Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 57 97 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    They're Dennis' bread and butter.
    I do love me some lists!

Though I got angry when one of my friends asked me what my top 5 favorite Florence and the machine songs were... I couldn't figure it out... I felt like a jerk leaving any great songs out!
    Quote Originally Posted by B-MCINTYRE View Post
    lists are stupid.
    I disagree, it's a pretty easy way to list what you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Ron Garvin View Post
    How could you not have love for a band who can give us a song like this

I also have a pretty solid following for Rise Against

and the 116 Clique (Rap)

I like the rise against song alot actually.
    If there are generically sludgy guitars, uber-banal lyrics, and it sounds even vaguely like everything else currently getting played on modern rock radio, chances are that there are several EWNers who eat it right up.
    I do have to say that I'm not a huge fan of skillet for that reason. I like music that tends to not be so generic... but there is nothing wrong with loving semi generic music. the reason people write songs what sound like rise against and skillet is because it sounds good to a lot of people.
    #BeJelly

Black Ninja!
    "So, what were your thoughts in regards to ________'s new album?"

"I don't know, but it's currently 3 slots below my #5 of the year!"

"The insight. It's staggering."
    Outstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Hold onto that B Mac. It's all you're gonna get, you bloody galah
    I can live with that, Rob... I can live with that!

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!

Blog Entries
    "So, what were your thoughts in regards to ________'s new album?"

"I don't know, but it's currently 3 slots below my #5 of the year!"

"The insight. It's staggering."
    HAHAHAH. Not all lists don't have explanations behind them. Also I love to get in discussions about music, so if I ever make a list and you want to ask me why I put it where I did I would love to explain why.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    I'll be perfectly honest about music. I don't have a lot of time for new music. I used to, shit I was the guy all my friends came to to find out what was new and good. I had a lot more time then though. I do from time to time turn on to new stuff but I came to the understanding a long time ago, that for me - FOR ME - music isn't about a casual relationship. I can't just hold it's hand. I want to kiss it and lick it and fuck it. If I can't do that then I'd just as soon avoid it.

Plus I don't like a lot of the stuff that's popular now. I make no apologies for it. I like what I like and it's a bit old fashioned and the stuff that I do get into in more recent times tends to be much older stuff, like The Byrds or The Flying Burrito Brothers or Pacific Gas & Electric.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I find the music scene so overcrowded with same-y artists these days too. It's so watered down.

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I disagree, it's a pretty easy way to list what you like.
    But it's so subjective...

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    HAHAHAH. Not all lists don't have explanations behind them. Also I love to get in discussions about music, so if I ever make a list and you want to ask me why I put it where I did I would love to explain why.
    But I don't care why ______ is your #3 and _______ is your #2. There's nothing of real value to be gleaned from arranging your tastes like a drawer full of socks.

If you want to have a discussion involving music, why can't you just have one? Why does a list need to be the impetus for that?

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

I'll be perfectly honest about music. I don't have a lot of time for new music. I used to, shit I was the guy all my friends came to to find out what was new and good. I had a lot more time then though. I do from time to time turn on to new stuff but I came to the understanding a long time ago, that for me - FOR ME - music isn't about a casual relationship. I can't just hold it's hand. I want to kiss it and lick it and fuck it. If I can't do that then I'd just as soon avoid it.

Plus I don't like a lot of the stuff that's popular now. I make no apologies for it. I like what I like and it's a bit old fashioned and the stuff that I do get into in more recent times tends to be much older stuff, like The Byrds or The Flying Burrito Brothers or Pacific Gas & Electric.

I don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I find the music scene so overcrowded with same-y artists these days too. It's so watered down.

I think it's just stuck in the same aspect as any form of media. Stories and Novels tend to have the same overlap in their basic synapses; Good guy over comes the traumatic event to become a functioning member. Movies all seem to run together with the only difference being that of the names on the credits. Some will like it more than others. Some will stay true to the origins of the story (Comics to Movies aspect) based on their personal connection to each story.

Music runs the same for me in that I might be a fan of Guns N Roses early work but it's tied into my life’s experience and the person I was becoming at the time. In no way do I credit them to being a revolution in the way music is understood or translated, but their songs were with me in the formulation of me as the person I am today. I care not about how shitty of a person Axel is, or how Slash is "over rated" because others opinions don't change the personal relationship I have with a song, group, or genre. It's all open to the interpretation of the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by akbar View Post
    I'd rather masturbate to your picture of Carnage.

DRG hates everyone

Blog Entries
    Here's a list of my favourite users

1.Robstar
    2. Iron Ape
    3. Robstar
    4. Robstor
    5. Daniel walkerin

Black Ninja!
    Here's a list of my favourite users

1.Robstar
    2. Iron Ape
    3. Robstar
    4. Robstor
    5. Daniel walkerin
    I expected to see Grandma Ape on this list, I'm a bit disappointed...

Blog Entries

I think there are still a ton of great bands in the main stream. I get not having enough time for newer stuff, but I wouldn't say that music nowadays is watered down. Sure we have our crap bands, but every generation has them. We just have an abundance of ways to get a hold of music now, which allows people to listen to all that crap... Plus people like to mock crap, which leads to that same crap getting more youtube hits and gains more popularity. We have a ton of great artists in this generation though, The black keys are great, foo fighters are awesome, and bands like silversun pickups can match other bands what were like them in the past. Me and my friend were talking about what people tend to like, and he pointed to a study that said that the music you like when you are roughly our age... tends to be the music you like for the rest of your life. That makes sense to me, most old people around me love acdc and stuff like that... the music they liked when they were younger.
    But it's so subjective...
    Peoples opinions tend to be pretty subjective.
    #BeJelly