Page 37 of 101 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 47 87 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Can I just interject here and mention this young band I discovered recently from where I live here in Melbourne. They're a (mostly) instrumental jazz/funk type of thing that really impressed me. This is the song that first grabbed me.

that sounds awesome.
    I quite liked Apple at first but I kinda grew out of all that self loathing, navel gazing, endlessly contemplating stuff. I mean, that stuff is fine and dandy when you're younger but you come to discover that that sort of 'artistry' (songwriting, poetry, art etc) is not the gateway to enlightenment or understanding the pain of life that you once romantically dreamed it might be. It's really just the wallowing in the pit of misery that it appears to be on the surface and holds few, if any answers.

But hey, whatever blows your skirt up.
    that reminds me of staind... I use to think that bad was pretty solid, then I came to the realization that every song is very whiny. I should say every good song of theres is whinny.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    It's simple yet really powerful and she can connect with the listener really well. Her last album was one of my 2012 favorites because of the imagery in her songs is one of the most endearing things about her, and the raw emotion in her voice is something we don't see a lot.
    I honestly thought she'd left the biz until she got arrested for something recently

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I honestly thought she'd left the biz until she got arrested for something recently
    I didn't like the 2005 album, but The Idler Wheel is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do feels so natural and nothing there sounds like the result of pre-production planning.

As far as last year goes, for Ape, Deftone's Koi No Yokan album is one of my favorites last year and Godspeed You! Black Emperor's
    Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend! is a post rock gem.
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    That's fair... I guess I have overlooked entire genres before because I use to like kind of terrible music.... I'm curious on what your top five favorite bands might be because I have a feeling, similiar to jose, that your music will be of a wide spectrum.
    Off the top of my head, it's probably something like this:

- Thrice
    - Soul Coughing
    - Deftones
    - Nine Inch Nails
    - The Roots

The runners-up would probably be the guys from At The Drive In (who split off to form The Mars Volta and Sparta, both bands that I also love).

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Watch Dogs (PS4)- 6.5
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post

- Thrice
    - Soul Coughing
    - Deftones
    - Nine Inch Nails
    - The Roots

The runners-up would probably be the guys from At The Drive In (who split off to form The Mars Volta and Sparta, both bands that I also love).
    probably to no surprise to you I have only heard 2 of your 5 bands before. haha I was a big fan of NIN when I was younger, because my mother really loves them... I do find it funny that johnny cash gets pretty much all credit for the song "hurt" when trent reznor wrote the song.

I guess I have also listened to the mars volta because you suggested it, I remember that being a pretty stellar album threw and threw.

Independent thought, you said you like florence and the machine, do you have a preference on songs or album... I tend to like lungs slightly better. I really like the song No light, No light though. her version on snl might be the best live video I have ever seen by an artist in recent history.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post

- Thrice
    - Soul Coughing
    - Deftones
    - Nine Inch Nails
    - The Roots

Backstreet Boys and The Roots!
    HolyJose
    JBW WARFare World Television Champion-1 time
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 Time
    First Dual Champion in JBW History
    Alpha Revolution North American Heavyweight Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time
    JBW Champion-1 Time

Azrael
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyJose2391 View Post

Backstreet Boys and The Roots!
    I'm not surprised that you decided to post a backstreet boys live event haha. Just in curiosity what are your top five boy bands?
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I'm not surprised that you decided to post a backstreet boys live event haha. Just in curiosity what are your top five boy bands?
    1)Backstreet Boys (duh)
    2)Westlife
    3)N'Sync
    4)98 Degrees
    5)Big Time Rush
    Last edited by HolyJose2391; 01-07-2013 at 12:41 AM.
    HolyJose
    JBW WARFare World Television Champion-1 time
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 Time
    First Dual Champion in JBW History
    Alpha Revolution North American Heavyweight Champion-1 time
    JBW Champion-1 Time

Azrael
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 time

What about just favorite artist not top five artist or bands? Mine would have to be a guy named Woodie,an underground Northen Cali rapper who had gang ties and lived a crime filled life,only to supposedly take his own life in 2007 after his two closest friends got caught up in what was widely percieved as less than true dealings with police. He's someone that talks about alot of mental pain,stress and struggle ,and I certainly can relate . Plus he really is a true lyricist that has a real way with words.

Here is a prime example of classic Woodie:

Last edited by SouthernBlood; 01-07-2013 at 01:32 AM.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    What about just favorite artist not top five artist or bands? Mine would have to be Woodie,an underground Northen Cali rapper who had gang ties and lived a crime filled life,only to supposedly take his own life in 2007 after his two closest friends got caught up in what was widely percieved as less than true dealings with police. He's someone that talks about alot of mental pain,stress and struggle ,and I certainly can relate . Plus he really is a true lyricist that has a real way with words.
    If I had to choose a top band/artist I would go with foo fighters... they are solid all the way around. From a very sexual song like all my life, to a very deep song like everlong... they seem to be able to do everything. Plus there is so much talent in the band it's insane. I can easily choose a top ten for them... which is hard to do for most artists for me (with the exclusion of like incubus or florence and the machine)
    #TeamGeeky