Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Alberto Del Rio's face turn = desperation

Seriously, WWE management just dosen't know when to call a flop a flop, do they?

After 2 full years of shoving him down out our throat, giving him two WWE Championship reigns, a victory at the Royal Rumble, winning Money in the Bank, and making him the #1 contender for the World Heavyweight Championship countless times over the course of 2012...Alberto Del Rio still couldn't get over as a heel.

So what do they do? Turn him into a babyface at the most random of times and hope that hanging with a babyface Miz and hometown favorites like Tommy Dreamer and The Brooklyn Brawler will get him over as a good guy. And not surprisingly, between himself, Miz, Ricardo, the hometown favorite, and whoever their opponents are, he's STILL the most unover person in the match.

Perhaps it's because Vince McMahon and Triple H don't like to admit failure, particuarly when it comes to a pet project like Del Rio (who, back in 2011, was dubbed the next top heel of the company), but it's time to face facts - nobody gives a damn about ADR.

As forced as his heel run was, I think this face run is going to be even worse. The Mexican JBL? More like the Mexican Jeff Jarrett. And that comparison is almost an insult to Double J.

I'm going to enjoy watching this trainwreck of a face turn play out over the course of 2013, and watch it be no more successful as when he was a heel.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 12-18-2012 at 04:00 AM.

Blog Entries
    You can't really fault them for wanting to try salvage the hundreds of thousands of dollars (and more) they've wasted on him so far. Better business sense than just cutting him loose without trying, like they did with Kaval

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    You can't really fault them for wanting to try salvage the hundreds of thousands of dollars (and more) they've wasted on him so far. Better business sense than just cutting him loose without trying, like they did with Kaval
    WWE deserves to be at fault. Del Rio got crickets the moment he debuted, but in all their EPIC stupidity, they still rewarded him with nearly every major accolade there is to achieve during his first year in the company.

The definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Del Rio being forced down our throats is like the Energizer Bunny. It keeps going and going.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 12-18-2012 at 04:29 AM.

Blog Entries
    Are you forgetting he might have something called a contract? That WWE may very well be contractually obligated to see his contract through? That it would cost them far less in the long run to shove him down our throats than by showing him the door? Oh wait, you want WWE to do what YOU want them to do, because you don't like it, right? Good luck with that! Since the WWE is obviously so concerned with the whims of fans, aren't they? They have kept giving us Sin Cara too and he's just as bad. While keeping down great potential stars like Trent Baretta, Tyler Reks, Hunico or Yoshi Tatsu, it's so clear to me now that if only they released ADR, things would be A-OK! WWE don't hire and fire because of what the fans want - and you know that. WWE wouldnt be any better - or any worse - without ADR in the picture. Besides, someone needs to bore the house down with Randy Orton at house shows for the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Are you forgetting he might have something called a contract? That WWE may very well be contractually obligated to see his contract through? That it would cost them far less in the long run to shove him down our throats than by showing him the door? Oh wait, you want WWE to do what YOU want them to do, because you don't like it, right? Good luck with that! Since the WWE is obviously so concerned with the whims of fans, aren't they? They have kept giving us Sin Cara too and he's just as bad. While keeping down great potential stars like Trent Baretta, Tyler Reks, Hunico or Yoshi Tatsu, it's so clear to me now that if only they released ADR, things would be A-OK! WWE don't hire and fire because of what the fans want - and you know that. WWE wouldnt be any better - or any worse - without ADR in the picture. Besides, someone needs to bore the house down with Randy Orton at house shows for the next year.
    Having a contract is one thing. Getting an undeserving push while under that contract, and being forced down our throats until he gets over is another.

I never said WWE should future endeavor ADR. But the push he continues to recieve, and the lengths WWE goes to try to make him a legit top star is ridiculous.

And you're right, WWE won't be any better or worse without him...but mother of god, the World Heavyweight title picture this past year certainly would've been.
    Last edited by Jack Newport; 12-18-2012 at 05:10 AM.

I think ADR is very good in the ring. Maybe the face turn will buff out for him since he never got over as a heel. I mean really he was such an unconvincing heel, maybe he is just a face thats been waiting to be found. OPTIMISM PEOPLE!!!

Black Ninja!
    Why throw away two years of investment, when you can try different ways of getting the most out of your investment. Exploring other options is a good thing and ADR might turn out to be a better cash cow as a face than John Cena is.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

I like ADR. He's good in the ring he can cut a promo and he gets heat. Half the IWC spend their entire week bitching about the guy, how much more over do you want him? He's a heel we hate. Not love to hate, not are in thrall of his mastery on the mic or shoot style promos, just hate. Job done.
    It's easy to label ADR are shit and forget that all the boring stuff about his destiny would have been written for him. Now, with his slow face turn (possibly), we'll see him evolve into something more. People forget he was basically The Rock in Mexico and given a chance to run as a face for a bit he might cement himself as a great face.
    Albert The River gets far too much hate from the same people who champion guys like Zack Ryder despite the fact ADR is a much better wrestler. Methinks some people just want to bitch regardless.

Divas to believe in.

A lot of good arguments on him. But my take is he is good in ring which is all you need in Mexico and Japan, but he just doesn't have a personality to get over which is essential in WWE.

Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    I told u all he was boring and on top of that i got shit on for insulting him.