Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Lightbulb something i feel WWE is missing.

    I have been a fan of WWF/E my whole life. I started watching TNA in 2005 but didnt actually followed along as much mainly because of my love for WWE. But this past year i have been really digging IMPACT since Robert Roode became one of the greatest heel world champions since a very long long time. Im in love with both wrestling companies but latley i have noticed that im more interested in TNA than WWE now and cant seem to figure out why.

    I thought if it was because of the in ring wrestling. But WWE usually has great matches too. I thought maybe it was because of the roster TNA has. While i thought it could be because TNA has way more better wrestlers than WWE has, but then again; WWE has alot of great wrestlers too. Ziggler, Kofi, Punk, Bryan ect. Then I came to conclusion on why I might think TNA is better than WWE...

    TNA matches feel like the wrestlers are actually FIGHTING. TNA matches feels like there is a real struggle in the ring to kick the other guys ass. While WWE feels more like " im gonna kick your ass for 5 minutes, then ur gonna kick my ass for the next 5 minutes, then we end the match". In all of John Cena's matches, hes smileing. Who smiles in a fight?

    So basically my point is most of WWE's matches feel like they arent actually fighting and feels more like a ''show and tell'' for their moves. Sometimes WWE has those fighting matches such as Brock Lesner vs Cena, Punk vs Cena, Triple H vs anyone. But there needs to be more of a fight feeling. I think it could be because of the lack of real storylines and/or feuds.

    DO YOU AGREE WITH ME?
    Last edited by pistol-pete; 12-13-2012 at 03:30 PM.

  2. #2
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,510
    Blog Entries
    10
    I kind of think the exact opposite. wwe puts on great matches all the time. They just don't get credit all the time because they want to compare each week or each match against another match or another week in the history of the wwe. for example daniel bryan vs kane put on some of the funniest segments on tv in a long time... their match at summerslam was just awesome! I would agree that some wrestlers put on some boring matches but any sheamus match feels like a fight to me... same could be said about many other superstars.... randy orton vs ziggler at survivor series at the end of the elimination match was epic and surprised me and I have been a fan of wwe for 15 years. I will agree that tna has been getting better, but seriously the aj styles drama this last summer was probably the hardest thing to watch in a long time... it felt like tna literally hired soap opera writers to write that story-line .. and the camera's were so bad! though I will give credit where credit is due... putting austin ares as champ was awesome! and aces and eights are awesome... but wwe isn't slacking off IMO.
    #BeJelly


  3. #3
    I like TNA and WWE, so this is a unbiased opinion. I like the WWE more because it's the major leagues and as much as I love Roode, CM Punk is the best heel champion in a long time going today IMO.

    Now TNA was getting really close IMO on being more entertaining then the WWE in my eyes at the time Roode and Aries were fueding over the belt and the build up to their initial match, were Aries won with a HUGE pop. I thought TNA was finally going to start depending less on ex WWE talent and make their own stars, so I was excited. But now, It's the SAME old shit AGAIN. Look at the title holders...ROLL CALL...Hardy, Devon, Chavo, RVD, Tara....f*cking BARF! It makes their home grown talent look so minor league...below NXT minor league. This is just my opinion.

    I think TNA does put on good matches that seem really aggressive but they are because they have the green light to do so. Vince protects his stars and lets them all basically have 5 moves of doom, so his investments will not get injured as much, unless you're Kane and walk off ramps...LOL. They turn it up for ppvs though.

    I can see your point, but in my eyes right now there is no way TNA is better than WWE. I still watch every Impact and ppv, but they are still not as good IMO. I hope in time they can be though.
    Last edited by Playboy Stevie V; 12-13-2012 at 04:04 PM.



  4. #4
    Normal Member alcrissam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    174
    Blog Entries
    7
    I mean, it's a little of both. But I will definately give you credit for knowing something was off. There was a blog that talks about the repetitive matches that wwe puts on. I think it has to contribute to stale matches. Also, the wwe fight style is shit, we all know that. But it's good you brought it up cuz it definately contributes.

  5. #5
    sheamus match feels like a fight to me...
    thats true, his matches with the big show are pretty good.

    [QUOTE but wwe isn't slacking off IMO][/QUOTE]

    I agree with you 100%. RYBACK and the shield fued has sucked so far. I am interested in the six man match at TLC. But i believe they could make the shiled better by not bringing them out on every single week.

  6. #6
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,510
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by pistol-pete View Post
    thats true, his matches with the big show are pretty good.

    [QUOTE but wwe isn't slacking off IMO]
    I agree with you 100%. RYBACK and the shield fued has sucked so far. I am interested in the six man match at TLC. But i believe they could make the shiled better by not bringing them out on every single week.[/QUOTE]
    Fair points. I think they would be better off if they made the shields attacks a little less predictable.. and were not focused on making them the bad guys... have them attack some heels!
    #BeJelly


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I agree with you 100%. RYBACK and the shield fued has sucked so far. I am interested in the six man match at TLC. But i believe they could make the shiled better by not bringing them out on every single week.
    Fair points. I think they would be better off if they made the shields attacks a little less predictable.. and were not focused on making them the bad guys... have them attack some heels![/QUOTE]

    Thats what you do with heel stables,Dennis



    The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

  8. #8
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,510
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    Fair points. I think they would be better off if they made the shields attacks a little less predictable.. and were not focused on making them the bad guys... have them attack some heels!
    Thats what you do with heel stables,Dennis [/QUOTE]
    I don't understand if you thought that was a witty retort of what I said or just don't understand what I meant. I get that they are a heel stable but you don't have to make them a heel stable. There is a third class of wrestlers called tweeners as you know, they could just attack people they think are doing unjust things even though they might be (in kayfabe) totally justified in doing their actions. Having them attack someone like sandow could confuse the wwe universe as we are very use to the heel stable formula at this point.
    #BeJelly


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Fair points. I think they would be better off if they made the shields attacks a little less predictable.. have them attack some heels!
    This is exactly what I think, and what I said in the Shield Topic

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Thats what you do with heel stables,Dennis
    I don't understand if you thought that was a witty retort of what I said or just don't understand what I meant. I get that they are a heel stable but you don't have to make them a heel stable. There is a third class of wrestlers called tweeners as you know, they could just attack people they think are doing unjust things even though they might be (in kayfabe) totally justified in doing their actions. Having them attack someone like sandow could confuse the wwe universe as we are very use to the heel stable formula at this point.[/QUOTE]

    I know exactly what you meant...And it was more a joke...Not what I "THought " was a witty retort"...These guys just need to be heels IMO...The motive wouldn't work so well as tweeners...It requires by fueled by a heelish mindset,not "Clean" tweener thoughts...They need the "heels saying they're actions are very justified,Even though they OBVIOUSLY aren't" , MO to me at least.



    The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.