Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by grave View Post
    santiona whc???? o hell no
    I'd have him as a World Champ over RyVD any day of the week.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I love Santino Marella. I think he makes a great face, and an even better heel (look at his work back in 07-08) and I love how much of the IWC and Fans alike are behind him. I feel Santino deserves a major title, but do you guys think its possible for Santino to somehow win a major title. Our do you think the way Santino has been built up with his comedic antics, that he could never be a world champion. But if you guys remember when he was in the Elimination Chamber, and was about to win the Royal Rumble the fans went crazy, and I'm sure they could have made a Santino win in one of those matches believable. And I'm pretty sure there would be plenty people who may get behind a Santino World Title Reign. Would you? And how would you accomplish this?
    He could win the whc title in a similiar fashion to how he won the intercontinental title on his first show.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Santino has tremendous wrestling skills and is extremely funny on the mic. Problem is WWE has fallen in love with the comedic side of Santino too much. The kids love him because of the cobra and the funny walks and moves he does inside the ring. I wouldn't mind seeing him get another run with a title but I don't see it happening anytime soon. He'll be used purely for comedic value and to draw merchandise sales.

Blog Entries
    As a heel, Santino was awesome. One of the greatest heels "of all the recent times" as he would say lol!
    Unfortunately, he's also a dab hand st playing a comedic character, and right now, that's paying dividends for WWE. He won't be able to use that persona for much longer IMO though without becoming stale (many will say he's already stale having had that gimmick for a while now).

Either way, I'm not sure if he's World Champion material. There's a lot of top talent in WWE right now, and a lot of good looking up and coming stars. For me, Santino's not going to get that World title.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

To turn Santino into a contender all he would need to do is:

Smackdown, US title match, Antonio Cesaro Vs. Santino. Obviously everyone is expecting a quick match and a Cesaro win but after 3 minutes it becomes apparent that Santino is putting up a real fight. The match runs on to 7 minutes and ends with Santino kicking out of the neutralizer before hitting his 3 moves of doom (rope whip to splits, hip toss and cobra) and getting the win.
    Cesaro rolls out of the ring quickly as Santino is presented the belt and takes mic. He proceeds to cut a promo sans accent about how he's sick of being comic relief, that he got into wrestling to win titles and he won't do as he's told anymore. Saninto Marella is no more.
    The next week 'Santino' comes out to new music and in new ring gear, that isn't covered in Italian flags, and introduces himself under his 'real name' of Joe Basko. He defends his title against Cesaro with a more technical and more aggressive style than we're used to from him and debuts a new finisher, some Judo derivative throw or submission.

From there you could book him however you like; face, heel, long US title reign or straight into MitB or the main event picture. He was so good in the Elimination Chamber (which I've just realised is a euphemism for toilet!) and I've always liked Judo so it makes me sad to see him wasted. Time to change it up WWE let Ryder take the comedy crown and Santino can shine.

Divas to believe in.

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    To turn Santino into a contender all he would need to do is:

Smackdown, US title match, Antonio Cesaro Vs. Santino. Obviously everyone is expecting a quick match and a Cesaro win but after 3 minutes it becomes apparent that Santino is putting up a real fight. The match runs on to 7 minutes and ends with Santino kicking out of the neutralizer before hitting his 3 moves of doom (rope whip to splits, hip toss and cobra) and getting the win.
    Cesaro rolls out of the ring quickly as Santino is presented the belt and takes mic. He proceeds to cut a promo sans accent about how he's sick of being comic relief, that he got into wrestling to win titles and he won't do as he's told anymore. Saninto Marella is no more.
    The next week 'Santino' comes out to new music and in new ring gear, that isn't covered in Italian flags, and introduces himself under his 'real name' of Joe Basko. He defends his title against Cesaro with a more technical and more aggressive style than we're used to from him and debuts a new finisher, some Judo derivative throw or submission.

From there you could book him however you like; face, heel, long US title reign or straight into MitB or the main event picture. He was so good in the Elimination Chamber (which I've just realised is a euphemism for toilet!) and I've always liked Judo so it makes me sad to see him wasted. Time to change it up WWE let Ryder take the comedy crown and Santino can shine.

While I like the idea, I would rather him take the title from a current face or "good friend" so to speak - Ryder to the sake of argument. Have them have a PPV match in which Santino does his best to mimic Piper from his battle with Bret. Santino struggles and debates within himself after a ref bump, only he chooses to use the weapon against his close friend. I thought that was the reason why Bobby Roode was slingshotted so high as a heel was because he seemed to crumble in his selfish need for the gold. I think Santino could pull out the same card and use it to help further his status in the WWE as well; to hell with all of those who would claim they ripped it from TNA. People are going to bitch about that until one company ceases to exist, so why not make the best out of it and use a successful idea to help further another one of your more popular wrestlers.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    While I like the idea, I would rather him take the title from a current face or "good friend" so to speak - Ryder to the sake of argument. Have them have a PPV match in which Santino does his best to mimic Piper from his battle with Bret. Santino struggles and debates within himself after a ref bump, only he chooses to use the weapon against his close friend. I thought that was the reason why Bobby Roode was slingshotted so high as a heel was because he seemed to crumble in his selfish need for the gold. I think Santino could pull out the same card and use it to help further his status in the WWE as well; to hell with all of those who would claim they ripped it from TNA. People are going to bitch about that until one company ceases to exist, so why not make the best out of it and use a successful idea to help further another one of your more popular wrestlers.
    Oooh, I like this too. I think Santino is sufficiently low on the card to get away with 'copying' what TNA did with Roode without too much fuss being made by the IWC. Off topic, but for what it's worth I don't mind the companies copying each other so long as it's either done better by the copier or was something good in the first place.

Divas to believe in.

I have to agree with you R Truth is vastly underrated. I like R Truth but they need to keep him as a heel. His best work was the nutty comedy character during his push to the main event with cena. He definitely has the wrestling ability to keep up with the top guys but as a face he's not going anywhere. They could do with a revamp of his character and bring back his Ron Killings persona which would be gold for the company considering how stale some stars have gotten. All in all pushing Truth is not the worst direction Vince could take.
    "The champ is here" - John Cena

Quote Originally Posted by MachoManFan View Post
    Oooh, I like this too. I think Santino is sufficiently low on the card to get away with 'copying' what TNA did with Roode without too much fuss being made by the IWC. Off topic, but for what it's worth I don't mind the companies copying each other so long as it's either done better by the copier or was something good in the first place.
    I don't mind them copying one another at all. It's professional wrestling; outside of killing a baby on live television and kicking a real puppy into the stands, what "new" things can the sport do that has not been done over the course of the last century? I agree that they should use ideas that are "better" than the one before, but it is also nice just to see something that hasn't been done in an extensive time period - DOC with the hammer / Magnus with the wrench for example. Using random objects has occurred for the longest time in wrestling, but the item choice makes it so much more entertaining because it's a gimmicked weapon you don't see as often as the tables or chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I don't mind them copying one another at all. It's professional wrestling; outside of killing a baby on live television and kicking a real puppy into the stands, what "new" things can the sport do that has not been done over the course of the last century? I agree that they should use ideas that are "better" than the one before, but it is also nice just to see something that hasn't been done in an extensive time period - DOC with the hammer / Magnus with the wrench for example. Using random objects has occurred for the longest time in wrestling, but the item choice makes it so much more entertaining because it's a gimmicked weapon you don't see as often as the tables or chairs.
    Quoted for truth. Bolded for Cena's heel turn!

Divas to believe in.