Page 53 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3 435152535455 63 ... LastLast
    Black Ninja!
    Dennis' favourite song is "call me maybe"

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I would probably share more love... though I wouldn't say I don't enjoy more artists in the past 20 years. I really enjoy bands like soundgarden, but none of their songs were better to me than the song I put at 100. I really like music, Finding 100 songs that I loved was not a challenge for me. I know for sure songs like lovesong by the cure and roxanne by the police would make it... I am thinking about doing a top 50 songs with out repeating artists over the next month or so... it will be tough but I think I can do it... If I do, will you actually read such a list? and critique it... I think that could be fun.

I would probably read it and provide feedback for sure - I wouldn't say critique because I can't correct you for having your opinion. I'd just suggest alternates or an outside point of view rather than tell you what you got right or wrong. I think more of a challenge would be for you to do a 80s rock list. Actually spend time listening to bands from the era and their music library, rather than just their most popular songs. If you wanted a more fun and enlightening challenge, go for the 60s & 70s because those decades had some stellar artists who put a lot of effort, time, and soul into cutting one album as opposed to holding onto enough content to fill a 3 record deal they just signed.

As for Soundgarden, I love Cornell’s work. The guy surprised me (in a good way) when he joining forces with Morello to make the first Audioslave album (I won't comment on the others). I thought his ship had passed once the Garden broke apart and I was glad that he could come together with a few artists who were craving the chance to write and produce music, but were being held back by ... Well, I'll avoid my stance on de la Rocha as an artist.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Black Ninja!
    Do the bump.

Blog Entries
    My favorite song is Everlong by foo fighters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    I would probably read it and provide feedback for sure - I wouldn't say critique because I can't correct you for having your opinion. I'd just suggest alternates or an outside point of view rather than tell you what you got right or wrong. I think more of a challenge would be for you to do a 80s rock list. Actually spend time listening to bands from the era and their music library, rather than just their most popular songs. If you wanted a more fun and enlightening challenge, go for the 60s & 70s because those decades had some stellar artists who put a lot of effort, time, and soul into cutting one album as opposed to holding onto enough content to fill a 3 record deal they just signed.

As for Soundgarden, I love Cornell’s work. The guy surprised me (in a good way) when he joining forces with Morello to make the first Audioslave album (I won't comment on the others). I thought his ship had passed once the Garden broke apart and I was glad that he could come together with a few artists who were craving the chance to write and produce music, but were being held back by ... Well, I'll avoid my stance on de la Rocha as an artist.
    I would have an interesting list of music right now. I might only listen to rock, but I listen to alot of sub genres that are not so well known. I think a top fifty list would be awesome... I am going to try to start making the list now, though I will probably only get 75 songs down and get bored or hang out with friends... and then decide which ones I like more than others ans add more songs later.

I think I would need someone to tell me great songs from any era pre nevermind. I was born in 1991 and there has been a ton of great music since 1991, so I haven't really had the need to find much great music before that.
    #TeamGeeky

Black Ninja!

I would have an interesting list of music right now. I might only listen to rock, but I listen to alot of sub genres that are not so well known. I think a top fifty list would be awesome... I am going to try to start making the list now, though I will probably only get 75 songs down and get bored or hang out with friends... and then decide which ones I like more than others ans add more songs later.

I think I would need someone to tell me great songs from any era pre nevermind. I was born in 1991 and there has been a ton of great music since 1991, so I haven't really had the need to find much great music before that.
    No! Its call me maybe. Everlong is your second favourite song...

Blog Entries
    No! Its call me maybe. Everlong is your second favourite song...
    No, my second favorite song is Little lion man... I do not mind call me maybe though. It's not a bad pop song. I don't like the song but I don't like the genre... There is no shame in anyone liking that song though, it's catchy.
    #TeamGeeky

Black Ninja!
    No, my second favorite song is Little lion man... I do not mind call me maybe though. It's not a bad pop song. I don't like the song but I don't like the genre... There is no shame in anyone liking that song though, it's catchy.
    Little lion man. nice song.

Just based off a Random Google Search, check out the following for 80s.

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...ists80pop.html <--- Exclude the Pop/Hip-Hop names

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Maveri...0s_rock_albums <--- Quality imo

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/gr...-80s-bands.asp <--- I figured you were a member of the site already, but check out the list

Anything based in the 70s would be a totally different Google search and would cost extra effort, which I am not going to exert at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

DRG hates everyone

Black Ninja!

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/page...ists80pop.html <--- Exclude the Pop/Hip-Hop names

http://www.the-top-tens.com/lists/gr...-80s-bands.asp <--- I figured you were a member of the site already, but check out the list

Anything based in the 70s would be a totally different Google search and would cost extra effort, which I am not going to exert at the moment.
    bing it!!!!!!!1111

Blog Entries
    Little lion man. nice song.
    It's a super awesome song. I love how it follows traditional meter. I love that it could stand as a piece of poetry (because it's written almost all in Iambic Pentameter) and the instrumental could almost stand alone as a song.

I am checking those sites out!!! it reminded me how much I love the song white wedding!
    #TeamGeeky