Page 31 of 101 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 41 81 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    decided to watch Florence and the machine's mtv unplugged session. that band is just awesome. Grind I looked on spotify for that album and couldn't find it... I'm going to try to find it but it might take me a little longer to get a review on that album for that reason.
    Take it easy, man, there's no hurry at all. Glad you liked Unleashed.

I leave this for everyone's consideration. I'm in a Viking Metal band (that label is wrong, as they throw in bands with different styles just because they sing about Vikings) and we're considering covering a song that has nothing to do with the style, such as House of the Rising Sun by The Animals.

Do you like when a group makes a cover of a radically different style or you just plain think they destroy the original? I leave you an example in the form of Losing my Religion revised by melodic Black Metal band Graveworm:

Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

Find all the EWNCW links here.

The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

Also check TWE!!

Blog Entries
    Are they all apart of bands? or are they solo artists?
    From the bands Blondie, Heart and Garbage respectively.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind_Bastard View Post
    Take it easy, man, there's no hurry at all. Glad you liked Unleashed.

I leave this for everyone's consideration. I'm in a Viking Metal band (that label is wrong, as they throw in bands with different styles just because they sing about Vikings) and we're considering covering a song that has nothing to do with the style, such as House of the Rising Sun by The Animals.

Do you like when a group makes a cover of a radically different style or you just plain think they destroy the original? I leave you an example in the form of Losing my Religion revised by melodic Black Metal band Graveworm:

I think metal and punk do the best with covering songs from different genre's because they tend to be so much different. one of my favorite covers is lillasyster singing umbrella...originally a pop song.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    ed sheerman is opening for taylor swift... hand meets face.
    #TeamGeeky

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Torrented the new Axewound album to give it a listen since it is a British and Canadian supergroup and the Bullet for my Valentine vocals killed it for me , but I did like some of the instrumental work
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    Torrented the new Axewound album to give it a listen since it is a British and Canadian supergroup and the Bullet for my Valentine vocals killed it for me , but I did like some of the instrumental work
    Do you just not like his voice or something? I don't mind his voice but it isn't the greatest... it works pretty well for bfmv though.
    #TeamGeeky

Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Do you just not like his voice or something? I don't mind his voice but it isn't the greatest... it works pretty well for bfmv though.
    I was fine with BFMV BEFORE Fever came out, I just don't really think Axewound is going to do all that well. The musical parts of the song are ok, I just am not a fan of the lyrics and think the voice stands out
    #BennysTeddy

Efedding

Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    I was fine with BFMV BEFORE Fever came out, I just don't really think Axewound is going to do all that well. The musical parts of the song are ok, I just am not a fan of the lyrics and think the voice stands out
    I'm not a huge fan of BFMV but I like some of their music though.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    I have said this before on this site and many have agreed but I'm wondering what you guys think... Do you think this generation of music is semi underrated? I mean if you overlook the crap and just look for quality there is alot to be found. I might even say it's as good other previous generations... they had sublime we have streetlight manifesto... they had nirvana we have foo fighters... etc etc etc.
    #TeamGeeky

Blog Entries
    I have said this before on this site and many have agreed but I'm wondering what you guys think... Do you think this generation of music is semi underrated? I mean if you overlook the crap and just look for quality there is alot to be found. I might even say it's as good other previous generations... they had sublime we have streetlight manifesto... they had nirvana we have foo fighters... etc etc etc.
    The problem is it's such a flooded market now, more than ever. So, there's just more crap to water down the good stuff. And creativity suffers. Great example;