Page 40 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 993
  1. #391
    Black Ninja! AshleyPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    8,000
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post

    This actually is not that bad..Could get into this


    IWA Revolution Creative Team

    WWE/IWA

    IWA Vanities Champion: Juno Mercury!

    2013: Women's Wrestler of the year Juno Mercury (IWA)
    2013: Vanity of the Year Juno Mercury (IWA)
    #RaptureBitch

     


  2. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPunk View Post
    This actually is not that bad..Could get into this





    The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

  3. #393
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    23,418
    Blog Entries
    3


    Alice In Chains latest effort "Hollow". While it's not horrible, it's certainly not much of a departure. I thought they had another singer but as usual, all I can hear is Jerry Cantrell hogging the vocal line. It's just....featureless. Lacking in high and low points.

    The unfortunate thing that happens in so many bands is when you have one member who is the creative force, they tend to take over completely. I call it Lenny Kravitz syndrome; here's a guy who writes and plays everything himself and he's very talented - to a point. However, not allowing the ideas of others or letting your songs be shaped by the jamming process severely limits what you can produce. Sometimes you need new eyes and ears to keep it fresh.

  4. #394
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    15,872
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post

    Alice In Chains latest effort "Hollow". While it's not horrible, it's certainly not much of a departure. I thought they had another singer but as usual, all I can hear is Jerry Cantrell hogging the vocal line. It's just....featureless. Lacking in high and low points.

    The unfortunate thing that happens in so many bands is when you have one member who is the creative force, they tend to take over completely. I call it Lenny Kravitz syndrome; here's a guy who writes and plays everything himself and he's very talented - to a point. However, not allowing the ideas of others or letting your songs be shaped by the jamming process severely limits what you can produce. Sometimes you need new eyes and ears to keep it fresh.
    The bold summarized my feelings on this song. that reeked of staleness. I didn't want to shut it off because I wanted to give an honest critique and it wasn't toxic to my ears, but I did want to turn it off and just remember all the much better, and less stale music they created in the past. Not that I'm a huge fan of theirs to begin with.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

     

     

     

    Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

  5. #395
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    8,515
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post


    Alice In Chains latest effort "Hollow". While it's not horrible, it's certainly not much of a departure. I thought they had another singer but as usual, all I can hear is Jerry Cantrell hogging the vocal line. It's just....featureless. Lacking in high and low points.

    The unfortunate thing that happens in so many bands is when you have one member who is the creative force, they tend to take over completely. I call it Lenny Kravitz syndrome; here's a guy who writes and plays everything himself and he's very talented - to a point. However, not allowing the ideas of others or letting your songs be shaped by the jamming process severely limits what you can produce. Sometimes you need new eyes and ears to keep it fresh.
    I've got to agree while I do like this song it just sounds like any other Alice in Chains song. I agree you need to work together to keep things fresh and interesting.

  6. #396
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    15,872
    Blog Entries
    10
    Thought I'd start some discussion on particular songs that I like that are by bands that are less talked about in this thread. so I thought I'd start out with one of my favorite alternative gems by the band Phoenix called lisztomania. It's super catchy, original sounding, and has a chorus that I will sing off and on for hours. because I'm not easily offended. What do you guys think of this song?
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

     

     

     

    Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

  7. #397
    Black Ninja! Shaz11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Spliff City
    Posts
    10,386
    Blog Entries
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Thought I'd start some discussion on particular songs that I like that are by bands that are less talked about in this thread. so I thought I'd start out with one of my favorite alternative gems by the band Phoenix called lisztomania. It's super catchy, original sounding, and has a chorus that I will sing off and on for hours. because I'm not easily offended. What do you guys think of this song?
    I ain't even gonna lie, that track is the bomb.

     
    Shaz
    Former IWA Champion (29/11/12 - 17/6/13)
    2x MITB briefcase holder
    4x ICW Insanity Champion
    EWNCW Evolution Champion (11/12/13 - Present)
    Former EWNCW Rage Ignition Champion (6/3/12 - 12/11/12)
    IWA/ICW Mid-Carder of the Year 2012

    The Wrecking Crew

    TeYanna
    IWA Vanity Champion (27/10/13 - Present)

    Usain Kingston
    Shark of the Year
    Promo of the Year

     


  8. #398
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    15,872
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaz11 View Post
    I ain't even gonna lie, that track is the bomb.
    clever word play there shaz! I hear the song once... and I will be singing it all weekend. I like the meter of this song alot.
    Disciple of Asher Presents - DEATH BUNNY

     

     

     

    Quote Originally Posted by NiallF96 View Post
    #temamodest are the nicest people aboit. get outa here team ego! its not that my spelling gets shit when ikm drunk, just that i canr be bothered correctin the many mistakes i make while typing !

  9. #399
    Black Ninja! Tommy Thunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    25,082
    Blog Entries
    1
    Want to join EWN's original e-fed? Join EWNCW NOW!
    Want details? Just ask me!


  10. #400
    Black Ninja!
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The Shovel Shop
    Posts
    14,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    That's DRG's favourite.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.