View Poll Results: Should Matt Hardy have been a World Champion?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 21.05%
  • No

15 78.95%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should Matt Hardy have been a World Champion.

I have been watching a few Matt Hardy matches and also rewatched most of his rivalry with Edge, and with Jeff Hardy. And I wonder why he has never won a World Title. (Not counting ECW at the moment) not in WWE and not in TNA. I feel Matt Hardy was always over with the audience as a face and as a heel, and he has shown he could put on great matches and show intensity in his promos and rivalries. He even made a great cruiser-weight champion, (Version 1 was a great gimmick) and I feel he should have won a World Heavyweight title, when he entered the Money in the Bank I felt he should have at won it and cashed it in. I mean if Matt Hardy had cashed it in back in 09 when Jeff was champion they could have had a great feud and main-evented Wrestlemania. Since Randy Orton Vs Triple H was a pretty lame main-event. But I digress.

So in short, should Matt Hardy have been a WWE or World Heavyweight Champion.

Unfortunately Matt was always and will always be in the shadow of his younger brother.That's because Jeff is a better wrestler and more charismatic.But i do think Matt was and still is worthy enough to have a world title reign.Especially his feud vs Edge, like you said, was very enjoyable and could have easily be a feud for the world title.

What Arsenal fans think about RVP moving to UTD:
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    There is a difference between playing shit and being shit. You said I think RVP is shit, where I'm saying he'll play shit... His ability will still be there but it just won't have a bug effect on UTD.
    Oh akbar....

Black Ninja!
    No. His role in the midcard was more important than trying to push him as a world champ.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

I loved Matt Hardy Version1 and him having a MF'r (Matt Follower), but as hot as he was - WWE or World Champion seems a bit too much for him.

Blog Entries
    I'll be honest, there was one period when Matt Hardy was incredibly over. Remember when he came back for that feud with Lita/Edge? The pop he was getting from the crowd back during that time was pretty big. For me, that time is the only time he's been close to main event level, and that's the only time he should have been considered for a main event push.

If he was to come back, he'd be back where he was before he left. Mid card, with IC or US title as his best chance of gold.
    I wouldn't mind seeing him come back to be in the tag team division though. Be that with jeff or to pair with someone else.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I'll be honest, there was one period when Matt Hardy was incredibly over. Remember when he came back for that feud with Lita/Edge? The pop he was getting from the crowd back during that time was pretty big. For me, that time is the only time he's been close to main event level, and that's the only time he should have been considered for a main event push.

If he was to come back, he'd be back where he was before he left. Mid card, with IC or US title as his best chance of gold.
    I wouldn't mind seeing him come back to be in the tag team division though. Be that with jeff or to pair with someone else.
    THey could team him up with Evan Bourne...

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Fresh Member
    Blog Entries
    With Matt I think it was a case of being close to being pushed to the main event level. He came close in his feud with Edge and Lita as a face, but I really thought he could have gone all the way as a heel after his WM25 feud with Jeff. WWE seemed lost with what to do with him after that finished and I was disappointed that they dropped the ball with such a terrific heel. He was moved to RAW after WM25 so my plan would have been to put him in a feud with Cena. He could have said that Cena is like Jeff; all the fanfare given to him even though it was Matt Hardy working so hard and receiving very little. It certainly would have been better than what we did see - Matt doing nothing and Cena feuding with Big Show for the twenty-millionth. But pushing him into a feud with Cena so he could go on to the main event would involve Cena looking weaker and we CAN'T possibly have had that could we? We can't possibly have Cena put someone over could we?

But the question asked SHOULD Matt Hardy have been World Champion... I'm sure with the proper booking he certainly COULD have but was he underrated or overlooked?

No.

World champion? You mean...in wrestling? Why should he? I could probably name 20 wrestlers out of the blue that would have deserved it more and never got it, and i wouldnt even have to think hard. In WWE he never was more than midcard material.
    Wrestling lost the spectacle factor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karsten Langenfeld View Post
    World champion? You mean...in wrestling? Why should he? I could probably name 20 wrestlers out of the blue that would have deserved it more and never got it, and i wouldnt even have to think hard. In WWE he never was more than midcard material.
    My thoughts exactly.

Blog Entries
    Not even remotely top shelf stuff.