View Poll Results: what you think of this idea?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • crap

    9 64.29%
  • like crap

    3 21.43%
  • getting better

    0 0%
  • nearly there

    0 0%
  • on the way

    0 0%
  • ok

    0 0%
  • average

    1 7.14%
  • good idea

    0 0%
  • great idea

    0 0%
  • lets take it to wwe

    1 7.14%
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Post Royal Rumble change it up..........

    Now i dont think i am the only 1 who thinks the rumble needs freshened up a bit, with regards to the winner now not being the main event at mania for quite sometime, past few years infact have seen winner of rumble very early in mania card.
    so how about a new process, no longer number 1 contender as #mitb is very handy for this now, what about the 2 champs whc and wwe meet on raw before rumble or even ppv before (tlc match) and the looser has there title up for grabs in the rumble, was a great idea in 1992 when flair won and that rumble still means so much 21 yrs later due to winner gets the title, (not forgetting brain on commentarty awesome). so the looser has there title on the line in the rumble 30 men actually now have the opportunity of a life time a chance to win a world title, pair this together with a lotto draft live each raw to determin which superstar enters where, could build it over 3 shows prior to rumble in jan, 1-10, 11-20 and 21-30 the last draw being the closing of raw before rumble, i understand this takes away potential suprise entries into the rumble so could allocate certain numbers to ledgens or celebs and not disclose who it would be, easy work around to keep suprises but if the winner wins whc or wwe title there should be no1 on current roster not entered unless story line to keep the out, just a few changes i think would freshen up the prestige of the rocky rumble............. thoughts?

  2. #2
    Horrible idea.

    "Main Event" is a broad term. It doesn't mean last match like you, and others, think it does. It means a marquee match. Usually there are 3 marquee matches at WM and the 2 world title matches are always going to be 2 of them. The idea of having the Royal Rumble for one of the world titles makes me shudder. 1992 worked so great because the title was vacated. So if one of them is vacated I can see it working, but for a champion to defend his title in the Rumble just sounds like an awful idea. It sounds like something WCW would do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    You fucking legend.
    First IWA World Champion

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    Horrible idea.

    "Main Event" is a broad term. It doesn't mean last match like you, and others, think it does. It means a marquee match. Usually there are 3 marquee matches at WM and the 2 world title matches are always going to be 2 of them. The idea of having the Royal Rumble for one of the world titles makes me shudder. 1992 worked so great because the title was vacated. So if one of them is vacated I can see it working, but for a champion to defend his title in the Rumble just sounds like an awful idea. It sounds like something WCW would do.
    I think people still associate the term "Main Event" with boxing and MMA; this is why so many think that labeling a match as a "Main Event" means that it will come towards the closing of the show.


    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

  4. #4
    Black Ninja! Cabers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,255
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ PUNK View Post
    Horrible idea.

    "Main Event" is a broad term. It doesn't mean last match like you, and others, think it does. It means a marquee match. Usually there are 3 marquee matches at WM and the 2 world title matches are always going to be 2 of them. The idea of having the Royal Rumble for one of the world titles makes me shudder. 1992 worked so great because the title was vacated. So if one of them is vacated I can see it working, but for a champion to defend his title in the Rumble just sounds like an awful idea. It sounds like something WCW would do.
    Agreed while we are doing this lets have Robert Pattinson become the new GM of the WWE now thats ratings

  5. #5
    I like the idea of the WWE and WHC champs facing off and having the loser lose their title but I wouldn't attach it to the rumble in any way. I think the concept of the Royal Rumble and the fact the winner gets to chose which title he gets to go after is still interesting enough. It means that theoretically one of the Wrestlemania main events could be The Rock vs Santino, who couldn't like that?!


    Divas to believe in.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    I like the idea of the WWE and WHC champs facing off and having the loser lose their title but I wouldn't attach it to the rumble in any way. I think the concept of the Royal Rumble and the fact the winner gets to chose which title he gets to go after is still interesting enough. It means that theoretically one of the Wrestlemania main events could be The Rock vs Santino, who couldn't like that?!
    Probably be the most entertaining match in history. I'll fork over money for that.

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    552
    I like the Rumble the way it is, 30 men fighting for a title match at Mania.
    I'm the Miz...and I'm.........................moderate

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by scottkv17 View Post
    Now i dont think i am the only 1 who thinks the rumble needs freshened up a bit, with regards to the winner now not being the main event at mania for quite sometime, past few years infact have seen winner of rumble very early in mania card.
    so how about a new process, no longer number 1 contender as #mitb is very handy for this now, what about the 2 champs whc and wwe meet on raw before rumble or even ppv before (tlc match) and the looser has there title up for grabs in the rumble, was a great idea in 1992 when flair won and that rumble still means so much 21 yrs later due to winner gets the title, (not forgetting brain on commentarty awesome). so the looser has there title on the line in the rumble 30 men actually now have the opportunity of a life time a chance to win a world title, pair this together with a lotto draft live each raw to determin which superstar enters where, could build it over 3 shows prior to rumble in jan, 1-10, 11-20 and 21-30 the last draw being the closing of raw before rumble, i understand this takes away potential suprise entries into the rumble so could allocate certain numbers to ledgens or celebs and not disclose who it would be, easy work around to keep suprises but if the winner wins whc or wwe title there should be no1 on current roster not entered unless story line to keep the out, just a few changes i think would freshen up the prestige of the rocky rumble............. thoughts?
    It was never technically "main event" after the brand split. It has been "choice" at a title! You get to choose who you face. If you think of it in last match terms, then John Cena is worth more than the both titles. The WWE title is worth more than the World title (even though they are essentially the same thing.. not that they are focused on the same way). The Royal Rumble is fine as a number one contender spot.

    G
    GMU - UTID!
     
    2012 - 2nd!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.