Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ryback/Langston

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Wouldn't agree on that. The Bull Hammer's pretty devestating IMO. An elbow to any part of your head is a pretty devestating blow.
    Its just an elbow in my eyes

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    Why is there always so much hate on the pounce? I liked that finisher and I thought it fit him perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverGhost View Post
    Hey....no hating on the Pounce. That is a dominant finisher. I miss Monty Brown.
    I never got why people hated the Pounce. As SG said, it just fit him perfectly and he made it look painful when he hit it. Hernandez uses it too and it works to a degree for him, but Brown's always looked like it blew his opponents away. I think the thing that made it work for me was indeed the person using the move.

Wouldn't agree on that. The Bull Hammer's pretty devestating IMO. An elbow to any part of your head is a pretty devestating blow.
    I like the Bull Hammer as it's set up with the short arm, but I have to say that it reminds me of Jake's set up for the DDT. Most of those short arm moves (Minus the Black Hole Slam) always remind me of Jake's short arm clothesline before he hit the DDT. What I do like about it is that it fits the character well and the character makes it appear dominant as a finisher.

As for Langston, I think the move would be better served if he used it like Morgan used the Hellevator. From the top of the shoulder, he should flip the head down, legs over, and finish it with a "Mega" Side Walk Slam appearance. The way he falls underneath does give the impression that Langston is taking the most of the damage from the move. With the flip over to land the move on the back, Langston comes out on the top and in a position for the pinfall. But that's just my view on it.

I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    Its just an elbow in my eyes
    Wait until the day you actually get his by an full on elbow blow to the face. I guarantee you you'll change your mind about it being "just an elbow" after that!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    As for Langston, I think the move would be better served if he used it like Morgan used the Hellevator. From the top of the shoulder, he should flip the head down, legs over, and finish it with a "Mega" Side Walk Slam appearance. The way he falls underneath does give the impression that Langston is taking the most of the damage from the move. With the flip over to land the move on the back, Langston comes out on the top and in a position for the pinfall. But that's just my view on it.
    I loved Matt Morgan's Hellevator move. I'm disappointed he's cut it from his repertoire these days.

Going back to the Pounce for a second. I think that move would fit for Langston as a signature move. He did used to be an American football player I think. I think he's one of those guys (like Cor Von) that would make the move look good.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I loved Matt Morgan's Hellevator move. I'm disappointed he's cut it from his repertoire these days.

Going back to the Pounce for a second. I think that move would fit for Langston as a signature move. He did used to be an American football player I think. I think he's one of those guys (like Cor Von) that would make the move look good.
    I think Langston could use it for a setup, but I'd rather see Reigns use it. Langston has that size to make it look dominant, but I think he has more to his background than the moves he is using in the E. Someone like Reigns could add the Pounce, make it look dominant, and it would add depth to his moveset where it is needed. With Langston, I'd rather see him incorporate some slams as it would be a tip to his State Championship from High School and would also help tie into his powerlifting career. It's the same reason why Mark Henry's finisher just seemed to "fit" due to his powerlifting resume.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I think Langston could use it for a setup, but I'd rather see Reigns use it. Langston has that size to make it look dominant, but I think he has more to his background than the moves he is using in the E. Someone like Reigns could add the Pounce, make it look dominant, and it would add depth to his moveset where it is needed. With Langston, I'd rather see him incorporate some slams as it would be a tip to his State Championship from High School and would also help tie into his powerlifting career. It's the same reason why Mark Henry's finisher just seemed to "fit" due to his powerlifting resume.
    That I can agree with for sure.

Speaking of Henry, I wonder what the odds of us seeing Henry vs Langston in the future? With them making constant referances to Langston being the strongest man on the roster, I think it's likely. That, or they're acknowledging the fact that Henry isn't coming back at all of course.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Wait until the day you actually get his by an full on elbow blow to the face. I guarantee you you'll change your mind about it being "just an elbow" after that!

I've been hit by elbows and punches before and that has nothing to do with what i'm watching from Barrett.In WWE i'm watching wrestlers kicking out Cesaro's devastating uppercut and i've seen people losing from Barrett's bullhamer which in my eyes is not as dominating as the uppercut or other finishers in WWE

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Speaking of Henry, I wonder what the odds of us seeing Henry vs Langston in the future? With them making constant referances to Langston being the strongest man on the roster, I think it's likely. That, or they're acknowledging the fact that Henry isn't coming back at all of course.
    I hope to see him back and I wouldn't mind Henry passing that torch to Langston in about 3-5 years... But to give that fresh face such a boost so quickly would be a mistake to me. It would be similar to when Kurt took on Brock and Brock walked away shortly after. If the kid turns out to be someone that falls off in the coming decade, I'd rather not see him with a win over the "World's Strongest Man" but I have seen the E do stranger things. As to your point, I think it is more to sell Langston as an immediate threat whereas Ryback took month to build. By giving Langston that moniker, they are just trying to push his strength as his selling point.

DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Stihltygre View Post
    disagree on the Bulhammer, in my less civil days if i REALLY needed to end a fight (real one) i would grab a wrist as someone punched and basically pull them towards me as i threw a punch of an elbow, and yeah it can do a dam good job of ending a fight, you don't even have to do it right. it's resulted in broken nose,s a few broken cheekbones, and a dislocated jaw, now i've never Ko'd someone like that but it's a nasty thing to do. especially using my elbow, now you have that done by someone who's 6'6" as opposed to 5' 10" and 230 rather than 180, you just ruined someones day, it's a hell of a lot more believable to me that wasteland. IMHO the pounce was a joke ( would have been a great set up though) and not a fan of the big ending, or shell shocked.... i like the meat hook clothesline but i always liked the clothesline from hell to... clotheslines are fun
    I see where your coming from. That would really put a stop to anyone fighting you. But according to Wade, you have to turn him around and spoon him before elbowing him in the face.

Im sorry but this is absurd! All this talk about Corvon's pounce being a set up?! You can't just use a move as a set up when he nearly knocks someone under the bottom rope /straight out of the ring!

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Give it a chance fella he is only new to the roster!