Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: The Rock.

  1. #11
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,449
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Cena beat Lesnar. But I agree with what your saying.
    I think he meant that cena got owned by lesnar for most of the match... not that he lost per say but he looked weak.
    #BeJelly


  2. #12
    God Dameduse823's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arkham Asylum, Solitary Confinement
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Cena beat Lesnar. But I agree with what your saying.
    Cena pinned Lesnar after getting beaten like a dog for 20 minutes
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

    To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same


  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    Cena pinned Lesnar after getting beaten like a dog for 20 minutes
    True. True it would have been awesome if Ryback had a match with Cena and beat him like that. Though Ryback's a face something like that would really get him over as a monster.

  4. #14
    God Dameduse823's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arkham Asylum, Solitary Confinement
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    True. True it would have been awesome if Ryback had a match with Cena and beat him like that. Though Ryback's a face something like that would really get him over as a monster.
    I agree, I honestly would have preferred that simply because Ryback is part of the company's future, he's not some name that randomly pops up when they feel like getting a paycheck and stroking their ego
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

    To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same


  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    I agree, I honestly would have preferred that simply because Ryback is part of the company's future, he's not some name that randomly pops up when they feel like getting a paycheck and stroking their ego
    Yea I bet Wrestlemania 30 Ryback will probably have a main event match at Mania and it should be against Cena. It will kind of be like Warrior vs Hogan (bad comparison) Cena being like Hogan who does everything right, then Ryback who is like Warrior going out there wrecking havoc and winning matches.

  6. #16
    You say its insulting to the roster, I have 2 things to say about that.

    1-the rock paid his dues many years ago and through his talent, hard work etc earnt the right to be able to come back like he does. Only the very best and very few earn that.

    2-let's face it, most of the roster wouldn't get near the very top whether the rock was or wasn't there. People like the rock come back because they're needed to generate the interet and buys that others can't.

    People need to stop whinging, not everyone can get pushed at the same time but we currently have 2 new headline pushes in ryback and the shield.

  7. #17
    God Dameduse823's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arkham Asylum, Solitary Confinement
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    Yea I bet Wrestlemania 30 Ryback will probably have a main event match at Mania and it should be against Cena. It will kind of be like Warrior vs Hogan (bad comparison) Cena being like Hogan who does everything right, then Ryback who is like Warrior going out there wrecking havoc and winning matches.
    Great comparison considering their promo skills. But that is a match I would honestly love to see, the face of the company and the guy the company is putting its trust in, that is a great selling point and makes much more sense then just having random "Stars" show up and steamroll talent
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

    To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same


  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameduse823 View Post
    Great comparison considering their promo skills. But that is a match I would honestly love to see, the face of the company and the guy the company is putting its trust in, that is a great selling point and makes much more sense then just having random "Stars" show up and steamroll talent
    Yep and obviously Ryback has to go over.

    But back to Punk Vs Rock. I pray the Shield are able to attack Rock and cost him at Royal Rumble. That way guys like Dean Ambrose, and Seth Rollin are even more noticed taking out The Rock. It can lead to a great storyline between the two. Our have The Rock Win, Cena cash in on The Rock. Punk and Rock demand rematches and bamn. Punk Vs Rock Vs Cena at mania. I would love to see that.

  9. #19
    God Dameduse823's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Arkham Asylum, Solitary Confinement
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by colinho View Post
    You say its insulting to the roster, I have 2 things to say about that.

    1-the rock paid his dues many years ago and through his talent, hard work etc earned the right to be able to come back like he does. Only the very best and very few earn that.

    2-let's face it, most of the roster wouldn't get near the very top whether the rock was or wasn't there. People like the rock come back because they're needed to generate the intesret and buys that others can't.

    People need to stop whinging, not everyone can get pushed at the same time but we currently have 2 new headline pushes in ryback and the shield.
    1. Your right, he paid his dues MANY YEARS AGO, he's had two matches in like 8 years, years he spent distancing himself form the company that made him famous, what about that gives him the right to headline Wrestlemania? And I'm sorry he earned the right? In my eyes no one EARNS THE RIGHT to come back after years of being gone and get a wwe title shot. Not Rock, not Lesnar, not Hogan, NOBODY.

    2. Your right, 80% of the roster will never be near the top because their never given the chance, look at dolph Ziggler he's been bordering about the top level for like 2 years and every time he's just about to break through they toss his ass back to the midcards. Look at Zack Ryder, he's one of the most over faces they have but they'll never give him a shot at anything because their bitter he got over without them. They hold all these guys down and then freak out because theres no new talent they can elevate so they bring in teh older guys tro cover their own fuck ups.
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

    To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same


  10. #20
    1- boohoo, the rock spent years distancing himself. So what, history had taught him that he had to if he wanted to make his name in Hollywood. Now he can come back without losing any credibility as he's made 'it'

    2-Ziggler is currently feuding with cena and holds the money in the back so I think he's fine atm. Ryder? Do me a favour, after a few weeks on raw he was getting stale. The rock is def not holding him back! People are getting pushed, it's just some take the bll and run whilst others don't.

    If anything the younger guys on the roster should be tapping up the rock for advice, mainly on promo skills as that's where I feel most are lacking.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.