Page 75 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    You looked at the 2012 awards, was japandroids a 2012 album and would of been on the 2013 awards. Right?
    Yep. You're right. I always get thrown off because of how they go about recognizing 2012 stuff 2 months in 2013.

Looking over the '13 stuff, for which 'Celebration Rock' would most certainly be eligible, I still think it's silly that a lesser Coldplay album and Muse's most disappointing disc get the nod instead. But, really, it's a more solid group of contenders than the previous year. (That Kings of Leon nomination is blowing my mind, and I say that as somewhat of a fan. There are like 2 good songs on the entire record, and the rest of it is instantly forgettable. Phoned-in like a motherfucker.)

Click HERE for must see Iron Sheik: Very Animated People hilarity

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U)- 9.5
    Killer Is Dead (PS3)- 6.5
    Yoshi's New Island (3DS)- 7.5
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)- 8.5

Infamous: Second Son (PS4)- 9.5

You're right though, those albums were not anything worth talking about.
    Foo Fighters' 'Wasting Light' won the 2012 Best Rock Album, right?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Yep. You're right. I always get thrown off because of how they go about recognizing 2012 stuff 2 months in 2013.

Looking over the '13 stuff, for which 'Celebration Rock' would most certainly be eligible, I still think it's silly that a lesser Coldplay album and Muse's most disappointing disc get the nod instead. But, really, it's a more solid group of contenders than the previous year. (That Kings of Leon nomination is blowing my mind, and I say that as somewhat of a fan. There are like 2 good songs on the entire record, and the rest of it is instantly forgettable. Phoned-in like a motherfucker.)
    Sadly I think the more popular artists get the nods. I like kings of leon as well, but that album wasn't great by any means. This years winner was "El Camino" by The Black Keys was released in 2011, so I have no clue how it won the "2013" grammy for best rock album. though out of the albums nominated I think El Camino was the best album.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Blog Entries
    Foo Fighters' 'Wasting Light' won the 2012 Best Rock Album, right?
    Yea, it won best rock album in 2012. Also was nominated for best album but lost to 21 by Adele.

#temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

Sadly I think the more popular artists get the nods. I like kings of leon as well, but that album wasn't great by any means. This years winner was "El Camino" by The Black Keys was released in 2011, so I have no clue how it won the "2013" grammy for best rock album. though out of the albums nominated I think El Camino was the best album.
    I'd have to give it to Frank Ocean's 'Channel Orange'.

Yea, it won best rock album in 2012. Also was nominated for best album but lost to 21 by Adele.
    I actually really like 3 or 4 songs off that Adele album, and I'm not even usually a fan of that sort of mainstream pop vocal stuff. She just has an genuinely incredible voice.

That said, I liked the Foo Fighters record better. The album might not have any single track that hits quite as high as "Someone Like You", but they're all still pretty fantastic. Plus, 'Wasting Light' actually feels like a complete album whereas '21' just feels like a loose collection of songs, if that makes any sense.

Blog Entries
    I actually really like 3 or 4 songs off that Adele album, and I'm not even usually a fan of that sort of mainstream pop vocal stuff. She just has an genuinely incredible voice.

That said, I liked the Foo Fighters record better. The album might not have any single track that hits quite as high as "Someone Like You", but they're all still pretty fantastic. Plus, 'Wasting Light' actually feels like a complete album whereas '21' just feels like a loose collection of songs, if that makes any sense.
    Yea, I really like several tracks off the album 21. I think wasting light was a more complete album, but 21 winning didn't anger me by any means. I am not totally into her genre of music, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

Yea, I really like several tracks off the album 21. I think wasting light was a more complete album, but 21 winning didn't anger me by any means. I am not totally into her genre of music, but you have to give credit where credit is due.
    Honestly, the only thing I don't like about Adele is how popular she's gotten. And it's not that I begrudge her success; it's just that you can't turn the radio on in my kitchen without hearing "Rolling In The Deep" playing ad freakin' nauseum. I swear, that song is never not playing.

Blog Entries
    Honestly, the only thing I don't like about Adele is how popular she's gotten. And it's not that I begrudge her success; it's just that you can't turn the radio on in my kitchen without hearing "Rolling In The Deep" playing ad freakin' nauseum. I swear, that song is never not playing.
    Rolling In The Deep played so much on the radio it was unbearable for a while. I sometimes wonder if I'd like that song more if it wasn't so overplayed. I think the radios were just waiting for an artist like Adele to come along, and so when she did come... they overplayed her to the point that they annoyed many. Even with that being said, I'd rather listen to her than most prevalent radio friendly female vocalists.

Rolling In The Deep played so much on the radio it was unbearable for a while. I sometimes wonder if I'd like that song more if it wasn't so overplayed. I think the radios were just waiting for an artist like Adele to come along, and so when she did come... they overplayed her to the point that they annoyed many. Even with that being said, I'd rather listen to her than most prevalent radio friendly female vocalists.
    I definitely agree with ya. And I try keep that in mind every time she comes on. It's like, yeah, I've already heard Adele 12 times today...but, hey, at least it's not Rihanna, Gaga, or Katy Perry. Things could be worse.

Blog Entries
    I definitely agree with ya. And I try keep that in mind every time she comes on. It's like, yeah, I've already heard Adele 12 times today...but, hey, at least it's not Rihanna, Gaga, or Katy Perry. Things could be worse.
    Wait, wearing a meat dress doesn't put you on Iron Apes Ipod? haha I don't quite understand the appeal of those three artists and I am pretty tolerant of female artists. I assume it has to do with some sex appeal?