View Poll Results: What's Your Opinion On The Dynamics I Showcased?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I liked the match but for different reasons.

0 0%
  • I recognize the dynamics but thought they killed it.

1 7.14%
  • I agree with K2J.

11 78.57%
  • The match sucked dynamic or not.

1 7.14%
  • Get your head out of your ass, Jelly.

1 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

New Dynamics to TLC Matches

To kick things off, I'd just like to say that TLC 2012 was amazing. From start to finish, it didn't fail to entertain me,. But of course, every PPV has that one match that gets everyone talking and if you haven't been paying attention to way everyone's been talking or if you didn't take the hint from the title of this thread, you'll know that the match I'm referring to was The Shield vs. Ryback and Team Hell No.

What can I say? I absolutely loved that match. It had me fully invested from start to finish and I don't think I've ever marked out as hard as I've ever done this time entire year. Now, before I go any further, i'd just like to point things out to the cynical readers who're going to chew me out on this UNLESS I explain myself.

No. No. No. Just because the match featured three indy-darling doesn't mean I gave the match more credit than it deserved. You couldn't be farther from the truth. See, I'm one of those people who believe that it doesn't matter what background a wrestler has as long as they're able to deliver on the main roster so I don't even watch them in the development brands.

Anyways, now that that's out of the way, I'm going to move on. In my opinion, there were a lot of reasons why this match was awesome. Everyone looked strong, everyone had an important role to play, The Shield worked as a real unit, there were plenty of hardcore spots and you really couldn't tell who was going to win. It kept me on the edge of my seats. However, there was one reason that I believe set this match apart from all the other TLC matches we've had before; unlike the past TLC matches, this was the first one to feature a pinfall/submission stipulation. That helped the match ALOT for a couple of reasons.

1. It kept the pace going.

We didn't have to wait for someone to waste a minute or so climbing a ladder and trade punches with the opponent on the ladder which would have taken out some of the excitement because from start to finish, that match was fast paced and having that exchange three or more times, which is a staple in almost every ladder or TLC match, would have slowed things down.

2. Again, it kept me guessing.

Once the other teams are all sprawled across the arena over broken table bits, you know the team that's one the ladder is going to win. That's not necessarily bad or anything but I like a match that's a very close call, one that you could have seen carried on longer had the winning team not been scripted to win in that moment. For instance, when Ryback was running back to the ring after Reigns had powerbombed Bryan off the turnbuckle, it looked like Ryback could have saved the match and kept things going which built up the anticipation of that moment. Will Ryback make it time? With Kane incapacitated, can our heroes prevail against this dominant threat? With a normal TLC match, it 's just like "Oh. They're gonna win. Well, that was fun."

3. No obvious ladder/table set-up spots.

One thing that kinda annoys me about these type of matches is that once a table is set in the ring and someone climbs a ladder, you know that they're going through it. Like last night, a table's brought into the match with Cena v. Ziggler and at that moment, I knew that it was going to be used right away and sure enough, it did. It's not to say that I don't enjoy it when it happens but when it happens from a mile away, it takes away some of the adrenaline rush when you can literally look into the future and know how it's going to be used.

Now, I'd just like to elaborate on this point before anyone gets confused. When I'm talking about obvious spots, I mean things that you know are going to happen in the next minute or so, not things that people are going to set up right away and not get cut off. For example, there were plenty of spots in the TLC match that you knew were going to happen. The spear into the barricade, the chokeslam on the chair, the double suplex off the table. The difference between those spots and the typical set-up spots is that you don't didn't have to worry about getting blue balled. It happened right away and in my opinion, that makes the impact so much greater because if it doesn't happen right away, you know that the next couple of minutes of the match are going to be dedicated to pulling that spot off and that doesn't keep you guessing about the remainder of the match.

Well, with all of that said, I definitely thought that that was one of the best TLC matches I've ever seen and that was because of all of the new dynamics presented in the match. So, do you guys think that same way? Did you believe that these dynamics hindered the match? Or do you think I've got my head too far up my ass? Just cause I love you guys, I'll leave that as a poll option.

K2Jelly you hit the nail on the head bud.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

Fresh Member
    I agree. You could write a blog about it.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Jelly View Post
    To kick things off, I'd just like to say that TLC 2012 was amazing. From start to finish, it didn't fail to entertain me,. But of course, every PPV has that one match that gets everyone talking and if you haven't been paying attention to way everyone's been talking or if you didn't take the hint from the title of this thread, you'll know that the match I'm referring to was The Shield vs. Ryback and Team Hell No.

What can I say? I absolutely loved that match. It had me fully invested from start to finish and I don't think I've ever marked out as hard as I've ever done this time entire year. Now, before I go any further, i'd just like to point things out to the cynical readers who're going to chew me out on this UNLESS I explain myself.

No. No. No. Just because the match featured three indy-darling doesn't mean I gave the match more credit than it deserved. You couldn't be farther from the truth. See, I'm one of those people who believe that it doesn't matter what background a wrestler has as long as they're able to deliver on the main roster so I don't even watch them in the development brands.

Anyways, now that that's out of the way, I'm going to move on. In my opinion, there were a lot of reasons why this match was awesome. Everyone looked strong, everyone had an important role to play, The Shield worked as a real unit, there were plenty of hardcore spots and you really couldn't tell who was going to win. It kept me on the edge of my seats. However, there was one reason that I believe set this match apart from all the other TLC matches we've had before; unlike the past TLC matches, this was the first one to feature a pinfall/submission stipulation. That helped the match ALOT for a couple of reasons.

1. It kept the pace going.

We didn't have to wait for someone to waste a minute or so climbing a ladder and trade punches with the opponent on the ladder which would have taken out some of the excitement because from start to finish, that match was fast paced and having that exchange three or more times, which is a staple in almost every ladder or TLC match, would have slowed things down.

2. Again, it kept me guessing.

Once the other teams are all sprawled across the arena over broken table bits, you know the team that's one the ladder is going to win. That's not necessarily bad or anything but I like a match that's a very close call, one that you could have seen carried on longer had the winning team not been scripted to win in that moment. For instance, when Ryback was running back to the ring after Reigns had powerbombed Bryan off the turnbuckle, it looked like Ryback could have saved the match and kept things going which built up the anticipation of that moment. Will Ryback make it time? With Kane incapacitated, can our heroes prevail against this dominant threat? With a normal TLC match, it 's just like "Oh. They're gonna win. Well, that was fun."

3. No obvious ladder/table set-up spots.

One thing that kinda annoys me about these type of matches is that once a table is set in the ring and someone climbs a ladder, you know that they're going through it. Like last night, a table's brought into the match with Cena v. Ziggler and at that moment, I knew that it was going to be used right away and sure enough, it did. It's not to say that I don't enjoy it when it happens but when it happens from a mile away, it takes away some of the adrenaline rush when you can literally look into the future and know how it's going to be used.

Now, I'd just like to elaborate on this point before anyone gets confused. When I'm talking about obvious spots, I mean things that you know are going to happen in the next minute or so, not things that people are going to set up right away and not get cut off. For example, there were plenty of spots in the TLC match that you knew were going to happen. The spear into the barricade, the chokeslam on the chair, the double suplex off the table. The difference between those spots and the typical set-up spots is that you don't didn't have to worry about getting blue balled. It happened right away and in my opinion, that makes the impact so much greater because if it doesn't happen right away, you know that the next couple of minutes of the match are going to be dedicated to pulling that spot off and that doesn't keep you guessing about the remainder of the match.

Well, with all of that said, I definitely thought that that was one of the best TLC matches I've ever seen and that was because of all of the new dynamics presented in the match. So, do you guys think that same way? Did you believe that these dynamics hindered the match? Or do you think I've got my head too far up my ass? Just cause I love you guys, I'll leave that as a poll option.
    Yep! It was a good one and for all the reason you stated. Couldn't have said it better myself. Props to that whole PPV. The Shield impressed me so much.

100% hit rate so far Jelly.

Extremely enjoyable match. I was looking forward to this anyway, being someone who watches NXT weekly and being intrigued as to how The Shield guys would step up to main roster shows.

Bryan was great in this match too but my favourite spot was probably The Blackout he took on the chair.

All in all this is probably one of the best booked PPV's of the year. They have it in them, it's just a pity they seem to be more miss than hit at times but onward and upward.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jai View Post
    I agree. You could write a blog about it.
    I could but I'd probably get less replies.

I loved the match, was non stop action, had an old skool feel to it and some genuinely sick bumps

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K Faybe View Post
    I loved the match, was non stop action, had an old skool feel to it and some genuinely sick bumps
    Yep. MOTY candidate for sure.

I was surprised by some of the spots. Like Rollins' hitting the Blackout to Bryan on the chair; and Rollins going through those tables.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Black Ninja!
    There was no way I was not voting for what I voted for Jelly... But you make good points.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!