Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eddie Guerrero

12 57.14%
  • Chris Benoit

9 42.86%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eddie Guerrero or Chris Benoit

Okay random thread, but I was watching Vengeance 2003 when Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero wrestled each other in a truly great match. I know there history are very similar both got started in ECW where they put on classic techincal matches (along with Dean Malenko and 2 Cold Scorpio) and how they both went to WCW. Though Benoit would see more success there winning The WCW United States Championship and World Heavyweight Championship. But then both finally went to WWE and became two of the best pure wrestlers in the WWE. Both winning major titles, with Eddie Guerrero winning the WWE title, and Benoit winning the World Title. Both put on classic matches, and gave us great moments. But my question is (putting aside Benoit's despicable murder) what wrestler do you think was the best of the two overall. Which wrestler did you enjoy seeing more, week and an week out.

To me I enjoyed seeing Benoit more I thought his matches where better, and I lived the ruthless aggression he showed, and I always look forward to seeing how he would slap on the crossface. And his match at Wrestlemania with HHH and HBK will always be my favorite Wrestlemania match of all time. So yea Benoit gets my vote.

Blog Entries
    Though benoit is kind of a touchy topic for obvious reasons. the man was gold in the ring... He wasn't a looker, he wasn't a talker, he was a wrestler... and he did a darn good job at what he loved to do.
    #TeamGeeky

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Though benoit is kind of a touchy topic for obvious reasons. the man was gold in the ring... He wasn't a looker, he wasn't a talker, he was a wrestler... and he did a darn good job at what he loved to do.
    I know Benoit is touchy, but these two where literally two of the best technical wrestlers in the last 10 years. I just had to see which one everyone thinks is better.

Chris Benoit and Eddie Guerrero are two of my three favorite wrestlers of all-time. Their matches together are pure gold. They had a great chemistry together and was truly a pleasure seeing them wrestle each other and just simply wrestling in general. I would give the nod to Benoit because I enjoy his style just a lil bit better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AWrestlingGod View Post
    I know Benoit is touchy, but these two where literally two of the best technical wrestlers in the last 10 years. I just had to see which one everyone thinks is better.
    Unfortunately, you probably won't get your answer here, since too many people can't look past the Benoit case and judge the man for how great he was at what he did; wrestling. Too many will judge him based on his other actions no matter what, even those who enjoyed him in wrestling.

It's not a tough call for me though, for me Eddie Guerreo wins this.
    The man oozed charisma like no other, and he was extremely skilled in the ring. I'm of the opinion that had his career not been cut short, then he could have potentially gone on to be regarded as the greatest ever in the business.
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Both of these guys were incredible in the ring and WMXX's ending was perfect in every way.

But my name isn't no_1eddiefan for no reason. Eddie gets the nod from me.

Kyojin

Final ICW World Champion

eWN eFed Superstar of the Year 2012

ICW/IWA Superstar of the Year 2012

Final HWA Adrenaline Champion

Final EWNCW Rage Ignition Champion

Former EWNCW Tag Team Champion (as part of Hot Wasabi)

EWNCW Tag Team of the Year 2013 (as part of Hot Wasabi)

Former 2x IWA Endurance Champion

Former 2x ICW Insanity Champion

Benoit. People always have the touchy thing of what he did, but honestly, I am able to look past it (not disregard it, mind you), and judging from there, he had a better aura in the ring to me than Eddie did- despite his being from my hometown

I'm the guy in the back with the red wig.

Amateur Wrestling Record: 223-15

Ring Wars Carolina Achievements:
    2-time RWC No Limitz Champion (1 April 2012 - 8 September 2012; 2 November 2013 - 23 November 2013) [181 total days]
    1-time RWC Heavyweight Champion (11 May 2013 - 20 July 2013) [70 Days]

Benoit was technical. He was good at wrestling and had the stamina like none never seen before. What do you expect, coming from Stu Hart's dungeon. It was always a pleasure to see him wrestle, never boring. He always looked good and made his opponent look good as well. Eddie Guerrero was the same, less stamina, but my vote goes to Eddie Guerrero, because not only was he a damn good wrestler, he was entertaining as well. All his skits were freakin hilarious but he would back it up when it came to wrestling.

EDDIE GUERRERO!
    ​​​

IWA: Tenacious D(ave) and Dave "The Gunner" Steele
    The Official Poster Creator for the IWA

Quote Originally Posted by Asherdelampyr View Post
    If I could fuck the way Dave makes posters, I would become the most successful male whore in history. Seriously, my balls are clapping, well fucking done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandarius View Post
    For those who are too lazy to go to the front page ( ;D ), I have Dave's sexy PPV poster as my signature! Mad props to Dave!

Blog Entries
    Benoit was the better worker undoubtedly but Guerrero was the better total package.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimusSucks View Post
    Benoit was the better worker undoubtedly but Guerrero was the better total package.
    Oh god this. Both still my fav wrestlers of all time but Eddie is still my fav. Primus sums it up really. I really miss them both though ;_;