Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73
  1. #21
    Senior Member Los Conquistador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Republic of Ireland
    Posts
    491
    Blog Entries
    2
    i see as this

    the more shows, the more guys will be hired
    we get the guys we love and new blood coming in without such devastating periods of "Future endeavoured"

    i am in favour of the product expanding and improving the way it is
    more is good and it'll help bulk up the upcoming network
    not to mention each show accomplishes something different

    Raw = "A" Show, the top show to be in
    Smackdown = "B" Show, a chance to main event but not to the standard to headline for the company
    NXT = Development talent, steady transition to main roster
    Saturday Morning Slam = attracts the younger audience
    Main Event = more high quality matches with top stars that exhibit how good they can be at the top level
    Superstars = an opportunity for low carders to maintain some relevance while they tend to build themselves up again if possible, something to do basically

  2. #22
    God SaberToothTigerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    Posts
    2,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Conquistador View Post
    i see as this

    the more shows, the more guys will be hired
    we get the guys we love and new blood coming in without such devastating periods of "Future endeavoured"

    i am in favour of the product expanding and improving the way it is
    more is good and it'll help bulk up the upcoming network
    not to mention each show accomplishes something different

    Raw = "A" Show, the top show to be in
    Smackdown = "B" Show, a chance to main event but not to the standard to headline for the company
    NXT = Development talent, steady transition to main roster
    Saturday Morning Slam = attracts the younger audience
    Main Event = more high quality matches with top stars that exhibit how good they can be at the top level
    Superstars = an opportunity for low carders to maintain some relevance while they tend to build themselves up again if possible, something to do basically

    with all that on the line the wwe roster needs to at least be 3 times bigger than it's current size..and if im not mistaken more guys mean more money for their monthly paychecks no?

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Conquistador View Post
    i see as this

    the more shows, the more guys will be hired
    we get the guys we love and new blood coming in without such devastating periods of "Future endeavoured"

    i am in favour of the product expanding and improving the way it is
    more is good and it'll help bulk up the upcoming network
    not to mention each show accomplishes something different

    Raw = "A" Show, the top show to be in
    Smackdown = "B" Show, a chance to main event but not to the standard to headline for the company
    NXT = Development talent, steady transition to main roster
    Saturday Morning Slam = attracts the younger audience
    Main Event = more high quality matches with top stars that exhibit how good they can be at the top level
    Superstars = an opportunity for low carders to maintain some relevance while they tend to build themselves up again if possible, something to do basically
    I think this is the point beside money .. If u only have 2 shows theres no room for yoshi tatsu or big e langston etc...

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    This in a nutshell (minus the ratings bit)...

    I look at it from this angle; WWE has the fans who keep coming back and they are milking it. They also have a bunch of networks who are so desperate for that large audience to watch shows on their channel, they keep getting the deals done... My final reason is that Vince is doing his best to prove to the E Universe (and stock holders/investers) that he does have enough product for his own cable network. Outside of that, we also have all of these shows because VKM wants all of them... I just choose not to watch most of them.
    Basically, this.

    Vince likes making money.

    Channels like getting viewers.

    WWE brings in viewers(I think it's been said Main Event, alone, draws in as much as the average Ion rating altogether; and SMS is the most watched show on Vortexx).

    Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    Ion Television supposedly pays WWE for Main Event, so there's Main Event's reason for existing. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same way for Saturday Morning Slam.
    It is, I think.

    There was a report a bit ago about how much WWE reportedly makes for an extra hour of RAW; Main Event; and SMS - totalling over 18 Million dollars, to tape a few extra matches.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

    Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

    Winner of BotN[Seraphim]



    I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

  5. #25
    Black Ninja! Automatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rotterdam, Holland
    Posts
    6,405
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberToothTigerz View Post
    so u all think it's a great decision for all these shows to be on just because vince is investing for his new network? :\ guys not for nothing but...if vince ever wanted to get his own network he should've done it years ago when the ratings were hot and big back 8 or 9 years ago..not now..i think the timing for it is the worst..
    No, it´s pretty dumb to throw all this content on TV, while also wanting to set up a network. There will probably be a few shows that are very similar to the shows they now have on TV
    Why would people pay for more WWE wrestling, when they can see WWE wrestling for 6.5 hours a week?
    Not to mention that wrestling isn't exactly in it's most popular period in time.

    ''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

  6. #26
    God SaberToothTigerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    Posts
    2,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    No, it´s pretty dumb to throw all this content on TV, while also wanting to set up a network. There will probably be a few shows that are very similar to the shows they now have on TV
    Why would people pay for more WWE wrestling, when they can see WWE wrestling for 6.5 hours a week?
    Not to mention that wrestling isn't exactly in it's most popular period in time.

    Amen to that :\ but i keep thinking that vince is still only hungry for more cash, sure businesses always need to grow and money does that but ultimately in times of harsh economy that we are living in now dont u all think it's wrong for the wwe not only charge more for their ppv's but also fill us in with more shows and so on?
    First they have those shows to consume all of our money in, i absolutely believe that some arenas in which shows like superstars main event and SMS are tapped arent even half filled with people. that's how bad i feel about the wwe at this time..
    If anything they should stop persuing gathering more money and lowering the ppv ticket cost, i think its absolutely pathetic to be hungry at this time nowadays. They should learn how to save money and slowly progressively aim to gather more ppl by lowering costs, give us less but in better quality.

  7. #27
    I really can't imagine how they can fill the network out with programming. Yeah, the amount of content that WWE has in old footage is insane, but who watches that much wrestling? It's so incredibly narrow in terms of focus. That's like having an American football network. I'm sure there's a lot of footage for that but what are you going to do besides airing old games? People talking about football? Football interviews? Behind the scenes of football? It's going to get very dull very quickly, unless WWE can secure the rights to things like Redneck Island, Bullrun and shows like that hosted by wrestlers... or of course they film shows like that.

  8. #28
    God SaberToothTigerz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Under the ring before big show tears it down.
    Posts
    2,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Viperfish View Post
    I really can't imagine how they can fill the network out with programming. Yeah, the amount of content that WWE has in old footage is insane, but who watches that much wrestling? It's so incredibly narrow in terms of focus. That's like having an American football network. I'm sure there's a lot of footage for that but what are you going to do besides airing old games? People talking about football? Football interviews? Behind the scenes of football? It's going to get very dull very quickly, unless WWE can secure the rights to things like Redneck Island, Bullrun and shows like that hosted by wrestlers... or of course they film shows like that.

    they will air the shapperone and the marine and all those wwe movies
    jk

  9. #29
    This is what I would do....keep Raw at 3 hours....NXT is not on here in the states so I would like to see NXT with the young guys....I like Main Event since it doesn't follow the main story lines too much so it doesn't hurt the over all product too much....Smackdown should be taken away.....I don't watch Sat. Morning Slam and since that is aimed at little kids, I have no issue with it staying....Superstars is fine since it gives lower tier guys air time.....Eliminating Smackdown would help RAW since it ends having to write storylines for another 2 hour program. Besides, the rosters are pretty much mixed now anyway so what's the point? Plus, cut back to 6 PPVs a year (Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Survivor Series and 2 others). And maybe on the off months, do like a 'Clash of the Champions' or 'Saturday Night's Main Event' type of event on TV.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SaberToothTigerz View Post
    they will air the shapperone and the marine and all those wwe movies
    jk
    Lmao, probably will.

    Only way I think a Network would work, is if they included other companies(Which they more than likely won't).
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

    Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

    Winner of BotN[Seraphim]



    I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.