Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Thoughts about improving diva's division

First off I want to say I'm finally back after dealing with bronchitis and other stuff. Anyways back on topic I saw a lot of articles about improving the Diva's Division. My question is how do you think they could improve the diva's division? I don't know about you guys but I use to really enjoy watching their matches that was like 2010 and now it's like whatever. Anyway they need to sign more divas and bring back Mickie James, Beth Phoneix, and Melina (I know it probably won't happen though). They should also get actual wrestlers and not models. And they need to make more storylines I mean I liked the Kaitlyn and Eve feud but it lost my interest. So what are you thoughts about improving the Diva's Division?? Oh and bring back Trish!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Great One View Post
    First off I want to say I'm finally back after dealing with bronchitis and other stuff. Anyways back on topic I saw a lot of articles about improving the Diva's Division. My question is how do you think they could improve the diva's division? I don't know about you guys but I use to really enjoy watching their matches that was like 2010 and now it's like whatever. Anyway they need to sign more divas and bring back Mickie James, Beth Phoneix, and Melina (I know it probably won't happen though). They should also get actual wrestlers and not models. And they need to make more storylines I mean I liked the Kaitlyn and Eve feud but it lost my interest. So what are you thoughts about improving the Diva's Division?? Oh and bring back Trish!!!!
    Just more time and effort...Given the chance even though they're not all the greatest with alot more focus and time given to their matches even the current crop could do much,much better...They're not all Lita and Trish but they're certainly not THE worst ever...Eve's made MARVELOUS progress,and Natalya of course is excellent,Tamina's never been too bad at all,Kaitlyn's very very good,AJ is def not bad at all,Alicia could be better and Aksana just needs more training of sorts...Which brings me to another point...Focusing on making their ring work better wouldn't hurt at all...Enter Sara Del Rey.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

I think there are two paths for the diva divisions to go, depending on who you ask. Some people want more sex, others want more actual wrestling skill.
    One option would maybe be a show ONLY for divas, for which you naturally would have to expand the whole roster quite a lot.
    I think WWE is wasting a lot of entertainment potential with the lackluster way they present the whole diva deal.
    Wrestling lost the spectacle factor.

The top and bottom of it is how they are booked.

Everyone always mentions Trish in these threads and rightly so but she didn't have a wrestling background, in fact when she first started she was pretty awful. It was down to hard work, dedication and a love of wrestling that helped propel her to the position she eventually held, I'll grant you that but a huge part of it was down to how the bookings were made. That's the problem with the division, Vince doesn't (or didn't if the stories are true) give a shit about it over the last few years so subsequently the majority of the 'Universe' don't and so they don't get booked right. That's the vicious circle.

I just hope they can amend it next year they have the talents, on the roster and in NXT.
    Last edited by Wade Barrett 1979; 12-12-2012 at 11:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    The Divas division is not as good as it was during the 2008 - 2011 era because most of the divas left lack popularity. If you look back most of the divas on the roster now were in background during the Michelle McCool, Melina, Beth Pheonix, Maryse and Womans Championship era.
    Impact's Mickie James, Tara and Gail Kim also made the Divas Division amazing for actually displaying how female wrestling is just as amazing to watch as the guys.
    WWE made the championship transparent when they made divas such as Eve and AJ get in storylines with the top superstars.
    It didn't go as well as the Lita and Trish main event storylines cause both those divas were well known for there in ring talents and championship tallies first.
    The division is lacking versatility. With the same divas jobbing. Then the same divas using the same redundant movesets. And the same divas winning.
    I would like to see better match ups such as triple threats, fatal fours and a longer time frame. Just because Aksana has to job again doesn't mean she has look horrible doing so.The divas need to Improve there in-ring skills and actually be athletes. My favorites that do great in ring as usual are Alicia, Eve, and Natalya. They always have been the most entertaining to me and can hype a crowd. Tamina is still good and Kaitlyn and Layla I find kind of mediocre in all areas.
    WWE can use some new blood. Dominant new blood with lots of tv personality. Maybe the roster wouldn't be so bad if they added Naomi, Paige and another dominant character to the main in-ring roster. Then we would have more athletes that are passionate about being in the ring. Naomi's current gimmick has to go so she can add some entertainment to the actual wrestling side of the division. Paige has not grown on to me yet but I can tell that she's more than just a pretty face and will be great for the division in a competition stand point. When it comes to the divas keep the competition standpoint in mind then we can have something great to see.
    Last edited by Mckenzie; 12-12-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    Did I or Did I Not...Just Make Your Day

Want to improve the diva's division? Make it like the old days, bra and panties, real female wrestlers, and not stupid models, Cut the PG crap, and make segment hotter. That's all I'm asking.
    BEST IN THE WORLD!

The Best in the world... Is back.

You want to improve the Diva's Division? How about getting REAL WOMEN WHO KNOW HOW TO WRESTLE!!!

I get that Big E Langston dropped the NXT CHAMPIONSHIP
    but....to Bo Dallas out of all people? WTF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme_Virus View Post
    Want to improve the diva's division? Make it like the old days, bra and panties, real female wrestlers, and not stupid models, Cut the PG crap, and make segment hotter. That's all I'm asking.
    I still never understood how wwe strives to be pg.

Yet they put Rosa Mendes in such provacative clothing...?
    Did I or Did I Not...Just Make Your Day

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme_Virus View Post
    So you want 'real female wrestlers' and not 'stupid models' yet you want the return of bra and panties matches

Cracking way to showcase their wrestling talents!

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Barrett 1979 View Post
    So you want 'real female wrestlers' and not 'stupid models' yet you want the return of bra and panties matches

Cracking way to showcase their wrestling talents!
    Well maybe the bra and panties matches can have actual technical grappling rather than simply rolling around and screaming. That would actually be a decent medium.

Take the attractive women who can actually work in the ring, have them put on technical clinics, where clothes just happen to come off.