Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Why AJ lee and Big E Langston are bad for Ziggler

I had a thought while watching smackdown yesterday.(if you haven't watched smackdown don't read any more of this thread if you don't want something spoiled for you) My thought was aj lee and langston are terrible for ziggler. Ziggler is a great seller and recently has been coming off as a strong contender for a title. His match against cena at tlc was awesome, I almost considered giving it match of the night if aj and vickie would of stayed out of it. But instead they can't let superman lose cleanly (I am a fan of cena but come on, ziggler needs to get over and a clean win might of done that.) As many of us predicted by zigglers shirt which states he steals gf's, ziggler is now stuck with the "geek goddess" and she now interferes with his matches and puts him against the reining gm vickie... While I like the chance for vickie to maybe turn face and maybe we can see something cool be done there... it's terrible for ziggler IMO. Now ziggler will get help from a guy who seems dominate when ziggler is about to lose by himself. instead of having ziggler lose cleanly now we are going to realize ziggler can't win by himself so he is getting cena attacked. Why not just push ziggler elsewhere away from superman so he can get clean wins to legitimize himself he is going to either lose by dq or get a cheap win via outside help? I get that he's a heel but he isn't quite over yet. Heels like edge got away with cheating because everyone knew he could win with out cheating he just wanted it to be easier... I might just be missing something? what do you guys think?
    #BeJelly

I have to respectfully disagree with you. I think giving Ziggler a stable just shows how much the WWE is actually behind him. Having a stable shows strong of a leader Ziggler is and like I said in another thread almost every great superstar has had a stable behind him. I think putting Ziggler as a leader of stable is great idea.

I also like it for another reason. It gets him completely away from Vickie Guerrero and finally gets rid of his mouth piece. I don't see AJ speaking for Ziggler as shown on Smackdown!. AJ will talk about her current feuds and for Big E. Langston, while Ziggler will focus on himself and sometimes defend AJ.

As for looking weak point, I don't think giving someone a bodyguard/enforcer doesn't exactly make a person look weak. HBK had Diesel and HHH. HHH had Batista. Edge had La Familla. The Rock had Mark Henry and the Nation. The Undertaker even had Viscera. I mean these guys all had back ups, but it didn't make them look weak. I think adding an enforcer just allows the face they are facing to not lose momentum and also allows them to prolong the feud.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Blog Entries
    I actually used edge as someone to prove my point as well. The reason it worked for those guys is because they were already over. by the time batista was even around HHH was a multiple time heavyweight champion. Edge was in the wwe for a decade and had multiple title reigns. The rock was super over, and needless to say hbk was over. The people who love ziggler are the smarks, and as sad as this is to say we are not the majority. Ziggler is not over, he is getting close but I wouldn't say he is nearly as over as someone like hbk, edge, hhh, or the rock. Stables can make you look strong you are correct but he isn't the clear leader. He moved from one mouth piece to another but this time it doesn't make sense because ziggler is a better promo cutter than A.J. where as vickie is much better at drawing heat than ziggler.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I actually used edge as someone to prove my point as well. The reason it worked for those guys is because they were already over. by the time batista was even around HHH was a multiple time heavyweight champion. Edge was in the wwe for a decade and had multiple title reigns. The rock was super over, and needless to say hbk was over. The people who love ziggler are the smarks, and as sad as this is to say we are not the majority. Ziggler is not over, he is getting close but I wouldn't say he is nearly as over as someone like hbk, edge, hhh, or the rock. Stables can make you look strong you are correct but he isn't the clear leader. He moved from one mouth piece to another but this time it doesn't make sense because ziggler is a better promo cutter than A.J. where as vickie is much better at drawing heat than ziggler.
    Ziggler has also proven already that he can win clean with his impressive list of accolades already. He is a former World Heavyweight Champion, former United States Champion, former Intercontinental Champion, and is a current Money in the Bank briefcase holder. I still believe that Dolph Ziggler having a bodyguard is a good thing and like I said earlier I don't see AJ as a mouth piece for Ziggler, but more of his girlfriend. Sort of like with Edge and Lita.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    Ziggler has also proven already that he can win clean with his impressive list of accolades already. He is a former World Heavyweight Champion, former United States Champion, former Intercontinental Champion, and is a current Money in the Bank briefcase holder. I still believe that Dolph Ziggler having a bodyguard is a good thing and like I said earlier I don't see AJ as a mouth piece for Ziggler, but more of his girlfriend. Sort of like with Edge and Lita.
    I wouldn't of minded an edge and lita scenario. I wouldn't really say that was a very impressive whc reign. Look at someone like cm punk... he didn't get really over until he dropped a stable... and beat cena cleanly to leave with the wwe title. Punk and Ziggler are closer together as far as superstars being over at the time they were in stables... than lets say edge and ziggler, edge got the highest ratings on raw as champion since the attitude era... he was pretty over.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    That's exactly the problem, Ziggler has been with Vickie for 2 years and now after he's moving on they pair him AJ, he needs to go solo and show his capacities in the alone, if not it will show he can only shine with someone around him

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    That will take years. But Ziggler does get heat when it's not a mark filled crowd lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree with you. I think giving Ziggler a stable just shows how much the WWE is actually behind him. Having a stable shows strong of a leader Ziggler is and like I said in another thread almost every great superstar has had a stable behind him. I think putting Ziggler as a leader of stable is great idea.

I also like it for another reason. It gets him completely away from Vickie Guerrero and finally gets rid of his mouth piece. I don't see AJ speaking for Ziggler as shown on Smackdown!. AJ will talk about her current feuds and for Big E. Langston, while Ziggler will focus on himself and sometimes defend AJ.

As for looking weak point, I don't think giving someone a bodyguard/enforcer doesn't exactly make a person look weak. HBK had Diesel and HHH. HHH had Batista. Edge had La Familla. The Rock had Mark Henry and the Nation. The Undertaker even had Viscera. I mean these guys all had back ups, but it didn't make them look weak. I think adding an enforcer just allows the face they are facing to not lose momentum and also allows them to prolong the feud.
    ^^^^ This in a nutshell