Page 31 of 101 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 41 81 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 1004
  1. #301
    Black Ninja! Grind_Bastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In the torture chamber
    Posts
    6,795
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    decided to watch Florence and the machine's mtv unplugged session. that band is just awesome. Grind I looked on spotify for that album and couldn't find it... I'm going to try to find it but it might take me a little longer to get a review on that album for that reason.
    Take it easy, man, there's no hurry at all. Glad you liked Unleashed.

    I leave this for everyone's consideration. I'm in a Viking Metal band (that label is wrong, as they throw in bands with different styles just because they sing about Vikings) and we're considering covering a song that has nothing to do with the style, such as House of the Rising Sun by The Animals.

    Do you like when a group makes a cover of a radically different style or you just plain think they destroy the original? I leave you an example in the form of Losing my Religion revised by melodic Black Metal band Graveworm:



     
    Join the Best e-fed, EWNCW!! Send a PM to Tommy Thunder, Kingstrem, TheJosephBanks, S.E.Zero, TTC or me filling the form you'll find in the Inferno Thread.

    Find all the EWNCW links here.

    The Jesting Madness: Last EWNCW Tag Team Champions (6/3/12-5-5-12), first ever EWNCW Blacklist Champions (5-5-12/11-12)

    Also check TWE!!

  2. #302
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,095
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Are they all apart of bands? or are they solo artists?
    From the bands Blondie, Heart and Garbage respectively.


  3. #303
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,392
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind_Bastard View Post
    Take it easy, man, there's no hurry at all. Glad you liked Unleashed.

    I leave this for everyone's consideration. I'm in a Viking Metal band (that label is wrong, as they throw in bands with different styles just because they sing about Vikings) and we're considering covering a song that has nothing to do with the style, such as House of the Rising Sun by The Animals.

    Do you like when a group makes a cover of a radically different style or you just plain think they destroy the original? I leave you an example in the form of Losing my Religion revised by melodic Black Metal band Graveworm:

    I think metal and punk do the best with covering songs from different genre's because they tend to be so much different. one of my favorite covers is lillasyster singing umbrella...originally a pop song.
    #TeamGeeky


  4. #304
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,392
    Blog Entries
    10
    ed sheerman is opening for taylor swift... hand meets face.
    #TeamGeeky


  5. #305
    Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,794
    Blog Entries
    52
    Torrented the new Axewound album to give it a listen since it is a British and Canadian supergroup and the Bullet for my Valentine vocals killed it for me , but I did like some of the instrumental work
    #BennysTeddy

    Efedding

     

    Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

    Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

  6. #306
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,392
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    Torrented the new Axewound album to give it a listen since it is a British and Canadian supergroup and the Bullet for my Valentine vocals killed it for me , but I did like some of the instrumental work
    Do you just not like his voice or something? I don't mind his voice but it isn't the greatest... it works pretty well for bfmv though.
    #TeamGeeky


  7. #307
    Senior Member/Featured Blogger wrestlingfan66513's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,794
    Blog Entries
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Do you just not like his voice or something? I don't mind his voice but it isn't the greatest... it works pretty well for bfmv though.
    I was fine with BFMV BEFORE Fever came out, I just don't really think Axewound is going to do all that well. The musical parts of the song are ok, I just am not a fan of the lyrics and think the voice stands out
    #BennysTeddy

    Efedding

     

    Mike Hawk
    EWNCW World Champion (11-12-13 to 5/1/14) Vacated
    Current IWA World Champion (12-15-13 to Present)
    IWA Blackout Champion (3-24-13 to 4-27-14)
    Former JBW Television Champion (12-2-12 to 8-2-13)
    Former ICW Tag Team champion
    1st and last EWA Carnage World champion

    Mixed Emotions (Pride and Sorrow)
    Current EWNCW World Tag Team Champions (4-19-13 to 4-26-14)
    Last EWNCW Grand, Hardcore and International Tag Champions

  8. #308
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,392
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513 View Post
    I was fine with BFMV BEFORE Fever came out, I just don't really think Axewound is going to do all that well. The musical parts of the song are ok, I just am not a fan of the lyrics and think the voice stands out
    I'm not a huge fan of BFMV but I like some of their music though.
    #TeamGeeky


  9. #309
    Black Ninja! Dennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    16,392
    Blog Entries
    10
    I have said this before on this site and many have agreed but I'm wondering what you guys think... Do you think this generation of music is semi underrated? I mean if you overlook the crap and just look for quality there is alot to be found. I might even say it's as good other previous generations... they had sublime we have streetlight manifesto... they had nirvana we have foo fighters... etc etc etc.
    #TeamGeeky


  10. #310
    Moderator Robstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Calling It
    Posts
    24,095
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I have said this before on this site and many have agreed but I'm wondering what you guys think... Do you think this generation of music is semi underrated? I mean if you overlook the crap and just look for quality there is alot to be found. I might even say it's as good other previous generations... they had sublime we have streetlight manifesto... they had nirvana we have foo fighters... etc etc etc.
    The problem is it's such a flooded market now, more than ever. So, there's just more crap to water down the good stuff. And creativity suffers. Great example;


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.