Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 61 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    So you incorperated the Shirley Manson's with your Rob Thomas' then?

It makes sense in the aspect that it is your personal list and I've found most of your logic seems to be that of what sparks your interest in that given moment (my like my own impromptu moments of Shiny Object Syndrome ), but that seems to be such an isolated affair to be called "My Top 100 Songs" when it's solely directed towards just your "Alt Rock" genre you like the most. Perhaps it might not take as much time to compile when you put as many Dave Grohl and Rivers Cuomo songs as possible on the list, I couldn't help but incorporate a broader perspective when formulating "My Top 100 Songs" into a legible list.
    I don't know, I thought about it pretty long and hard. Plus some of the songs I had lists for beforehand. It ended up being Dave Grohl vs florence welch to be honest. beings their bands are my favorites.
    #BeJelly

To clarify, I am in no way saying that your list is not something that you shouldn't value for your own personal involvement in it, nor am I saying it in anyway should mean less to you than the effort and dedication you put into it.

My sole point with my previous post is that if I were to have the time to sit down and do a Top 100, it would probably include the likes of Bach to Joplin to George Strait. If I spent the time on it, I would want to do it from all aspects of music that I have listened to in my life. But that is just my own personal decision and is not reflective of your previous account.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    To clarify, I am in no way saying that your list is not something that you shouldn't value for your own personal involvement in it, nor am I saying it in anyway should mean less to you than the effort and dedication you put into it.

My sole point with my previous post is that if I were to have the time to sit down and do a Top 100, it would probably include the likes of Bach to Joplin to George Strait. If I spent the time on it, I would want to do it from all aspects of music that I have listened to in my life. But that is just my own personal decision and is not reflective of your previous account.
    No, I'm glad that you have that broad of a liking for music. I just don't like that many different artists outside of rock. I really like folk and certain types of pop (indie and power) but mostly I like rock, and more specifically I tend to lean towards alternative rock. Though at times I really like hard rock/metal...
    #BeJelly

Black Ninja!
    God damn disco!

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    God damn disco!
    You almost put me in a panic.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    No, I'm glad that you have that broad of a liking for music. I just don't like that many different artists outside of rock. I really like folk and certain types of pop (indie and power) but mostly I like rock, and more specifically I tend to lean towards alternative rock. Though at times I really like hard rock/metal...

But the thing is that the song (Top 100 Songs) stretch beyond that of the individual artist. A song like "Great Balls of Fire" by Jerry Lee Lewis, "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits, "Africa" by Toto, "Desperately Wanting" by Better than Ezra, or "If You Could Only See" by Tonic should not be reflective of the "quality" the artist is as a whole. Hence, my personal opinion of the band/members won't sway me one way or the other when determining if the song is a quality replay that I enjoy or if it's something that I could care less for. If this was the case, I'd probably give more credit to David Lee Roth’s "Just Like Paradise" from the Skyscraper album simply because I enjoyed his other work with Halen. Alas, I hated his work outside of Halen, but still give value to the song as one of the more memorable from the dying hair band days.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

DRG hates everyone

I like this sort of stuff.

Blog Entries
    But the thing is that the song (Top 100 Songs) stretch beyond that of the individual artist. A song like "Great Balls of Fire" by Jerry Lee Lewis, "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits, "Africa" by Toto, "Desperately Wanting" by Better than Ezra, or "If You Could Only See" by Tonic should not be reflective of the "quality" the artist is as a whole. Hence, my personal opinion of the band/members won't sway me one way or the other when determining if the song is a quality replay that I enjoy or if it's something that I could care less for. If this was the case, I'd probably give more credit to David Lee Roth’s "Just Like Paradise" from the Skyscraper album simply because I enjoyed his other work with Halen. Alas, I hated his work outside of Halen, but still give value to the song as one of the more memorable from the dying hair band days.
    I tend to give too much love to bands that I do like, I will admit that. To be fair though, those are songs that I like more than others. I didn't rate many songs by the same artist highly. I am now very curious on what you would come up with as your top 100 list. though, I'm guessing you will never really want to take the time to come up with such a list.
    #BeJelly

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    You almost put me in a panic.
    You love the discotech

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    You love the discotech
    nope... but it's nine in the afternoon, and his eyes are the size of the moon.
    #BeJelly