Page 33 of 101 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 43 83 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    Well I should have said "In that instance" ,cuz I really really hate bohemian rhapsody...Hate it so much I refuse to acknowledge it as a proper noun...Somebody To Love....On the other hand...
    If you'd gotten my original point, you wouldn't be on this unnecessary tangent. It's not about the song or the repetitive nature of it, it's about if you listen to a song like Girls, how can there be so many writers when there is so few layers? It took that many people to work that out? Whatever you may think of Bohemian Rhapsody, I don't think you can deny it is well written, even though it may not be to your tastes. And a song like BR can be broken down and studied in pieces - as can Somebody To Love or Seven Seas Of Rhye or Don't Stop Me Now or whatever. The particular song doesn't matter. The artistic ability to write a song is what matters. And less and less people are doing it themselves or they're choosing a different songwriting method - like using a computer to assemble a tune. Nothing wrong with that. But from someone who has actually written songs, let me tell you, building a song piece by piece, layer by layer is not anywhere near the same as discovering a tune through jamming and feeling, then filling out the rest later on. And I think people can connect with that so much more because it was borne from feeling, as opposed to stuff like 'doof doof' crap which might get you moving on the dancefloor but won't alter your consciousness in any lasting positive way, at no time and in no stretch of the imagination. That's it in a nutshell.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    If you'd gotten my original point, you wouldn't be on this unnecessary tangent. It's not about the song or the repetitive nature of it, it's about if you listen to a song like Girls, how can there be so many writers when there is so few layers? It took that many people to work that out? Whatever you may think of Bohemian Rhapsody, I don't think you can deny it is well written, even though it may not be to your tastes. And a song like BR can be broken down and studied in pieces - as can Somebody To Love or Seven Seas Of Rhye or Don't Stop Me Now or whatever. The particular song doesn't matter. The artistic ability to write a song is what matters. And less and less people are doing it themselves or they're choosing a different songwriting method - like using a computer to assemble a tune. Nothing wrong with that. But from someone who has actually written songs, let me tell you, building a song piece by piece, layer by layer is not anywhere near the same as discovering a tune through jamming and feeling, then filling out the rest later on. And I think people can connect with that so much more because it was borne from feeling, as opposed to stuff like 'doof doof' crap which might get you moving on the dancefloor but won't alter your consciousness in any lasting positive way, at no time and in no stretch of the imagination. That's it in a nutshell.
    I didn't take it like that... most songs are repetitive by nature...
    #BeJelly

No,you can think I didn't til the day you die but I got the point...The fact is something like that Beyonce song isn't going to have as many layers at all. I still think youre missing the point I'm making actually.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

All I mean is I think you used a bad example for the point you were making.

Blog Entries
    No,you can think I didn't til the day you die but I got the point...The fact is something like that Beyonce song isn't going to have as many layers at all. I still think youre missing the point I'm making actually.
    DUDE! The point is, and we agree on, that that Beyonce song has fewer layers and MORE writers AND producers! Don't you think that's at all ironic and kind of a little backwards? Henceforth - what is wrong with some music today. How is that a bad example?

DUDE! The point is, and we agree on, that that Beyonce song has fewer layers and MORE writers AND producers! Don't you think that's at all ironic and kind of a little backwards? Henceforth - what is wrong with some music today. How is that a bad example?
    Because songs like that ARE going to be more repetive and less layered 9 times out of ten.

Blog Entries
    Because songs like that ARE going to be more repetive and less layered 9 times out of ten.
    can you clarify the bold please?
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    can you clarify the bold please?
    Beyonce style dance hip hop/pop,for lack of a better word.

Blog Entries
    But.........shouldn't more participating parties in the songwriting make it a better song? I'm not at all addressing the repetitive manner of the song. Not AT ALL. Aside from the fact that there are only 3 different lyric lines and six writers, all these "writers" are doing is dropping a beat in here or throwing an idea in for a sample there while several different producers arrange, layer and mix each others versions until you have a finished product. And they want to lay claim to being a "songwriter" then? Give me a break! You had a snippet of a half of an idea! That's not making music that's paint by numbers. With help. From a team.
    So, sorry SouthernBlood but your fixation on the repetitive nature of the song was nowhere near what I was talking about. So, you can plainly see now - you missed the point, didn't you? My point was about how ONE MAN can write and arrange ONE SONG all on his lonesome and anything else is - not bad, necessarily - but much lazier and involving nowhere near as much talent. But again, not about repetition or even the song itself. The topic is creativity - not splitting hairs.

But.........shouldn't more participating parties in the songwriting make it a better song? I'm not at all addressing the repetitive manner of the song. Not AT ALL. Aside from the fact that there are only 3 different lyric lines and six writers, all these "writers" are doing is dropping a beat in here or throwing an idea in for a sample there while several different producers arrange, layer and mix each others versions until you have a finished product. And they want to lay claim to being a "songwriter" then? Give me a break! You had a snippet of a half of an idea! That's not making music that's paint by numbers. With help. From a team.
    So, sorry SouthernBlood but your fixation on the repetitive nature of the song was nowhere near what I was talking about. So, you can plainly see now - you missed the point, didn't you? My point was about how ONE MAN can write and arrange ONE SONG all on his lonesome and anything else is - not bad, necessarily - but much lazier and involving nowhere near as much talent. But again, not about repetition or even the song itself. The topic is creativity - not splitting hairs.
    Lol,really,I knew what you meant all along,Never was I not realizing what you meant by less writers than = more creative...Regardless of it maybe not being easy to see.I know you werent speaking of repetitive nature. I was. I completely understand more writers should equal more creativity ,but No I guess that's not always the case. I knew what you meant from the first time I looked at this,.

I told you the other day I'm a guy that's nowheres near easy to understand,lol.