Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ryback/Langston

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magglis View Post
    I've been hit by elbows and punches before and that has nothing to do with what i'm watching from Barrett.In WWE i'm watching wrestlers kicking out Cesaro's devastating uppercut and i've seen people losing from Barrett's bullhamer which in my eyes is not as dominating as the uppercut or other finishers in WWE
    I'd rather get hit by Cesaro's uppercut than Barrett's elbow personally!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I hope to see him back and I wouldn't mind Henry passing that torch to Langston in about 3-5 years... But to give that fresh face such a boost so quickly would be a mistake to me. It would be similar to when Kurt took on Brock and Brock walked away shortly after. If the kid turns out to be someone that falls off in the coming decade, I'd rather not see him with a win over the "World's Strongest Man" but I have seen the E do stranger things. As to your point, I think it is more to sell Langston as an immediate threat whereas Ryback took month to build. By giving Langston that moniker, they are just trying to push his strength as his selling point.
    Well I didn't suggest that he faces Henry instantly. But I think it's well documented that Henry doesn't think he has long left in the business, so 3-5 years is perhaps too long to wait.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Well I didn't suggest that he faces Henry instantly. But I think it's well documented that Henry doesn't think he has long left in the business, so 3-5 years is perhaps too long to wait.

Agreed... Which is why the E shouldn't take people like Henry for granted and wait until the final 3-5 years of a career before showing their talent credit for the amount of blood sweat and tears they have put into the business. It's amazing to me when there are so many younger guys on a roster that people claim should have already won a belt 3 times, yet you have veterans who have put in the work to earn it, but they weren't given a legit shot until the candle was on the final inch of wick. As much as people bitch about WWE pushing the likes of Cena and others without allowing the youth to have their spot, there are many who deserve a final "dominant" run with a belt that have yet to have it... I would put Kane into this category, even though his reigns have been interesting.

Sure, Langston wasn't anywhere around 3-5 years ago so there was no one for Henry to give the torch; but the absence of a valid superstar at the right timing doesn't mean you give it to a superstar who isn't ready just yet, nor has proven himself a reliable commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post

Agreed... Which is why the E shouldn't take people like Henry for granted and wait until the final 3-5 years of a career before showing their talent credit for the amount of blood sweat and tears they have put into the business. It's amazing to me when there are so many younger guys on a roster that people claim should have already won a belt 3 times, yet you have veterans who have put in the work to earn it, but they weren't given a legit shot until the candle was on the final inch of wick. As much as people bitch about WWE pushing the likes of Cena and others without allowing the youth to have their spot, there are many who deserve a final "dominant" run with a belt that have yet to have it... I would put Kane into this category, even though his reigns have been interesting.

Sure, Langston wasn't anywhere around 3-5 years ago so there was no one for Henry to give the torch; but the absence of a valid superstar at the right timing doesn't mean you give it to a superstar who isn't ready just yet, nor has proven himself a reliable commodity.
    Kane, Henry, Christian all fall into this category. I'm doubtful that we'll see Henry or Kane get another title run. Christian has a few years left as long as his body holds up, but again... But both Kane and Henry proved with their latest WHC runs that they both should be mainstays in the world title hunt.

Absolutely. I have to say though, I think Henry might be bluffing when talking to the media about potentially "not returning at all" as he's been saying. I think he's just playing things up about when exactly he'll return. When he does (because I think he will eventually) I think he'll stick around for 2 years, maybe 3. That should be enough time to build Langston up and have Henry put him over on his way out.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Kane, Henry, Christian all fall into this category. I'm doubtful that we'll see Henry or Kane get another title run. Christian has a few years left as long as his body holds up, but again... But both Kane and Henry proved with their latest WHC runs that they both should be mainstays in the world title hunt.

Absolutely. I have to say though, I think Henry might be bluffing when talking to the media about potentially "not returning at all" as he's been saying. I think he's just playing things up about when exactly he'll return. When he does (because I think he will eventually) I think he'll stick around for 2 years, maybe 3. That should be enough time to build Langston up and have Henry put him over on his way out.
    If your theory holds true, then I could see Langston getting that rub and having it be something that would be acceptable in my opinion. Then again, the WWE cares nothing about my opinion of course, I would just hate to see another case in which a younger athlete gets a rub that they really haven't proven they deserved (I will say that Brock's talent in the ring was not my issue with him going over Kurt but that they made him out to be something that he had not proven to be just yet... The face of a brand.)

I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

I'd rather get hit by Cesaro's uppercut than Barrett's elbow personally!

Masochist

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....