Page 27 of 101 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 37 77 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Ape View Post
    Hipsters are one type of counterculture, and I wasn't specifically referring to them. At all. The idea was for you to figure out that genres can live and thrive outside of the mainstream and not have their respective successes be defined by play on terrestrial radio.
    fair enough. Though if there are enough of those people they usually get stations as well... I have noticed with at least hipsters there seems to be a idea that if it's popular it's bad... songs like Little Lion Man by mumford and sons and crystallized by the xx were popular with hipsters that I knew before they became well known songs....
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyJose2391 View Post
    Funny my top three favorite bands are

Backstreet Boys
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Bullet For My Valentine

I have a wide range of music and I like to discuss other music too. I just love pop music though
    I thought I had a wide range of music that I like... I like discussing pretty much all music, I don't like some of it... I'm not huge on dubstep for example but I have no problem giving it a try if someone suggests it to me.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    I agree with you guys, Punk was never meant to be mainstream, Punk born as a way for people to manifest their digust with the British goverment that time

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkinhead View Post
    I agree with you guys, Punk was never meant to be mainstream, Punk born as a way for people to manifest their digust with the British goverment that time
    yea, I don't think punk was suppose to be mainstream either. I do notice a lot of punk songs with political messages behind them... the offspring has quite a few... So it makes sense that's how it got started.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyJose2391 View Post
    Punk was never meant to be mainstream. It was suppose to be in your face anarchy. I'm sure if you search deep enough like Iron Ape has said there are good Punk bands out there. Minor Threat never made it mainstream but people remember them and brought about the hardcore punk scene. Sure nowadays we think bands like Sex Pistols and The Clash are big must know Punk acts but they were never meant to be mainstream
    I kinda am more into the idea of what punk was originally - spawned in reaction to a certain bland and blatantly commercial wave of culture that was happening - to create, you got it, one of the original modern day counter-cultures. I wouldn't even to nearly be able to describe what punk is nowadays but it's not as reactionary as it once was. There's probably less emphasis on the shock factor and more on musicianship and being actual revolutionary activist/spokesperson, in a Jello Biafra or Henry Rollins sense.

Blog Entries
    does anyone suggest any albums that they like!? I'm bored and want to listen to music...
    Florence and the machine-lungs is pretty awesome if you guys want a suggestion.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Here's some a bit left of center - Little Queen by Heart. Moon Safari - Air. Mixed Up - The Cure. Mama Said or 5 by Lenny Kravitz. The Bends - Radiohead. The Southern Harmony & Musical Companion - The Black Crowes. Blind Melon - Blind Melon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Here's some a bit left of center - Little Queen by Heart. Moon Safari - Air. Mixed Up - The Cure. Mama Said or 5 by Lenny Kravitz. The Bends - Radiohead. The Southern Harmony & Musical Companion - The Black Crowes. Blind Melon - Blind Melon.
    starting with the cure album... because I'm most familiar with that band... good intro to the album.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    just finished the cure's album "mixed up" pretty stacked album good suggestion robstar... I did get excited when I actually knew one of the songs as well
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    So is the album Countdown to Extinction by Megadeth an acceptable album to listen to prior to the "end of the world?"
    HolyJose
    JBW WARFare World Television Champion-1 time
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 Time
    First Dual Champion in JBW History
    Alpha Revolution North American Heavyweight Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time
    JBW Champion-1 Time

Azrael
    JBW WARFare World Tag Team Champion-1 time
    EWNCW Blacklist Champions-1 Time