Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 50 90 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post

This actually is not that bad..Could get into this

IWA Revolution Creative Team

IWA/WWE

Last Ever IWA Vanities Champion: Juno Mercury!

2013: Women's Wrestler of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    2013: Vanity of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    #RaptureBitch

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPunk View Post
    This actually is not that bad..Could get into this

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Blog Entries

Alice In Chains latest effort "Hollow". While it's not horrible, it's certainly not much of a departure. I thought they had another singer but as usual, all I can hear is Jerry Cantrell hogging the vocal line. It's just....featureless. Lacking in high and low points.

The unfortunate thing that happens in so many bands is when you have one member who is the creative force, they tend to take over completely. I call it Lenny Kravitz syndrome; here's a guy who writes and plays everything himself and he's very talented - to a point. However, not allowing the ideas of others or letting your songs be shaped by the jamming process severely limits what you can produce. Sometimes you need new eyes and ears to keep it fresh.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post

Alice In Chains latest effort "Hollow". While it's not horrible, it's certainly not much of a departure. I thought they had another singer but as usual, all I can hear is Jerry Cantrell hogging the vocal line. It's just....featureless. Lacking in high and low points.

The unfortunate thing that happens in so many bands is when you have one member who is the creative force, they tend to take over completely. I call it Lenny Kravitz syndrome; here's a guy who writes and plays everything himself and he's very talented - to a point. However, not allowing the ideas of others or letting your songs be shaped by the jamming process severely limits what you can produce. Sometimes you need new eyes and ears to keep it fresh.
    The bold summarized my feelings on this song. that reeked of staleness. I didn't want to shut it off because I wanted to give an honest critique and it wasn't toxic to my ears, but I did want to turn it off and just remember all the much better, and less stale music they created in the past. Not that I'm a huge fan of theirs to begin with.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post

I've got to agree while I do like this song it just sounds like any other Alice in Chains song. I agree you need to work together to keep things fresh and interesting.
    HolyJose
    JBW WARFare World Television Champion-1 time
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 Time
    First Dual Champion in JBW History
    Alpha Revolution North American Heavyweight Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time
    JBW Champion-1 Time

Azrael
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time

Blog Entries
    Thought I'd start some discussion on particular songs that I like that are by bands that are less talked about in this thread. so I thought I'd start out with one of my favorite alternative gems by the band Phoenix called lisztomania. It's super catchy, original sounding, and has a chorus that I will sing off and on for hours. because I'm not easily offended. What do you guys think of this song?
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Thought I'd start some discussion on particular songs that I like that are by bands that are less talked about in this thread. so I thought I'd start out with one of my favorite alternative gems by the band Phoenix called lisztomania. It's super catchy, original sounding, and has a chorus that I will sing off and on for hours. because I'm not easily offended. What do you guys think of this song?
    I ain't even gonna lie, that track is the bomb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaz11 View Post
    I ain't even gonna lie, that track is the bomb.
    clever word play there shaz! I hear the song once... and I will be singing it all weekend. I like the meter of this song alot.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!

Black Ninja!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    That's DRG's favourite.

To hell with insincerity. Fuck you!