Page 21 of 101 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 31 71 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPunk View Post
    The Lumineers is an effing brilliant song!
    The only problem with that song is that it's too short! stubborn love is a brilliant song as well... I almost thought about having them repeat on my list
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I thought wasting light was a great album. according to metacritic it's their best album minus their greatest hit album. I know critics are not the pulse of the people... but I wouldn't call their highest rated album a plateau. I do agree you can't really go on with out your lead guy especially knowing that kurt was kind of the voice of that entire genre.
    The purest fact to come out of the death of Kurt was that he is destined to be never to be held to the kind of musical scrutiny that only prolific output can provide. Look at Eric Clapton - great guitarist, was in some great bands, seminal ones even - but over time has lost his lustre and some of the esteem to which he was originally held. Because his great stuff has been watered down by his mediocre stuff.

God knows what would have become of Jim Morrison had he lived

The only problem with that song is that it's too short! stubborn love is a brilliant song as well... I almost thought about having them repeat on my list
    I agree, have it on mu iPod and go seriously, over? I might go listen to that

IWA Revolution Creative Team

IWA/WWE

Last Ever IWA Vanities Champion: Juno Mercury!

2013: Women's Wrestler of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    2013: Vanity of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    #RaptureBitch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    The purest fact to come out of the death of Kurt was that he is destined to be never to be held to the kind of musical scrutiny that only prolific output can provide. Look at Eric Clapton - great guitarist, was in some great bands, seminal ones even - but over time has lost his lustre and some of the esteem to which he was originally held. Because his great stuff has been watered down by his mediocre stuff.

God knows what would have become of Jim Morrison had he lived
    Sometimes people are harsh on bands that produce good music that is just different than their original stuff as well. I know I heard major flock about the latest foo album being too hard instead of their more pop like feel that they had... but some artists like dave grohl just don't always want to play the same type of music... dave grohl-"I love being in a rock band, but I don't know if I necessarily wanna be in an alternative rock band from the 1990s for the rest of my life." Sorry to keep using the same band as an example I just happen to read an article that he mentioned that fact and it made that band very easy to try to prove the point that I was trying to make.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    Even if Kurt hadn't died, I don't think Grohl would have continued as the drummer in Nirvana for very long.

Blog Entries
    Even if Kurt hadn't died, I don't think Grohl would have continued as the drummer in Nirvana for very long.
    true, I think he kind of wanted more spotlight than being a drummer can give you. That's not a bad thing, he is a great frontman... maybe even better than he was behind the drums. I get a laugh out of the fact that taylor hawkings kind of followed suit and is now trying to make his own way with his band "taylor hawkings and the coattail riders". I think the music scene would be much different if kurt didn't decide to end it when he did though, a couple more nirvana albums and a few less foo albums might of lead to some strange things in music.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    true, I think he kind of wanted more spotlight than being a drummer can give you. That's not a bad thing, he is a great frontman... maybe even better than he was behind the drums. I get a laugh out of the fact that taylor hawkings kind of followed suit and is now trying to make his own way with his band "taylor hawkings and the coattail riders". I think the music scene would be much different if kurt didn't decide to end it when he did though, a couple more nirvana albums and a few less foo albums might of lead to some strange things in music.
    Firstly, it's Taylor HAWKINS. And prior to Fooeys he played for Alanis Morrisette *blech* I don't know if either case is about wanting the spotlight so much as writing and playing your own songs. I would go as far to say that Foo Fighters are FAR more iconic and better than Nirvana.

Blog Entries
    Firstly, it's Taylor HAWKINS. And prior to Fooeys he played for Alanis Morrisette *blech* I don't know if either case is about wanting the spotlight so much as writing and playing your own songs. I would go as far to say that Foo Fighters are FAR more iconic and better than Nirvana.
    I said this in the unpopular opinion thread. Dave grohl did help write some nirvana songs... but yes I agree foo fighters are better than nirvana... I failed by putting hawkings hahah.. It's habit I feel like putting ing if I put a in first haha
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries

Blog Entries
    I like the band muse... but I don't understand why madness is popular... it's kind of a bad song.
    #BeJelly