Page 19 of 101 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 29 69 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    I kinda already did state my guilty pleasures.....like Heart, Powerman 5000 or Duran Duran. I suppose you could put Grand Funk Railroad, Pacific Gas & Electric in there....Skid Row, Cheap Trick, Steve Miller Band, Kiss, Deep Purple.....not that I'm very embarrassed to admit to them
    yea, none of those bands are very embarrassing. since my second favorite band is florence and the machine I just assume everyone has a band like that... the band that you like but get crap for liking.
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnienfg View Post
    It is, I love their new album. I think the last 2 albums they've released have by far been there best. Also they were brilliant at the O2 Arena and then again at Bournemouth BIC a month later this year.
    nice! I agree with you their newer stuff is better. which is funny because that's just usually not true for older bands. The red hot chili peppers old stuff is much better than their new stuff for example. incubus is another band like that.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    I really can't get into Joy Division. I tried, just not for me.
    I only say that because they're same era bands as well as having similar song themes - heartbreak, death, depression. I still have many of the tracks from The Queen Is Dead burned into my brain from a co-worker who loved The Smiths. Not to my taste though. The funny thing about Joy Division is how much they cheered up - in a musical sense - when their original leader topped himself and they became New Order.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    yea, none of those bands are very embarrassing. since my second favorite band is florence and the machine I just assume everyone has a band like that... the band that you like but get crap for liking.

nice! I agree with you their newer stuff is better. which is funny because that's just usually not true for older bands. The red hot chili peppers old stuff is much better than their new stuff for example. incubus is another band like that.
    I have tried to eliminate the people in my life that give me crap for that sort of stuff, rather than ditching the music!

Also, I truly hope you're not referring to pre Mothers Milk RHCP music. What do you mean exactly "old stuff"?

1) New Found Glory
    2) Blink 182
    3) The Smiths
    4) Andrew McMahon (Something Corporate, Jack's Mannequin)
    5) The Who
    Honorable Mentions (as it seems to have been added since )
    The Ramones, Fall Out Boy, Paramore, Brand New, Eisley, Coheed & Cambria, Tegan & Sara, The Cure, The Beatles, Frank Turner, The Gaslight Anthem, Jimmy Eat World, Alkaline Trio, Motion City Soundtrack, Against Me!, Nirvana and Weezer.

Clandestine knows the feeling Spidey.

Blog Entries
    I have tried to eliminate the people in my life that give me crap for that sort of stuff, rather than ditching the music!

Also, I truly hope you're not referring to pre Mothers Milk RHCP music. What do you mean exactly "old stuff"?
    I'm talking about mid 1990's to mid 2000's their new cd is not as good as the stuff between that decade of time.
    #BeJelly

I only say that because they're same era bands as well as having similar song themes - heartbreak, death, depression. I still have many of the tracks from The Queen Is Dead burned into my brain from a co-worker who loved The Smiths. Not to my taste though. The funny thing about Joy Division is how much they cheered up - in a musical sense - when their original leader topped himself and they became New Order.
    Yeah new order were a lot more happy sounding. Both bands were also from Manchester but Joy Division had ended before The Smiths started. Morrissey's lyrics were a little more tongue in cheek and not as depressing as Joy Division.

Blog Entries
    Did you know: with the release of Death Magnetic, Metallica became the only band in U.S. chart history to have 5 albums debut at number 1? Previously they were tied at 4 albums a piece with The Beatles (elementary, of course), U2 (sure why not) and The Dave Matthews Band. Wait...what? I never realised TDMB was so successful but there you go. That was a shock to learn.

Blog Entries
    Yeah new order were a lot more happy sounding. Both bands were also from Manchester but Joy Division had ended before The Smiths started. Morrissey's lyrics were a little more tongue in cheek and not as depressing as Joy Division.
    Johnny Marr used to play in a band with Billy Duffy from The Cult, so he gets a free pass from me

Johnny Marr used to play in a band with Billy Duffy from The Cult, so he gets a free pass from me
    didn't know that, but Johnny Marr is a brilliant guitarist.

Blog Entries
    Did you know: with the release of Death Magnetic, Metallica became the only band in U.S. chart history to have 5 albums debut at number 1? Previously they were tied at 4 albums a piece with The Beatles (elementary, of course), U2 (sure why not) and The Dave Matthews Band. Wait...what? I never realised TDMB was so successful but there you go. That was a shock to learn.
    that's interesting... I didn't know they were that successful. tdmb not metallica lol.
    #BeJelly