Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Idea for the X-Division Championship

We all know that ever since Austin Aries dropped the X-Division Championship the title has been lackluster at best without any real feuds. I mean RVD vs Zema Ion had one week of "build" before BFG, then RVD vs Joey Ryan seemed more about Matt Morgan, and now RVD vs Kenny King is getting that one week "build" again. I think to keep the X-Division Championship interesting TNA should have Zema Ion and Kid Kash interfere in the match making it a no contest. Then at Genesis you have Kenny King vs RVD vs Zema Ion vs Kid Kash for the X-Division Championship with King winning it. Then to keep the feud between RVD and King going have them go at it one more time at Lockdown in a barbed wire cage match letting King pin RVD clean thus putting him over. Now here is were my idea gets a little crazy. TNA actually starts promoting the X-Division Champion and put him in actual feuds for the title. Well that's my idea, what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    We all know that ever since Austin Aries dropped the X-Division Championship the title has been lackluster at best without any real feuds. I mean RVD vs Zema Ion had one week of "build" before BFG, then RVD vs Joey Ryan seemed more about Matt Morgan, and now RVD vs Kenny King is getting that one week "build" again. I think to keep the X-Division Championship interesting TNA should have Zema Ion and Kid Kash interfere in the match making it a no contest. Then at Genesis you have Kenny King vs RVD vs Zema Ion vs Kid Kash for the X-Division Championship with King winning it. Then to keep the feud between RVD and King going have them go at it one more time at Lockdown in a barbed wire cage match letting King pin RVD clean thus putting him over. Now here is were my idea gets a little crazy. TNA actually starts promoting the X-Division Champion and put him in actual feuds for the title. Well that's my idea, what do you guys think?

Interesting idea, but your main objective with this is simply to get the title off of RVD; not to promote the X-Division. Or it would be better phrased as the idea you presented was geared more towards taking the belt off of RVD and not the elevation of the X-Division, as I understand it. Like him or not, RVD has a certain name recognition that will help someone like Kenny King, Zema Ion, or Jesse Sorensen (who I see taking the belt off of RVD because it will elevate him past just "the kid who broke his neck" to "the kid whose return was a win over a superstar in RVD"). If they are to give RVD that belt, only to peel it off of him 2 months later, it does more damage to Zema than it does establish King's elevation.

Let's say we're going to give it to King as you would have it. A better way to book it would be to have the Kash/Ion interference as you called for (which I don't like because coming off of the comment Kash made to Hogan @ Night of Champions, Kash could be used as a revolutionary leader of the X Division which "could" spur off of this interference in this match, but since you want King to win, he would just give the belt to Kash a month later, and we don't want that) but the result of the following months 4 way is to have RVD hold onto the belt. Have King petition that he hasn't been given the fair shot. After pleading long enough, and doing everything he can to get under RVD's skin, have Hogan make the match with the stipulation that Rob picks the match type for Lockdown.

Of course, Rob goes for his bread and butter in a ladder match, but with the Lockdown stipulation already in place, the match is a bit more interesting. At Lockdown, they have a brutal match (no barbed wire though since Rob isn't known for those kinds of matches; Hardcore IS his moniker, but he is heavy Ladders and Chairs) in which King wins a clean and decisive victory over RVD to take the belt. This will result in King holding the belt for a while (at least until a month before Destination X when I see Aries sneaking his way back to the WHC title show, or Styles securing his loophole).

Why do it this way? Because giving the belt to RVD, only to have him drop it 2 months later would cause the X Division to regress, not progress. They are only 2 title holders away from their longest reigning champion and already took the belt off his following act 2 months after he got it at Dest X. By giving the "proper" build to an actual story for King vs. RVD, and allowing it to be a decisive payoff in the end, King gains the notoriety of being an up and comer who took out RVD at his own game, thus becoming a "King of the Cage" so to speak. The other reason is that the X Title has been a stepping stone for rising stars, but hasn't had a truly "established" wrestler hold the belt outside of maybe Jerry Lynn and "Syxx-Pac" (sorry Kendrick, Divari, and Kash); all the others have been up and comers who used it to venture upward (most didn’t make it past mid-card), which is why the belt changed hands every 3 months or less. With a name like RVD, you can use it to help give the X-Division that star power (even if you don't like RVD, he's pretty well known among the common wrestling fan) which will be rubbed off on whoever takes the belt off of him. If they pull the trigger too quickly, it doesn't allow a star to be born as much as it allows one to die a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    Interesting idea, but your main objective with this is simply to get the title off of RVD; not to promote the X-Division. Or it would be better phrased as the idea you presented was geared more towards taking the belt off of RVD and not the elevation of the X-Division, as I understand it. Like him or not, RVD has a certain name recognition that will help someone like Kenny King, Zema Ion, or Jesse Sorensen (who I see taking the belt off of RVD because it will elevate him past just "the kid who broke his neck" to "the kid whose return was a win over a superstar in RVD"). If they are to give RVD that belt, only to peel it off of him 2 months later, it does more damage to Zema than it does establish King's elevation.

Let's say we're going to give it to King as you would have it. A better way to book it would be to have the Kash/Ion interference as you called for (which I don't like because coming off of the comment Kash made to Hogan @ Night of Champions, Kash could be used as a revolutionary leader of the X Division which "could" spur off of this interference in this match, but since you want King to win, he would just give the belt to Kash a month later, and we don't want that) but the result of the following months 4 way is to have RVD hold onto the belt. Have King petition that he hasn't been given the fair shot. After pleading long enough, and doing everything he can to get under RVD's skin, have Hogan make the match with the stipulation that Rob picks the match type for Lockdown.

Of course, Rob goes for his bread and butter in a ladder match, but with the Lockdown stipulation already in place, the match is a bit more interesting. At Lockdown, they have a brutal match (no barbed wire though since Rob isn't known for those kinds of matches; Hardcore IS his moniker, but he is heavy Ladders and Chairs) in which King wins a clean and decisive victory over RVD to take the belt. This will result in King holding the belt for a while (at least until a month before Destination X when I see Aries sneaking his way back to the WHC title show, or Styles securing his loophole).

Why do it this way? Because giving the belt to RVD, only to have him drop it 2 months later would cause the X Division to regress, not progress. They are only 2 title holders away from their longest reigning champion and already took the belt off his following act 2 months after he got it at Dest X. By giving the "proper" build to an actual story for King vs. RVD, and allowing it to be a decisive payoff in the end, King gains the notoriety of being an up and comer who took out RVD at his own game, thus becoming a "King of the Cage" so to speak. The other reason is that the X Title has been a stepping stone for rising stars, but hasn't had a truly "established" wrestler hold the belt outside of maybe Jerry Lynn and "Syxx-Pac" (sorry Kendrick, Divari, and Kash); all the others have been up and comers who used it to venture upward (most didn’t make it past mid-card), which is why the belt changed hands every 3 months or less. With a name like RVD, you can use it to help give the X-Division that star power (even if you don't like RVD, he's pretty well known among the common wrestling fan) which will be rubbed off on whoever takes the belt off of him. If they pull the trigger too quickly, it doesn't allow a star to be born as much as it allows one to die a little more.
    I like your idea, but the reason I think they should take the title off of RVD is because he is leaving soon and I think that TNA should try and get at least one guy over before RVD leaves. However if RVD isn't leaving I wouldn't mind seeing RVD hold the title until Destination X where he challenges for the title. My main point for this was for TNA to emphasize the X-Division and the X-Division Championship with more storylines and build ups rather then these last minute matches we have seen recently.

I dont know the cage has to be barbed wire even though i wouldnt mind but why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sicksnuff17 View Post
    I dont know the cage has to be barbed wire even though i wouldnt mind but why ?
    To make sure the match ends in either a pinfall or submission. Also to prevent any interference because anyone can climb a cage.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Kaymakcian View Post
    I like your idea, but the reason I think they should take the title off of RVD is because he is leaving soon and I think that TNA should try and get at least one guy over before RVD leaves. However if RVD isn't leaving I wouldn't mind seeing RVD hold the title until Destination X where he challenges for the title. My main point for this was for TNA to emphasize the X-Division and the X-Division Championship with more storylines and build ups rather then these last minute matches we have seen recently.
    The reports I have seen have RVD's contracts expiring in the middle of 2013... The theory I presented ends in March - Plenty of time to complete this idea in booking. Also, why do you think RVD is so quick to leave? He makes good $, is home every week, and works a much lighter schedule which is why he is happy with his spot in TNA. From the interviews I have heard with him, he has no intentions of leaving (which could be a work but at this point we have to take him for his word since he did say he was ready to leave WWE before actually leaving WWE) TNA and returning to World Touring (which is where he said he would go if he was to ever leave TNA - Back to Japan, Germany, and places alike.)

DRG hates everyone

A barbwire Cage match is a little much don't ya think? But it would be cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    A barbwire Cage match is a little much don't ya think? But it would be cool!
    They have them - Google CZW Cage of Death... It's a bloody spotfest that I don't think King and RVD should waste their talents in.

DRG hates everyone

The reports I have seen have RVD's contracts expiring in the middle of 2013... The theory I presented ends in March - Plenty of time to complete this idea in booking. Also, why do you think RVD is so quick to leave? He makes good $, is home every week, and works a much lighter schedule which is why he is happy with his spot in TNA. From the interviews I have heard with him, he has no intentions of leaving (which could be a work but at this point we have to take him for his word since he did say he was ready to leave WWE before actually leaving WWE) TNA and returning to World Touring (which is where he said he would go if he was to ever leave TNA - Back to Japan, Germany, and places alike.)
    I can only go ahead and make predictions based on the information presented to me. So far the information presented is that RVD hasn't resigned with TNA. Like I said earlier that if RVD does resign with TNA I would love to see him hold the X-Division Championship and then cash it in and win just like Austin Aries did. That would make the X-Division championship that much more valuable. However if it is the latter I think he should drop it in a long storyline to a younger talent to elevate said talent.

They have them - Google CZW Cage of Death... It's a bloody spotfest that I don't think King and RVD should waste their talents in.
    I used a barbed wire cage match because it was the only match, without one of those stupid if you interfere in this match I'll fire you stipulations, that guarantees no outside interference because people can just scale the cage.