Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 42 82 ... LastLast
    You can't compare R N B or whatever you call Beyonce's style to 80s rock...Not to mention I hate Bohemian Rhapsody and think its way too drawn out anyways.

The higher I go, the crookeder it becomes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    The problem is it's such a flooded market now, more than ever. So, there's just more crap to water down the good stuff. And creativity suffers. Great example;
    But do you really think beyonce is the artist that people will think of in 20 years when they think of this generation?
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBlood View Post
    You can't compare R N B or whatever you call Beyonce's style to 80s rock...Not to mention I hate Bohemian Rhapsody and think its way too drawn out anyways.
    Not sure you could have missed that point by a wider margin SB....

Blog Entries
    That's true as well... it would be similar to comparing The pretender by the foo fighters to something like achy breaky heart.
    Edit: but I think robstar was being slightly broader and just giving an example of popular music from different eras
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    But do you really think beyonce is the artist that people will think of in 20 years when they think of this generation?
    Yes, quite definitely she will be up there. Frankly I'd rather her than Nicky Minaj. There's not much wrong with what Beyonce does, but look at the difference to how music is made today. Where's the heart? Where's the soul?

Blog Entries
    Yes, quite definitely she will be up there. Frankly I'd rather her than Nicky Minaj. There's not much wrong with what Beyonce does, but look at the difference to how music is made today. Where's the heart? Where's the soul?
    I think there alot of bands with soul... but yea, I do agree that there is alot more industry in music today... though I don't know if that's lead to a decline of music... though it should be said I listen to alot of indie/alternative rock that is less effected by industry's influence
    #BeJelly

Not sure you could have missed that point by a wider margin SB....
    No I perfectly understand the more writers less substance theory...I dont think YOU could have missed my point more actually...

To further elaborate....Songs like Beyonce's here are ALWAYS going to be much more repetitive and less substance filled than something like Queen...I guess the best word to describe this song of hers is "Hip hop pop." I think Bohemian Rhapsody shouldn't be as long as it is anyways so some of that "creativity",should def not be there in my opinion...Besides...I hate the song so I disagree that less writers is a better thing.

Blog Entries
    To further elaborate....Songs like Beyonce's here are ALWAYS going to be much more repetitive and less substance filled than something like Queen...I guess the best word to describe this song of hers is "Hip hop pop." I think Bohemian Rhapsody shouldn't be as long as it is anyways so some of that "creativity",should def not be there in my opinion...Besides...I hate the song so I disagree that less writers is a better thing.
    Everlong by foo fighters had only one writer... that's a great song with a ton of meaning.
    #BeJelly

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Everlong by foo fighters had only one writer... that's a great song with a ton of meaning.
    Well I should have said "In that instance" ,cuz I really really hate bohemian rhapsody...Hate it so much I refuse to acknowledge it as a proper noun...Somebody To Love....On the other hand...