What's the opposite of the Mark-out Moment of the Year? Excuse me while I stop typing for a minute, I need to use my hands to remove the giant pit from my stomach.
Pardon the dramatics, but if John Cena wins the title from Dolph Ziggler - it will be the end of my passion for wrestling. Not because I'm a huge Dolph fan, not because I dislike Cena (because I genuinely don't), but because this represents every single thing that is gutwrenchingly painful about the WWE. They only care about making money and don't care AT ALL about what the real fans think. And I understand that, but this makes it real.
The WWE needs new characters to grow, to improve, to shine. TITLES build credibility and high profile matches at Wrestlemania make stars. If The Rock and John Cena walk into Wrestlemania the WWE and World Heavyweight Champions respectively, that will be the biggest insult the entire roster and the WWE Universe could ever receive. Here's what it does:
1. Tells the fans, we don't care about the rules we set. We can change things whenever. You're too stupid to care, you'll keep watching. MITB can be defended, the contract can change, no biggie. Just like when Vince came out and turned Team Punk into Team Ziggler even though it had absolutely ZERO relevance storyline wise.
2. Tells the roster, no matter how hard you work, you won't be rewarded. You will ALWAYS be second fiddle to John Cena. Honestly, whether you love or hate Dolph, chances are, you don't want to see Cena win the MITB.
3. Makes MITB worthless. Oh, so the SAME GUY cashes both in the SAME YEAR? Holy hell! This is nauseating to type! Good thing there is an entire PPV dedicated to it.
4. Poor Dolph. This guy has worked so hard. He's phenomenal in the ring, improving drastically on the mic, and you can tell his world revolves around being the best ever. If he doesn't win at TLC, I can't imagine how crushed he'll be. It sounds silly that I care, but I do. I just don't see how he could ever regain any of the steam he's got going if he loses this. The outcome of this match determines if he'll be an HBK or a Roddy Piper. I firmly believe that.
5. Wrestlemania will suffer. They are sacrificing a high profile title match if Rock vs Cena is for both titles. I have two floor seats for Wrestlemania 29, and I'll be damned if there will only be one championship match. So guys like DB, Sheamus, Show, Barrett, Miz, Ziggler, etc... NONE of them will compete for a major title? Only the Rock and Cena?
I'm sorry that I am venting through this post, but I believe I'm making valid claims. This seems so EFFED up. We watch this stuff year round, we invest a lot of time in it, we invest time in characters and want to see them grow. I feel like this is a MAJOR MAJOR step backwards for everyone effected. Not just Dolph, but whichever duo who loses a chance to feud for the WHC at Mania.
Go Dolph. All Hail the HEEL. Damn you Vince.