Threaded View

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Playboy Stevie V View Post
    Everyone has an opinion and a certain taste when it comes to what entertains you personally and what does not. I respect everyone's opinion, as long as it's educated in the matter.

With that said IMO, I always liked Del Rio. People can say he's a JBL and Ted Sr rip off, but hell everything in wrestling was ripped off from somewhere else. Like I've said before, "wrestling IS copyright infringement." So we are not liking Del Rio strictly cause his character is likened to one from the past, it'd be hard to like any wrestler.

You say his promos are boring, okay. I like his promos. It's heelish, sinister and totally arrogant.

His in ring skills aren't that great? I'd disagree with that. His matches are usually the best match on either Smackdown or Raw. Orton Del Rio matches on smackdown and this past Monday against Botch Cara, all very good matches. Shit even Cara had a good match and credit that to Del Rio knowing how to work with a luchador, and every other style for that matter.

People who I can't stand and think absolutely suck IMO and taste is wrestlers like Santino and Zack Ryder. Those are my piss break talent. But they are popular for some other fans, so I know they have their fan base and purpose, so I accept it.

One thing I've learned about the industry, is what I feel is entertaining does not necessarily speak for the masses, so never confuse your personal preference to actual marketability and ticket sales because 9 times out of 10 your opinion doesn't matter to the promotion at large. There's a reason why a wrestler is where he is at and he wouldn't be in the big leagues if really sucked that bad.
    to be fair a lot of the reason he can work with Sin Cara so well now is that they had a few meetings in CMLL but still, I agree, there isn't anything that Del Rio is really bad at, I just think his giimmick needs work.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.