Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    By this logic, you should never check out what an actor did before their "breakthrough" role either. Don't bother watching them in less than successful or spectacular movies - hold out until they are in a blockbuster.

    Never pay attention to a driver until they win a race that matters. Don't support a team that's never won a championship. Never vote for anyone who's never previously held office. Don't go out with a girl you've never gone out with before. Never try new foods.

    In short, don't take any chances, don't attempt to live outside the box, don't give yourself the chance to be surprised by anything, just stick to the status quo. Don't risk anything.
    Oh yeah, and this. :3


  2. #12
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,687
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    By this logic, you should never check out what an actor did before their "breakthrough" role either. Don't bother watching them in less than successful or spectacular movies - hold out until they are in a blockbuster.

    Never pay attention to a driver until they win a race that matters. Don't support a team that's never won a championship. Never vote for anyone who's never previously held office. Don't go out with a girl you've never gone out with before. Never try new foods.

    In short, don't take any chances, don't attempt to live outside the box, don't give yourself the chance to be surprised by anything, just stick to the status quo. Don't risk anything.
    There are some people who can't function like that. This was sort of a warning for those who simply can't take disappointment and expect everything to go their way. This wasn't really aimed at the entire wrestling community, mind you.


  3. #13
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,385
    Blog Entries
    6
    It's a sad sign of what so many wrestling fans are like that the OP actually does apply to many, many fans. It's a very nihilistic approach to the wrestling world. But ignorance just breeds more ignorance. Encouraging others that it's OK to be narrow minded.....I'm not so sure.

  4. #14
    I don't watch WWE developmental. If I follow a wrestler from their "beginnings" it's usually if they were involved in ROH, DGUSA, CZW, TNA, and sometimes AAA. As for your point about not watching it, I don't see it that way. It's like when Daniel Bryan debuted with NXT and started losing every match I didn't flip a shit because I knew it was part of something better which ended up being that. I let everything play out before hand before I judge.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!


  5. #15
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,687
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    It's a sad sign of what so many wrestling fans are like that the OP actually does apply to many, many fans. It's a very nihilistic approach to the wrestling world. But ignorance just breeds more ignorance. Encouraging others that it's OK to be narrow minded.....I'm not so sure.
    Ignorance is bliss. The less open minded I am about the development wrestlers, the less I expect them to be instant stars. Everyone gets a clean slate ad a fair chance. I don't have indy darlings. I have WWE/TNA darlings. I'll be the first to admit, this walk of life ain't suitable for everyone and despite all of the points I've presented, there are still some people out there that are still willing to give it a try.


  6. #16
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Batmania
    Posts
    24,385
    Blog Entries
    6
    I don't watch the indy promotions, because quite frankly, I don't deem them worth my time. That sounds harsh but what I mean is that I don't have time in my life to waste on a myriad of promotions, so I have to be choosy. But I'm aware of these people and promotions in the peripherals of my mind. I know they exist, that they're there. If they come into my field of vision, fine, that's great - but I'm not going to deny their existence and I'm not NOT going to look into who they were if they come to prominence. I'm not going to be THAT ignorant.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    Ignorance is bliss. The less open minded I am about the development wrestlers, the less I expect them to be instant stars. Everyone gets a clean slate ad a fair chance. I don't have indy darlings. I have WWE/TNA darlings. I'll be the first to admit, this walk of life ain't suitable for everyone and despite all of the points I've presented, there are still some people out there that are still willing to give it a try.
    No matter what they will get a free slate. Just different times in their career. You still doing what everyone else is doing just not right along with everyone. *shrugs*


  8. #18
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,687
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I don't watch the indy promotions, because quite frankly, I don't deem them worth my time. That sounds harsh but what I mean is that I don't have time in my life to waste on a myriad of promotions, so I have to be choosy. But I'm aware of these people and promotions in the peripherals of my mind. I know they exist, that they're there. If they come into my field of vision, fine, that's great - but I'm not going to deny their existence and I'm not NOT going to look into who they were if they come to prominence. I'm not going to be THAT ignorant.
    I'll meet you half way there. The most I know about any of the NXT rookies are their names. I know they exist and I know that the may have something to bring to the table but that's where it ends for me. I don't want to take that risk especially in a time where building the future is a pivotal aspect of the WWE right now. I want to be taken by surprise, even if that means someone is thrown under the bus but if that happens, at least I won't be mourning their loss like a forlorn parent grieving over the death of their own offspring, taken away from this cruel, cruel world way too soon.


  9. #19
    Black Ninja! Cabers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    5,255
    I watch NXT because i enjoy it and don't plan on changing it but it was an interesting read all the same. I do however wait to see what they do when they are called up.

  10. #20
    Black Ninja! K2Jelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Crying My Eyes Out About Everything
    Posts
    16,687
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    I watch NXT because i enjoy it and don't plan on changing it but it was an interesting read all the same. I do however wait to see what they do when they are called up.
    It's good to know you're one of the good ones. I envy your impartiality.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.