Blog Entries

The Road to Lockdown

Thinking what i can or could talk about in TNA..... So I decided to talk about the Road to Lockdown with every live event a cage match is advertised..... This brings up two questions....
    1. What do you think of having a cage match at every live event up till Lockdown???
    2. Will it hinder or help the sale of Lockdown????

My answers...... I think it a great sale to have a cage match at a live event.... Much like in the old NWA in the 1980s they use to have a Bunkhouse Stampede for 2 months... 2nd I think the concept only can help the sale of the event...
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Not a knock on TNA, but how many people are actually going to be at each event to see a cage match? Probably a small percentage of the full TNA audience will attend one of these events. I think it is a good way to get butts in the seats of these live events and should not have a negatively impact on PPV buys.

Quote Originally Posted by HCollins-TNA1 View Post
    Thinking what i can or could talk about in TNA..... So I decided to talk about the Road to Lockdown with every live event a cage match is advertised..... This brings up two questions....
    1. What do you think of having a cage match at every live event up till Lockdown???
    2. Will it hinder or help the sale of Lockdown????

My answers...... I think it a great sale to have a cage match at a live event.... Much like in the old NWA in the 1980s they use to have a Bunkhouse Stampede for 2 months... 2nd I think the concept only can help the sale of the event...
    This did help to sell a consumer on buying a ticket to the show, however in those days you couldn't YouTube "Ric Flair vs. Ron Garvin - Steel Cage" to see what they did on the previous show. The concept worked so well in the 80s because the audience were (for the majority) seeing a match that they would most likely never get to see again.

Quote Originally Posted by YOUcanCALLmeCRACK View Post
    Not a knock on TNA, but how many people are actually going to be at each event to see a cage match? Probably a small percentage of the full TNA audience will attend one of these events. I think it is a good way to get butts in the seats of these live events and should not have a negatively impact on PPV buys.
    Agreed. A solid selling point for the individual house shows, but (should have) no impact of the Lockdown buy rate. That will only increase/decrease based on the shows they put on leading into the event. The idea of having 6-8 (unsure at the moment) Impacts between PPVs helps as the fans will be interested to see just how much the PPV pay off will have. Plus there is more of a chance for the specific 8 matches to build and have momentum behind them going into the PPV.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Only other thing I think might hinder the Road to Lockdown tour and Lockdown, is a major star might get hurt along the way..... Esp Hardy, Aries and Angle with how they are always that one big move when they are normally involved in the cage match atmosphere.....

Both you are right if anything those house shows will maybe attract a small select few fans....
    We all judge others even if it isn't our place to judge, but supposedly at the end we are all judged by one!!!
    Wrestling, women and money who could ask for more???

Black Ninja!
    The risk of Injury is the only thing I see as a negative to it.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!