Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Punk Vs. Taker Streak vs Reign

So if Punk retains at the Rumble I see Rock and Cena getting a rematch at Mania and Punk taking on Taker.

We get the Streak vs the Title Reign. I think this is a good build up as it adds something to the Taker match that they always like to add. I know it has been said before but I really think it is a big possibility.

So either Punk wins and Taker puts him over big time as the man of the company or the most likely scenario they go the limit and Taker wins. He either takes the break with the belt and they bring in the new belt which has been rumored for years, obviously that could just be a rumor but whatever. Or he retires with the belt and they do the same. Lets face it he doesn't have too many left in him. Even though being this close to WM 30 he might want to make that the WM he retires at.

With a Taker win it gives Punk a break and time off to heal up after his 400 some odd day run and really after this point who else could realistically beat him and make it be a good ending to the longest reign in the last 25 years.

personally i rather see brock vs taker and cm punk vs hhh in hiac or last man stnading match

Blog Entries
    Each year has to be treated as the potential last for Undertaker. Whether it turns out to be or not, the match they give him at WM has to be a corker. Whatever happens, UT needs to turn up soon to provide enough build up, since it's unlikely he'll work many matches (if any) before WM.

Yeah.. That's pretty much how I view it right now. Every year I become more comfortable with The Undertaker retiring.
    Hey.. I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know.

#TeamDevs

That's why I feel it needs to be the Streak vs. the Reign. Every year they have to make it seem like it is Takers last match and it possibly could be. And every year you need to have some doubt that he really might lose. They have done a pretty good job on that aspect the last few years I think.

I could see the Brock vs Undertaker match too since the little encounter a couple years back at a UFC event but I don't really see what that does for either guy. Other than it would allow for more of a brawl than a wrestling match which might be needed for Taker at this moment.

Either way I hope he shows up at Raw within the next couple of weeks or at the Rumble. Maybe even just a couple of Gongs here and there to tease the return.

Or Rock wins the title and Undertaker shows up and chokeslams him. Setting up streak vs title?

If Punk beats The Rock at the Royal Rumble, then this is definately what's going to happen. Nothing against The Rock, but I would rather see the WWE Championship in the hands of a semi-retired guy that would at least show up on TV every week.

Let me just ask this as no one seems to be considering it. Undertaker works a seriously limited schedule its entirely likely after wrestlemania we wont see him until around the royal rumble if he comes back at all. What would be teh point of putting him in a title match?
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    Let me just ask this as no one seems to be considering it. Undertaker works a seriously limited schedule its entirely likely after wrestlemania we wont see him until around the royal rumble if he comes back at all. What would be teh point of putting him in a title match?
    Maybe Punk will....end the streak?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Newport View Post
    Maybe Punk will....end the streak?
    Oh, I'm actually in pain from how much that made me laugh. Look I know punk is popular, I know their building him as the main heel of the company but he is not, nor will he ever be and I will stand by this statement until I am proven wrong, anywhere near Undertaker's level. If they actually have him end the streak, if they end the streak at all,, it will be a sad sad day in wrestling history.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same