Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Steel Cage match blunders

Okay let me start this off by saying that I loved the steel cage match and that it was a great match. However to things just really struck me as not only weird, but really bad writing. The first problem I had is why would DOC bring back the key to the padlock when he went to attack Kurt Angle? It makes no sense unless you are trying to make DOC look like an idiot. The second problem I had is why wouldn't one of the referees relock the cage after Angle made it into the cage? Why keep it open and allow DOC who was still outside at the time the ability to interfere? These two things made absolutely no sense to me.
    Brad Maddox is the new face of the WWE!

The thing that made no since to me was stings return they played the videos hyping his return and his return was weak I was expecting him to have a grand return and then they reveal Mike Knox as a former wwe superstar like he was big there which he wasn't tna needs creative help

Sting should have came back by being lowered into the cage with the crow paint and the trench coat. that would have made a huge impact.

I'm dissapointed by this main event and by Sting's return. Also the annoucers should stop once and for all, always saying the "I know this guys he was in the WWE" thing, especially for Mike Knox who was only Rey Mysterio's jobber there...

They never said Mike Knox was a HUGE DEAL in WWE. At all. That was just their way of selling his identity ...What the hell else were they suppose to say. They said he was a former wwe star,which he was. Simple.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    They never said Mike Knox was a HUGE DEAL in WWE. At all. That was just their way of selling his identity ...What the hell else were they suppose to say. They said he was a former wwe star,which he was. Simple.
    This. People wouldn't care if they mentioned someone was from Ring of Honor, Ecw or WCW, but god forbid TNA mention WWE on TV and people moan. It's just like mentioning talents being former WWE champions, it just adds to that wrestler imo. WWE is the biggest wrestling company in history (the scale of the company cannot be argued) so associating a wrestler with them does help make that wrestler seem like a bigger name (in a way).

G
    GMU - UTID!

2012 - 2nd!

Quote Originally Posted by Lowki View Post
    This. People wouldn't care if they mentioned someone was from Ring of Honor, Ecw or WCW, but god forbid TNA mention WWE on TV and people moan. It's just like mentioning talents being former WWE champions, it just adds to that wrestler imo. WWE is the biggest wrestling company in history (the scale of the company cannot be argued) so associating a wrestler with them does help make that wrestler seem like a bigger name (in a way).
    Agreed. It shouldn't really matter where a guy has been before he's in TNA now and good for him i loved the pairing of Knox and Test on WWECW.

How many times has sting returned with the arena being blacked out and him appearing ? thats why he entered the way he did, it made him look good and made sense because he came from behind
    I wish I was sad and lonely enough to spam hate

I find it hard to take Aces and Eights seriously, when eight of them are in a ring; just took out two of the best wrestlers TNA has, get demolished by a guy.. with a bat... that they WATCHED get into the ring.

Also questioning where Garett and Wes were during the beatdown.
    Kaige Chamberlain
    Ballad of an Asshole

Former RTE Tag-Team Champion(w/ Xavier Hightower[1])
    Current EWNCW Tag-Team Champion (Solo; 3/30/14) [1]
    'Father' Black Angel:
    Preacher of the Voices

Winner of BotN[Seraphim]

I'm trying to be number one, why would I settle?
    @IWACreative_Parody Tweeter

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosephBanks View Post
    I find it hard to take Aces and Eights seriously, when eight of them are in a ring; just took out two of the best wrestlers TNA has, get demolished by a guy.. with a bat... that they WATCHED get into the ring.

Also questioning where Garett and Wes were during the beatdown.
    I read somewhere else at least the cage environment kinda made it much harder for them to maneuver than say,just coming at Sting one at a time,Which kinda makes sense. Still I figured just jump him at once.

I also think Sting had such a "Shit return" because they were already expecting the usual huge sting moment. So him just walking in was a surprise way of "Well Hello." out of nowheres. No music. No rafters. No lights out. Just next thing you know there's Sting.

And they were there. In the cage in full gear. Explains why Kurt said to stay out of the match away from the ring. Allows them to be with Ace's and 8's instead.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.