View Poll Results: What's YOUR Magic Number?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • It should go back to 20.

1 1.96%
  • Keep it at 30.

30 58.82%
  • Increasing the number to 40 is the best option.

19 37.25%
  • I have my own preference.

1 1.96%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

20 vs. 30 vs. 40.

With the Royal Rumble coming up pretty soon, the first stop on the Road to Wrestlemania begins with the Royal Rumble PPV with the main event being, of course, the Royal Rumble match, a match that guarantees a the winner a main event match at Wretlemania for the world championship of their choice. Over the last two decades, the Royal Rumble match has stacked up plenty of heart stopping moments, surprising upsets, crushed hopes and classic moments than arguably any wrestling match of all time.

For the first time, in 2011, the RR was innovated when an extra ten spots was added to the mix and the 40 man Royal Rumble match took place. So far, it is the only time where a Royal Rumble has featured 40 men instead of the classic and traditional 30 but even having 30 entrants in the Rumble was a huge innovation. On the inaugural Rumble, 20 superstars were entered into the fray but that didn't last long as with ever Rumble since, except in '11, the match has featured 30 superstars.

If you haven't already guessed by now, with this thread, I want to get people's thoughts on how many people that they think should always be included in the Rumble. Were you a fan of Duggan's victory when there were only 20 competitors? Are you content with 30 being the Rumble standard? Did you appreciate the 40 man Rumble that was held in '11?

Post your opinions here and vote for what number you prefer. It's as simple as that.

I'd say increase it to 40 man. That way the superstars who aren't shown frequently on weekly shows, get to have at least a spot on a ppv. With this I mean guys like Hunico, Yoshi, Batista 2.0, etc...

40. Yep. I enjoyed it and put someone like Cody Rhodes, or even The Miz at 1 and have him make it to the final 4 or 5. It would be cool if we get 40 superstars, and the first two make it to the very end. Kind of like Bulldog, and Shawn Michaels.

As many as it needs to be before things start getting watered down and stupid. If you're going to have 40 slots, don't get 35 solid pieces of talent and fill 5 with stupidness like Mick Foley or Hornswoggle or junk like that just to fill the rest of the space... just go back to 30 in that case. If they have 40 solid people to put into the Rumble, then 40. If they can't fill 40, then don't try and just do 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    As many as it needs to be before things start getting watered down and stupid. If you're going to have 40 slots, don't get 35 solid pieces of talent and fill 5 with stupidness like Mick Foley or Hornswoggle or junk like that just to fill the rest of the space... just go back to 30 in that case. If they have 40 solid people to put into the Rumble, then 40. If they can't fill 40, then don't try and just do 30.
    40 can be used to bring in past WWE talent as well. Like along with Tommy Dreamer, The Boogeyman, maybe throw in guys like MVP and Shelton Benjamin (If there not being used right now) but I think 40 could work. But yea I agree keep Hornswoggle out.

Blog Entries
    they're obliged to put fill in some spaces with former stars and vets, so increasing it to 40 on a regular basis allows 10 extra spots for guys who might be pushed out of a 30 man Rumble by those one off guys.
    So I say increase it.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    they're obliged to put fill in some spaces with former stars and vets, so increasing it to 40 on a regular basis allows 10 extra spots for guys who might be pushed out of a 30 man Rumble by those one off guys.
    So I say increase it.
    I agree with this. wwe's trademark is to put some legends in the rumble... it gets a pop. Older people want to see their child hood idols one more time.
    #TeamGeeky

Fuck the Bullshit... 90 man, 3 ring mayhem!!! World War 3 baby - Put the WCW Brainchild into a WWE format and let them fuckers go to town!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Fuck the Bullshit... 90 man, 3 ring mayhem!!! World War 3 baby - Put the WCW Brainchild into a WWE format and let them fuckers go to town!!!
    I see what you did there, but it's only funny when Robstar does it. Sorry man
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    You know I loved World War 3 But I don't think WWE has that many wrestlers if they do I would be done for the 3 ring 30 man battle royal.