View Poll Results: Should Matt Hardy have been a World Champion?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 21.05%
  • No

15 78.95%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy Mandias View Post
    With Matt I think it was a case of being close to being pushed to the main event level. He came close in his feud with Edge and Lita as a face, but I really thought he could have gone all the way as a heel after his WM25 feud with Jeff. WWE seemed lost with what to do with him after that finished and I was disappointed that they dropped the ball with such a terrific heel. He was moved to RAW after WM25 so my plan would have been to put him in a feud with Cena. He could have said that Cena is like Jeff; all the fanfare given to him even though it was Matt Hardy working so hard and receiving very little. It certainly would have been better than what we did see - Matt doing nothing and Cena feuding with Big Show for the twenty-millionth. But pushing him into a feud with Cena so he could go on to the main event would involve Cena looking weaker and we CAN'T possibly have had that could we? We can't possibly have Cena put someone over could we?

But the question asked SHOULD Matt Hardy have been World Champion... I'm sure with the proper booking he certainly COULD have but was he underrated or overlooked?

No.
    Matt Hardy sucked BAD as a heel man.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    THey could team him up with Evan Bourne...
    Is that meant to be ironic?As in because of their troubled past?
    I'd say they could make an ok team I guess.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

I was always a Team Extreme fan..However Jeff always was the best hands down for me..He was to awesome fr words
    However, I always seen Matt as a mid carder, the good guy, the underdog and the best tag team partner you could have..

Maybe, if he was pushed a little more, he would have been a World Champion

IWA Revolution Creative Team

IWA/WWE

IWA Vanities Champion: Juno Mercury!

2013: Women's Wrestler of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    2013: Vanity of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    #RaptureBitch

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post

Is that meant to be ironic?As in because of their troubled past?
    I'd say they could make an ok team I guess.
    Something like that.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    Something like that.
    How droll of you.

Black Ninja!
    How droll of you.
    indeed....

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Some people would think that Hardy was a decent heel during that time (mostly because of the emotional connection of the angle). Personally, the only chance I ever saw Matt having potential as a heel was the "Cold Blooded" gimmick he had in TNA for a while, but even I had my doubts that he could take that character to the extreme nature that would have been needed to get him over in the role; Jeff even managed to outshine him in that role too with his "Antichrist of Professional Wrestling" character at the time. My point is simply that one's poison is another's perfume.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Some people would think that Hardy was a decent heel during that time (mostly because of the emotional connection of the angle). Personally, the only chance I ever saw Matt having potential as a heel was the "Cold Blooded" gimmick he had in TNA for a while, but even I had my doubts that he could take that character to the extreme nature that would have been needed to get him over in the role; Jeff even managed to outshine him in that role too with his "Antichrist of Professional Wrestling" character at the time. My point is simply that one's poison is another's perfume.
    He's never been a good heel ever IMO. His days as 'Cold Blood' in TNA were horrible for me. Jeff's 'Antichrist' heel gimmick was great.

He's never been a good heel ever IMO. His days as 'Cold Blood' in TNA were horrible for me. Jeff's 'Antichrist' heel gimmick was great.
    I'm glad that I'm not the only one who liked Jeff's antichrist gimmick

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

I honestly think Matt would have been fine in the role had he not been outshined by Jeff. The problem he had was timing. Given the chance to succeed on his own, Matt has done well in making himself relevant (not the brightest shining star, but still showing in the night sky none the less) but when those moment in which he seemed close to breaking out of his midcard mold (Edge vs. Hardy, his Heel turn in TNA) he always seems to be outshined by Jeff to a point that anything he does is pointless. I think if Jeff had stayed face and Matt came in as a heel, the situation might have turned out different; then again, it was always destined to be fucked up because of the addictions they had. However, Matt might be the perfect setup for a heel character because he is largely hated by so many and deemed "stuck" in the role that he is that if he ever was to have a breakout moment, it would baffle those who type casted him into the "generic" role he fits. That is probably one of the main reasons why I still show Jeff respect is because he seemed to have that same "out of norm" moment when he had his Antichrist gimmick.

I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

DRG hates everyone

I'm going to go against the majority and say yes...Why not? really? Matt ALWAYS got great reactions as a face,ALWAYS ALWAYS,so with the right push and storylines he could have been at the top without a doubt,for those that say Jeff is the better wrestler,I severely disagree,When it comes to the actual wrestling style Matt uses,he's much better than Jeff. Without a doubt. And I actually liked both Heel turns...The WWE one cuz I'd waited forever,so it was brand new and refreshing,and the TNA just because,IDK at the moment I can't really explain why also the fact I barely remember it all doesn't help either...I liked the name Cold Blooded and the submission finisher he began using as well.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.