Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    I didn't like it- but that was the whole point of this segment. As long as King approved it, I'm okay with it.

Blog Entries
    Totally spot on, the only real Attitude Era marks left are the ones that were either very young at the time or not there at all. It's very easy to call something classic in retrospect, when you get to edit out all the boring flawed bits from your memory. Sure as hell noone fondly recalls countless Savio Vega matches each week on Raw. Or the "great" matches featuring The Oddities. Or Marc Mero interviews. But they were all there and more - by the truckload.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    this is my thoughts as well.... I assume many of the people who hated this angle love the attitude era, which did angles similar to this more often.
    The Attitude Era is the most overrated 4 years in WWE history. It is the professional wrestling equivalent of The Jerry Springer Show.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 12-26-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    The Attitude Era is the most overrated 4 years in WWE history. It is the professional wrestling equivalent of The Jerry Springer Show.
    I agree the attitude era was overrated... but come on here sometime when there is an entire thread dedicated to how much better the attitude era is than what "this crap" today is. But anytime the wwe does any angle like this, you can also come on here and see how people hate these angles... At that point, how is it possible for the wwe to win?
    #TeamGeeky

The angle's intent worked to perfection in getting most everyone to boo Punk and Heyman, so in that respect it was a resounding success.

That being said, it was in extremely bad taste and ruined Lawlers heartfelt return and the WWE should have been a lot more sensitive to the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I agree the attitude era was overrated... but come on here sometime when there is an entire thread dedicated to how much better the attitude era is than what "this crap" today is. But anytime the wwe does any angle like this, you can also come on here and see how people hate these angles... At that point, how is it possible for the wwe to win?
    Wrestling-wise, the Attitude Era was better than what we have now. Hell, EVERY other era was better matches than what we have now. The talent was better than what we have now too, and everyone was given something to do instead of just half the roster sitting in the back.

Storyline-wise, however, Attitude-Era WWE produced just as much forgettable shit-infested garbage as Russo-Era WCW. What seperated the two (and why WWE won the war) was that WWE had quality booking and matches to make up for it's flaws. WCW didn't.

I think when people speak of wanting the Attitude Era back, they mean certain parts of it, but definately not the whole thing.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 12-26-2012 at 03:32 PM.

I thought it was bad character, but it didn't bother me at all... they are putting on a show, similar to a soap on TV and now some reality TV shows even being scripted. I liked Jerry's speech before hand and that was still valid, but that was just CM Punk and Heyman trying to get Heat. It's working if we are talking about it now... controversy creates cash.