Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What is it with Vince and Latinos?

I wanted to see if anybody else has noticed how Vince treats his Latino athletes. From Vickie Guerrero being put in a leadership role but being talked down to by Vince to the Primo and Epico now being the new Chavo's and having Hornswoggle mess with them. Why does Vince do that to his Latino talent? Can't he put Hornswoggle with a white wrestler? BTW I'm Latino.

Quote Originally Posted by aweso_me View Post
    I wanted to see if anybody else has noticed how Vince treats his Latino athletes. From Vickie Guerrero being put in a leadership role but being talked down to by Vince to the Primo and Epico now being the new Chavo's and having Hornswoggle mess with them. Why does Vince do that to his Latino talent? Can't he put Hornswoggle with a white wrestler? BTW I'm Latino.
    From what I read these last few promos with vickie were made up on the spot which is why she seemed to have no idea what was going on because he was trying to lead her into giving the right answers. And as far as Primo and Epico getting stuck with hornswaggle, I don't think its cause their latin I thing its just that their kind of popular but don't seem to be going anywhere. Same as Chavo, same as Jamie Nobel same as Slater. Its just a comedy sketch and something to keep them on tv
    When the Devil is to busy
    And Death's a bit to much
    They call on me by name you see, for my special touch

To the gentleman I'm Ms. Forture
    To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
    But call me by any name, any way it's all the same

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aweso_me View Post
    A few reasons

1. there is a lot of pressure to keep hispanic wrestlers featured, since the latino wrestling market is A) Fucking huge! and B) Seemingly impervious to the pressures of he economy. (No idea why, but that seems to be the case)

2. Vickie Guerrero's work is, as has been mentioned, largely off the cuff. Vince wanted to bring her in and teach her the business the right way, so he was actually leading her through her stuff, that added to the particularities of her character, kinda make it odd.

3. WWE is still Family entertainment, and kids love Hornswoggle, Vince makes cash every time that little guy is on screen, and I have heard the reaction at live events when he shows up, so featuring him is just milking the kid's market in time for Christmas presents. This is actually a pretty good sign for Primo and Epico, seeing as how the last team Hornswoggle was featured with for the season was DX (You remember, the white guys with all the green? How can you forget the program they did with him?)

Say my name and his in the same breath, I dare you to say they taste they same.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicksnuff17 View Post
    Remember Fit Finley ?
    I love the fact that this was the first comment! for the win!
    #TeamGeeky

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I love the fact that this was the first comment! for the win!
    I had a good laugh at that as well.

The Mexicools would be a much better argument for the mistreatment of latino talent than Vickie Guerrero or who's currently being sidled with 'Swoggle. That was an instance that didn't require any reading between the lines.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

I was just thinking that yesterday. I had Smackdown on after weeks of not watching and I laughed when Hornswoggle did the tadpole splash, and immediately thought "what is it with Hornswoggle beating latino jobbers?".

sin cara and mysterio and alberto del rio are doing pretty well so.......

Quote Originally Posted by helmsley View Post
    sin cara and mysterio and alberto del rio are doing pretty well so.......
    My thoughts exactly