View Poll Results: Should Matt Hardy have been a World Champion?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 21.05%
  • No

15 78.95%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    I'm going to go against the majority and say yes...Why not? really? Matt ALWAYS got great reactions as a face,ALWAYS ALWAYS,so with the right push and storylines he could have been at the top without a doubt,for those that say Jeff is the better wrestler,I severely disagree,When it comes to the actual wrestling style Matt uses,he's much better than Jeff. Without a doubt. And I actually liked both Heel turns...The WWE one cuz I'd waited forever,so it was brand new and refreshing,and the TNA just because,IDK at the moment I can't really explain why also the fact I barely remember it all doesn't help either...I liked the name Cold Blooded and the submission finisher he began using as well.
    The Ice Pick... I thought the move fit the character he was going for. If he had more time, I would have liked to see just how that character would have turned out, but the same thought applies to Jeff's character at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

To be honest, if Jeff weren't there, you'd all be voting yes. I'm voting yes, he was a pure-bread champion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Piper View Post
    To be honest, if Jeff weren't there, you'd all be voting yes. I'm voting yes, he was a pure-bread champion.
    Umm. No? He simply was never championship material, with or without Jeff. And im only talking about his wrestling abilities here. Not mentioning the fact that he is clearly not right in the head and lives in his own little world.
    Wrestling lost the spectacle factor.

Absolutely NOT. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching Matt Hardy in the run he had with the WWE especially when he was with his brother Jeff. Hardy's were one of the most exciting tag teams to watch back in the day. But he's doesn't have the caliber to hold a world title and carry it well. He's not like Jeff as far as charisma goes and he was very stale on the mic to me. Not taking away anything from his actual wrestling skills because he has some good skills in the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Karsten Langenfeld View Post
    Umm. No? He simply was never championship material, with or without Jeff. And im only talking about his wrestling abilities here. Not mentioning the fact that he is clearly not right in the head and lives in his own little world.
    If this is the case, I can make an argument for MANY people who should not have held the WWE title based off this logic. Wrestling abilities are part of the formula for success and honestly, Matt had more skills than some of the other "Major" names to have held the belt. What held him back the most was his lack of personality outside of his character once Lita left. The closest he came was when he and MVP were having their "Top this" battle.

I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    If this is the case, I can make an argument for MANY people who should not have held the WWE title based off this logic. Wrestling abilities are part of the formula for success and honestly, Matt had more skills than some of the other "Major" names to have held the belt. What held him back the most was his lack of personality outside of his character once Lita left. The closest he came was when he and MVP were having their "Top this" battle.
    He got a huge reaction when he returned at WM and cost MVP the chance of winning the MITB

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Blog Entries
    I am one of those who believe he should've kept the momentum going in 2009 after beating his brother at WrestleMania, then after losing to him in the "I Quit" match at Back Lash, Matt should've gone into some sort of state where he gained some sort of respect for his brother again, especially with the thought of his brother leaving and he should carry on the HArdy name in WWE. He should've challenged CM Punk for the title shortly after Jeff left, and face Punk fr a couple times on SmackDown! Then even winning Money in the Bank at WrestleMania 2010 and beating Chris Jericho for the title like Jack Swagger did. Matt Hardy does lack a little bit of skill in the ring, but his run in 2004 & 5 made me forget about Jeff Hardy, even in 2003, I lot sight of Jeff Hardy, he just wasn't being used right after his 2002 ladder match with Taker. Jeff needed to leave, because Matt HArdy needed to grow and grow he did without Jeff

Now, maybe what I said about himm winning the MITB and beating Jericho for it, doesn't sound the best because it seems Matt wouldn't have held any World title rivalry up for all he's worth, but my point is, that Matt would look cool with the World Heavyweight Championship on his shoulder.
    Follow the Buzzards