Page 52 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2 425051525354 62 ... LastLast
    Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    nope... but it's nine in the afternoon, and his eyes are the size of the moon.
    nopeeeeeeeeeeee it's 3.21 in the morning and he's on his own planet.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    nopeeeeeeeeeeee it's 3.21 in the morning and he's on his own planet.
    I was making a crappy song reference... I'm sorry haha
    #BeJelly

Black Ninja!
    I was making a crappy song reference... I'm sorry haha
    I don't know the crappy song

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    I don't know the crappy song
    Female friends make you listen to crappy music from time to time.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    I love Panic! At The Disco! Their first album is the best IMO
    HolyJose
    JBW WARFare World Television Champion-1 time
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 Time
    First Dual Champion in JBW History
    Alpha Revolution North American Heavyweight Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time
    JBW Champion-1 Time

Azrael
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyJose2391 View Post
    I love Panic! At The Disco! Their first album is the best IMO
    I do have to admit... I find myself singing along to their songs... they are so catchy dang it haha
    #BeJelly

I tend to give too much love to bands that I do like, I will admit that. To be fair though, those are songs that I like more than others. I didn't rate many songs by the same artist highly. I am now very curious on what you would come up with as your top 100 list. though, I'm guessing you will never really want to take the time to come up with such a list.

You're correct with the assumption. I couldn't, in good conscience, spent that much time scrolling back through the music catalog that I have listened to in the course of 29 years. Especially with the different phases of music I was into (from 20's & 30's music, to rap, to classical music, to the Rat Pack, to modern rock, to old country, etc.) at some point in my life.

And I understand the bias you have because it's your personal favorite style of music. But to have Grohl in 10 spots on the "Top 100" 1991-2013 is a little over kill and is more a reflection (to me at least) of how much you love the artist versus how one of his specific songs compare to the plethora of Rock tunes that have come out in a 20+ year time period. As I said, you can't be wrong because it's your own personal list. But from the information that was presented, my deduction stands that it's a "favorite 100 songs" from your favorite artists, and not Alternative Rock as a whole. This of course is just my opinion, which we all know by now, is utterly worthless around here.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    You're correct with the assumption. I couldn't, in good conscience, spent that much time scrolling back through the music catalog that I have listened to in the course of 29 years. Especially with the different phases of music I was into (from 20's & 30's music, to rap, to classical music, to the Rat Pack, to modern rock, to old country, etc.) at some point in my life.

And I understand the bias you have because it's your personal favorite style of music. But to have Grohl in 10 spots on the "Top 100" 1991-2013 is a little over kill and is more a reflection (to me at least) of how much you love the artist versus how one of his specific songs compare to the plethora of Rock tunes that have come out in a 20+ year time period. As I said, you can't be wrong because it's your own personal list. But from the information that was presented, my deduction stands that it's a "favorite 100 songs" from your favorite artists, and not Alternative Rock as a whole. This of course is just my opinion, which we all know by now, is utterly worthless around here.
    Yea, I have a ton of respect for Dave Grohl but I don't think that actually had much to do with me ranking them so highly. Though I see merit in your argumentation. I did have 30 artists on the list though, I think 30 bands are more than a lot of people would put on their top 100 list. I only listen to rock, so I wouldn't have the problem of having to look at other genres... though I didn't show enough love to bands like the cure or the police on my list... Which if I were ever to do it again (probably wont) I would put older rock songs on the list as well.. I think sonic youths song Teenage Riot was the only 80's song on the list... and that's only because I love that song.
    #BeJelly

Yea, I have a ton of respect for Dave Grohl but I don't think that actually had much to do with me ranking them so highly. Though I see merit in your argumentation. I did have 30 artists on the list though, I think 30 bands are more than a lot of people would put on their top 100 list. I only listen to rock, so I wouldn't have the problem of having to look at other genres... though I didn't show enough love to bands like the cure or the police on my list... Which if I were ever to do it again (probably wont) I would put older rock songs on the list as well.. I think sonic youths song Teenage Riot was the only 80's song on the list... and that's only because I love that song.
    So no Ramones, Bon Jovi, Lita Ford, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Queen, KISS, Motley Crue, Stevie Ray, ZZ Top, Tom Petty, Blue Oyster Cult, .38 Special, or Rush (Trust me, I could go on longer ) made your list? Not one of their songs were on there, but 10 Ghrol songs made it? And 30 Artists out of 100 isn't very many. I am sure that all the arists you picked would have more than likely made the list (a few might have made it two or three times) but you're basically saying that out of the past 20 years of rock, there have only been 30 bands to have made a song that you enjoy listening to. I'd hope you would redo the list at some point because I'd enjoy seeing if you stayed true to your original 30 artists or spread out the love to some other deserving songs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    So no Ramones, Bon Jovi, Lita Ford, Judas Priest, AC/DC, Queen, KISS, Motley Crue, Stevie Ray, ZZ Top, Tom Petty, Blue Oyster Cult, .38 Special, or Rush (Trust me, I could go on longer ) made your list? Not one of their songs were on there, but 10 Ghrol songs made it? And 30 Artists out of 100 isn't very many. I am sure that all the arists you picked would have more than likely made the list (a few might have made it two or three times) but you're basically saying that out of the past 20 years of rock, there have only been 30 bands to have made a song that you enjoy listening to. I'd hope you would redo the list at some point because I'd enjoy seeing if you stayed true to your original 30 artists or spread out the love to some other deserving songs as well.
    I would probably share more love... though I wouldn't say I don't enjoy more artists in the past 20 years. I really enjoy bands like soundgarden, but none of their songs were better to me than the song I put at 100. I really like music, Finding 100 songs that I loved was not a challenge for me. I know for sure songs like lovesong by the cure and roxanne by the police would make it... I am thinking about doing a top 50 songs with out repeating artists over the next month or so... it will be tough but I think I can do it... If I do, will you actually read such a list? and critique it... I think that could be fun.
    #BeJelly