Thread: The Ascension

Blog Entries

The Ascension

What's next for Conor O'Brian? I was gutted to hear about Kenneth Cameron's release as i saw real potential in the Ascension. So what do you guys think will happen now?

It was noticable that, while removing Cameron, they have kept O'Brian's Ascension style segment in the NXT intro, so will they have him continue the gimmick on his own? Could he go onto induct new members into the Ascension?

I really hope they keep the Ascension going but i'm not sure how i would go about it. Do you guys think he could pull it off on his own? Or would you put him with somebody else and if so who? Maybe Leo Kruger as he already has a sadistic style gimmick?

I just hope they give him a new name cause Conor O'Brian is pretty plain.

Let me know what you guys think.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KingWade View Post
    What's next for Conor O'Brian? I was gutted to hear about Kenneth Cameron's release as i saw real potential in the Ascension. So what do you guys think will happen now?

It was noticable that, while removing Cameron, they have kept O'Brian's Ascension style segment in the NXT intro, so will they have him continue the gimmick on his own? Could he go onto induct new members into the Ascension?

I really hope they keep the Ascension going but i'm not sure how i would go about it. Do you guys think he could pull it off on his own? Or would you put him with somebody else and if so who? Maybe Leo Kruger as he already has a sadistic style gimmick?

I just hope they give him a new name cause Conor O'Brian is pretty plain.

Let me know what you guys think.
    I hope they simply give him a new partner.

But as for your claim that Connor O'Brian is a 'plain name', well so is Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan etc, but it hasn't stopped them.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Blog Entries
    I'm a bit conflicted about this. I kinda liked the Ascencion, but also think it's a bit corny.

I would'nt like to see them throw Kruger in that mix. He's doing well on his own, no need to mess that up because Cameron can't hold his liquor.
    Chris Jericho: 'Without a storyline, wrestling is just two guys in their underwear rolling around half naked.'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I hope they simply give him a new partner.

But as for your claim that Connor O'Brian is a 'plain name', well so is Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan etc, but it hasn't stopped them.
    Yeah i appreciate that the name isn't the most important thing but i feel with a supernatural/vampire type gimmick, a name like that doesn't really fit. Take Kane/Gangrel/Viscera for example. I know we're in a different era but i feel like a name like that would work better with him.

I really wanted them to come up to WWE, I loved everything but now with just one he has to find somebody cause alone it's just weird

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

My choice based off look alone for his next partner is Judas Devlin although i haven't seen him wrestle so i doubt it will happen.

Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    judas messiah should replace kenneth cameron
    he looks like the dark type of guy to fill in that role.