Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 24 64 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPunk View Post
    He only made it in the US because of his song writing and singing abilities, wasn't for being polite..He has an attitude problem
    Really? He only made it because he was good at writing songs and singing them? What else is there? What else matters? Being a nice guy surely doesn't. And from everything I have heard, which as a Sting fan for 30+ years, he's a pretty nice bloke. So, I don't know where you're getting that from. He's not Elton John.

Quote Originally Posted by Robstar View Post
    Really? He only made it because he was good at writing songs and singing them? What else is there? What else matters? Being a nice guy surely doesn't. And from everything I have heard, which as a Sting fan for 30+ years, he's a pretty nice bloke. So, I don't know where you're getting that from. He's not Elton John.
    I personally don't like him just, i didn't say it was everyone's opinion..I don't like Elton either, that is just because he sings stuff i don't like

IWA Revolution Creative Team

IWA/WWE

IWA Vanities Champion: Juno Mercury!

2013: Women's Wrestler of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    2013: Vanity of the Year,Juno Mercury (IWA)
    #RaptureBitch

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I was unaware that was one of your qualifiers to solo artists that have made it in america. I was just pointing out the fact that he is an english solo artist that has gained popularity in america.
    Actually, Sting broke big in America because, when The Police was still a going concern, they were fortunate enough to have a handful of videos already made for songs when MTV premiered, subsequently giving them huge exposure. It wasn't for his role in Dune, I can assure you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPunk View Post
    I personally don't like him just, i didn't say it was everyone's opinion..I don't like Elton either, that is just because he sings stuff i don't like
    Yeah but you commented on his attitude.

Sting's solo stuff isn't worth a damn, but his contributions to The Police have forever earned my respect. I couldn't care less what dude's personality is like on account of my never going to be hanging out with him. The guy could spit in the face of the people who serve him his dinner and that's not going to make "Every Breath You Take" any less awesome.

Recently Played (out of ten):
    Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)- 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order (PS4)- 8
    Shovel Knight (Wii U
    )- 9
    The Last Of Us: Remastered (PS4)- 10
    Kirby: Triple Deluxe (3DS)- 8.5

Been on a Mr. Bungle kick lately. That self titled album just rips my head to pieces.
    I'd rather have nothing than have a lie.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Been on a Mr. Bungle kick lately. That self titled album just rips my head to pieces.
    That's the first one, right? Man, that takes me back.

Blog Entries
    Actually, Sting broke big in America because, when The Police was still a going concern, they were fortunate enough to have a handful of videos already made for songs when MTV premiered, subsequently giving them huge exposure. It wasn't for his role in Dune, I can assure you.
    That's fair. My point towards ashley was that he became a solo artist in america who gained major exposure. I do agree with iron ape though, his best work was done during the police. I am just turning 21 later this week and I still sing police songs quite often, and I was not even born before they broke up the first time.
    #BeJelly

Blog Entries
    The Police were certainly an outstanding band. One of the very first, if not the first albums I ever bought was The Police Greatest Hits. I would recommend that to anybody.

Blog Entries
    The Police were certainly an outstanding band. One of the very first, if not the first albums I ever bought was The Police Greatest Hits. I would recommend that to anybody.
    Yes! I use spotify, and I made a list which includes several songs from the greatest hits album. it's worth a play. Another band from that era that seems to never get enough credit is the cure... they produced hit after hit.
    #BeJelly