Page 9 of 100 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    yea, my friend and I often debate which band is better fatm or paramore... and his case is always that florence is not as good as a singer... which just happens to be an opinion, one that we disagree on so I get what you mean when you say you can't really be apologetic for things that you like. Do you like any bands lead by females? I know sometimes that's the problem people have with fatm.
    Paramore better than Florence? I wouldn't even be able to take that person seriously. That's like comparing a burger from McDonald's to some aged Kobe beef.

that's fair... I just didn't see the point in having them. I'm not saying they were super low points I did rate the album very highly.
    Maybe they wanted to write something that served as connective tissue for two other ideas. Not every thing a musician comes up with needs to be a full-blown song, especially so when it comes to prog-rock musicians filled to the gills with hallucinogens. Thoughts, ideas, and concepts can be fleeting. Excising said ideas just to adhere to some kind of standard length convention seems artistically and intellectually dishonest (and, frankly, kind of boring).

Also, albums without texture often feel like just random collections of songs instead of cohesive wholes. And I personally like artists who write albums, not bands that write just songs.

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

Banned
    Blog Entries
    FATM and Paramore are two different genres of music to be compared to. Paramore is pop Punk while FATM is a lot more indie rock. Two styles of singing and lyrics

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Paramore better than Florence? I wouldn't even be able to take that person seriously. That's like comparing a burger from McDonald's to some aged Kobe beef.

Maybe they wanted to write something that served as connective tissue for two other ideas. Not every thing a musician comes up with needs to be a full-blown song, especially so when it comes to prog-rock musicians filled to the gills with hallucinogens. Thoughts, ideas, and concepts can be fleeting. Excising said ideas just to adhere to some kind of standard length convention seems artistically and intellectually dishonest (and, frankly, kind of boring).

Also, albums without texture often feel like just random collections of songs instead of cohesive wholes. And I personally like artists who write albums, not bands that write just songs.
    That's fair two of my favorite albums do have songs that are meant to have transitions... the xx's first album has a song named intro, though it's long it's not really a song in it's self.. and the heroin diaries has a transitional called intermission. though I don't like those songs as much as the rest of the cd I guess I do have to admit they are very crucial parts of the albums cohesiveness.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

I just tried to imagine a Linkin Park album without transitions. That album would be 8 minutes long.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    I just tried to imagine a Linkin Park album without transitions. That album would be 8 minutes long.
    I have to be honest.. never been a big fan of linkin park... a lot of their music seems to be very radio driven.

#temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Not sure how I feel about Rage Against The Machine's new box set having more CD's than their entire Discography.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I had this discussion with a friend a few years ago and I guess I'd like to see you're opinions.

Who had the bigger influence in their genre?

Black Sabbath or Nirvana.

I love both bands but I have to go with Sabbath they pretty much created Heavy Metal for what it is

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyJose2391 View Post
    I had this discussion with a friend a few years ago and I guess I'd like to see you're opinions.

Who had the bigger influence in their genre?

Black Sabbath or Nirvana.

I love both bands but I have to go with Sabbath they pretty much created Heavy Metal for what it is
    I'd go for nirvana. nevermind is one of the greatest albums ever.

I have to be honest.. never been a big fan of linkin park... a lot of their music seems to be very radio driven.
    That's not exactly a revelation. I mean, they're a pop group who just happen to use metal, rap, and electronic flourishes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Not sure how I feel about Rage Against The Machine's new box set having more CD's than their entire Discography.
    yea, that seems like it could be a bad thing.