View Poll Results: Would you like to see more Asian/Asian heritage champions in the WWE?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would love to see more diversity in the demographics

4 80.00%
  • No, the typical fans want the typical looking wrestlers

1 20.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Asian champions

Question Asian champions

We don't see enough Asian or people of Asian ancestry as wrestlers in the WWE and I can't remember the last Asian/Asian heritage wrestler to hold a major title. I know Taka was the light heavy champion when that belt was still active but where are the others? Vince is missing out on a huge demographic by not showcasing talent stars from the East. I refuse to believe there's not enough Asian wrestlers out there that he couldn't hire a decent one by now to push as an upper mid or main event guy.
    "The champ is here" - John Cena

Batista is filipino... but even though I am asian, I was never a fan of his. Would love to see another asian wwe champion that was actually big in the east.

Blog Entries
    Wasn't TAKA originally going to be pushed for the big belt? I always thought The Great Muta should have been world champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Senbon View Post
    Batista is filipino... but even though I am asian, I was never a fan of his. Would love to see another asian wwe champion that was actually big in the east.
    Thats true I think his dad or grandfather was from there. Great catch.

All the talent in promotions like NJPW and not one has been brought to the mainstream by Vince. I know tajiri was used a few times but he always was lower mid. I'd just like to see it tried even if it doesn't take off Vince should give an Asian star the ball and see if he can run with it. A huge Asian are wrestler would make tons of money in a market barely noticed by Vince. Look at Jeremy Lin and how big he's become even though he's a decent but far from great player. The market is there if he just would give a guy the chance.

The closest at the minute is Yoshi Tatsu and even further behind him is Sakamoto and they aren't screaming world champion right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabers View Post
    The closest at the minute is Yoshi Tatsu and even further behind him is Sakamoto and they aren't screaming world champion right now.
    I read somewhere that sakamoto can go. I don't know how true it is but he's supposedly paid his dues in Japan. If they packaged him correctly and dropped the blind worshiper crap and gave him an actual gimmick to work with I'd like to see him get a chance.

Blog Entries
    The great khali is a former whc.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Wasn't TAKA originally going to be pushed for the big belt? I always thought The Great Muta should have been world champ.
    You and me both - Never understood why he didn't get a proper shot for it.

My favorite asian to have ever touched the Big Boys Belt....

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The great khali is a former whc.
    Shows how good his run was, couple of years ago and no one hardly remembers.

Yokozuna, as in Rodney Anoai?

Wasn't he Samoan? They are considered pacific islanders I'm pretty sure and not Asians.