Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will WWE ever sign a guy like Kevin Steen?

Kevin Steen to me is the most talented guy in the indys right now. (and the best wrestler on the Ring of Honor roster) I think his feuds are always amazing (especially his with El Generico) and his mic work is great as well. His moveset is also very innovative though I doubt they let him use his package piledriver in the WWE. But with his size and look do you think WWE would give him a chance. They have given guys like CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, chances but they are not as 'heavy-set' as Kevin Steen. One could make a case that they signed Colt Cabana who wasn't the most fit guy in the wrestling world, but they made him look like a jobber. Do you guys think they would sign Steen, and if so do you see him being a big star in WWE?

No because it doesn't matter how talented a guy like Kevin is Vince will just see that hes fat & wont let him on until he loses weight. if he was a big guy like clay it wouldn't bother him but he's not tall enough

Blog Entries
    they signed Husky, but then he had a family name, and that means a hell of a lot with Vince. (even if he won't let his 2nd and 3rd generation guys get over with their real names, not like it has ever worked before)

as far as Steen? does he have a chance? absolutely, but I think that chance gets exponentially better the more power shifts from Vince to Paul.

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Could they sign him? Of course. Will they sign him? We'll see. Do I believe they'll sign him? Highly unlikely. As much as I would like to see him given a fair chance at succeeding in a big company like WWE I just don't see it happening but I hope to be proven wrong.

Blog Entries
    Kevin Steen himself will never be in WWE.
    Will someone else similar to him be signed in the future? Who knows, time will tell I guess. WE'll have to wait an see what (if any) policies HHH will have in regards to signing new talent when he takes over WWE.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    they signed Husky, but then he had a family name, and that means a hell of a lot with Vince. (even if he won't let his 2nd and 3rd generation guys get over with their real names, not like it has ever worked before)

as far as Steen? does he have a chance? absolutely, but I think that chance gets exponentially better the more power shifts from Vince to Paul.
    yes but even though he was more athletic & has more wrestling skills then say mason ryan he was taken off TV to lose weight

I actually think Kevin Steen would be ruined by the WWE, everything about him is rough and ready and screams non-PG. Personally I don't think his size, or more importantly shape, would really hold him back. If they sign him it'll be after they've seen him.

Divas to believe in.

LOLNO.
    With Vince still stuck in the 80's and HHH the gym mark, there is no chance he'll get hired before he is past his prime.
    And even if he gets hired, he needs to loose fat, they'll say he can't work and have him waste years of his prime in developmental and once called up they will give him scripted promo's and you end up with a slimmed and watered down version of Kevin Steen.
    Probably past his prime too.
    That's of course assuming he would get out of developmental.

''Ricardo Rodriguez is the best character on WWE TV.''

Yes, he will be signed... And Renamed Bastion Booger 2.0... And be treated just as well.

I love Steen, but he doesn't fit that mold. He'd do better to take his talents to Japan (if he begins working a much stronger style, his indy work I am sure is already circulating in that region) or Heaven forbid TNA. I don't think TNA would use him proper either, but I think he has a better chance for success in that promotion that with WWE. Then again, I said Moxley had a better shot with TNA because he could have more control over his character, but I guess it's one of those "we'll see" type things. People like Steen and Callihan, in my opinion, are better off staying out of the WWE because they won't be allowed the creative liberties that they have with their characters now, hence they won't be as interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    I generally do not follow ROH but have seen few matches of Kevin Steen. I should say he's one hell of a guy. But, WWE will not take him or even if they take him he'll be stuck in midcard forever before he gets released.

But, TNA should sign the guy and immediately put him against JOE...

I really want to see JOE vs STEEN match!!!