is on a good path right now creative-wise. They just need to incorporate more X-Division and more tag teams. A second show would help but I don't think we would see this until June at best if would even happen this year.

- The eliminating of two PPVs is an interesting move and I am curious to see whether or not they will lead to a significant increase in buys. If they are not pulling at least 25% more buys for Lockdown (LD) and BFG I cannot see how the move would be profitable. The one great thing about this is now that 3 out of the potential 8 PPVs are OUT of the Impact Zone. Hopefully, Destination-X, which is looking like their fourth show, it getting out as well.

- Getting out of the Impact Zone for TV tapings need to be a priority but there is fine line between doing it smart and overkill. TNA should aim at getting one show out of the Impact Zone a month. They also should not be taping in advanced for the 6 weeks or so before LD and BFG.

- I think RVD needs to go which will create some nice room at the top. I'm not Hardy's biggest fan but he is still a major draw. Not sure if TNA could afford to lose him. If they do, they better give Shelton and JoMo a call ASAP. Mr. Anderson could stay for most of this year but Morgan can easily take over his spot once he is at full push status.

Definitely for reducing there ppvs most of 2012 they half assed some of there secondary ppvs with little to no build what so ever.

A secondary show even an hour long with just wrestling matches would b nice but i doubt they will do this.

1. Rebuild the Tag Team Division. As I've suggested before, have a Tag Team Gut Check.

2. Definitely a secondary show. Something like WCW Saturday Night, with a Saturday late afternoon, early evening time slot. Use it to build mid-card interest and get guys on TV when an episode of Impact doesn't allow.

3. Tour the local Southeast college campuses for Thursday Night Impact and PPV's. Hold the secondary show tapings in the Impact Zone.

4. Have consistent and ongoing storylines and storytelling. That sort of thing makes for great television. We need a reason to be excited to tune in the next week. They did a decent job for most of 2012, but they need to be more consistent with this. Just great wrestling and quality matches doesn't make great television anymore. We in the IWC love it, but it's about building and captivating an audience.

5. The absolute biggest thing. Market the product. Make stars out your top guys. Get Bobby Roode and Austin Aries onto talk shows. Get them known around the country. Gain publicity by getting involved in causes that garner attention. The more exposure the wrestlers and the company gets, the better the chances at getting more people interested.

Good Post.

Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior View Post
    5. The absolute biggest thing. Market the product. Make stars out your top guys. Get Bobby Roode and Austin Aries onto talk shows. Get them known around the country. Gain publicity by getting involved in causes that garner attention. The more exposure the wrestlers and the company gets, the better the chances at getting more people interested.
    This right here. They need to hire a solid marketing firm to help them out.